Roguey Teamspeak

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Roguey Teamspeak

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey guys, was just wondering what you think about having a teamspeak server for roguey's X-series site, it would cover all the games and I would usually be on there to talk to when im not at work or asleep. I already have the server up and running, for my minecraft servers, but I have enough space

Picture
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm dont know, always wondered what the point in having forums, chats etc etc, they all in a way done the same thing...

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

forums are useful for leaving messages, teamspeak can be used for ingame chatting better then the steam typing system, plus it can support more then 2 people in a conversation, all be it, I don't know the voice chat system of steam all that well.

It would also be useful for those who bought the game and installed through cd and isn't steam related

Picture
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

well i suppose there is that side of things, keeps the contact between people using the no steam exe.

ive used systems like it in the past but to be honest never for a single player game. i remember using chat systems A LOT when i used to play X Wing Alliance online as part of the clans... i just personally think its kinda of a mute point, i wouldnt be against it, i just dont think id be overly for it either. within a single player game i dont see any major bonuses for it.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

for one to talk to others, to give advice. Second to hel those that need help

Picture
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

This is can be done using the steam group chat since it also has a VOIP capability. Also, for anyone not aware, you can use the steam group member list from the friends window to open a chat with any other member privately by simply double clicking their name. If anyone has any suggestions for me (esp wiki related) or quick questions you can ask me in that.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
zortan

zortan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

hay all

well the team speak thing is always fun for talking about many thing other then just the game in x though wish it had some form of multi player so I can take my mining empire to a system near you and with my inegrated energy cell complex you can buy at lower prices even Smile

hehehe I would joi in on team speak if its up and running

nothing like a crispy argon pilot being eating by a split while a boron slave sirves drinks aaaa what a joy war is .
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I dont have microphones or anything, however I can try and support the idea the best I can. I didnt know steam system could do it although.

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

it is, Its a server I bought for my minecraft servers, but as I said theres enough player slots available to have this. I was just wondering what you guys would think about it.

Also those who dont have/use steam cant use it to chat, just think of it as a backup system in your case. Personally, I like helping people, most who do ask do so through teamspeak.

Picture

You need to log-in to post here.