Media section in the ship pages

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Media section in the ship pages

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I wonder how many of you would like the ability to add pictures and/or video to the ship pages? ie. like Sinxar video here. Videos would be much easier to do, as there is already something similar already floating around the site - which would just need a few mods. Anyway, ill thought id ask before doing anything Smile

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

might be pretty cool, might need to watch out for how much gets uploaded though. i would have said uploading pictures would have been good, then that way they could be linked to the ships details, such as if i put up one of my Red Megalodons, showing colour configurations and the likes.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

That would be pretty cool, yeah

Picture
zortan

zortan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

sounds great , miind you perhaps a way to embed youtube clips ? that way you can watch it without a need to upload Smile

nothing like a crispy argon pilot being eating by a split while a boron slave sirves drinks aaaa what a joy war is .
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

sounds great , mind you perhaps a way to embed youtube clips ? that way you can watch it without a need to upload Smile
- zortan

That would be much more easier for me too, that was the way I was thinking of doing videos Smile

zortan

zortan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

That would be much more easier for me too, that was the way I was thinking of doing videos Smile
- Roguey

nice the coding should be easy to do f you need help with getting the code , feel free to ask should be easy

Edit :

sorry went ahead of myself think the code will look like this ,

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html"
width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/ect"
frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

by replacing the red with your youtube link it should work , at work socant realy test myself

nothing like a crispy argon pilot being eating by a split while a boron slave sirves drinks aaaa what a joy war is .
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

there is a working youtube tag here already. unless you mean something different?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

If we're talking about pictures I'd suggest that they be tied to the wiki, considering that there's already an uploader there etc etc. Also, having all uploaded images composited in one place would be easier to keep track of.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

If we're talking about pictures I'd suggest that they be tied to the wiki, considering that there's already an uploader there etc etc. Also, having all uploaded images composited in one place would be easier to keep track of.
- Seygantte

yeh it would also mean they would need to be verified to ensure no inappropriate stuff gets through

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

That wouldn't be too hard to do, I'd volunteer to do it

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

nice the coding should be easy to do f you need help with getting the code , feel free to ask should be easy
- zortan

Thanks for the tips, although like Sinxar said: there is already a working [youtube] tag.

If were talking about pictures Id suggest that they be tied to the wiki, considering that theres already an uploader there etc etc.
- Seygantte

That's actually a good idea. The main thing which I would need to do is to auto-create all the ship section areas (like you said before). Hopefully a few SQL statements should do that, or atleast some php.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

If it's going to be tied into the wiki, then it might be worth adding a sort of tag function and the page will display all those pictures with the relevant tag rather than 1 page for per picture. That would allow pictures containing multiple ships to appear on more than one page.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

what about creating a thumbnailed preveiw page, that way you can browse the pictures and then click and enlarge the full image?

- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

ive got an idea - using the wiki has made things much easier for me. Ill starting working on it Smile

You need to log-in to post here.