HQ Dockware Manager

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » HQ Dockware Manager

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

just out of curiousity has anyone managed to get the dockware manager to operate properly on the PHQ? i can get it to add and remove wares like it should but i cant get the limits i set to stick... ive been trying to get a supply system running for my PHq's in my Argon gamestart but my freighters dont stop when they reach the maximum limit which is goosing up my wares balance. its not the most important thing to me but it would be nice to get it operating the way it should.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

It doesn't work with CLS2.

Have you tried it with CLS1 (the consumer/supplier one) or Commercial Agents?

Oh an another trick is to set it to 'unload up to'. Say you want 10k e-cells in your phq and using the CLS2 (the waypoints one) you can set it to unload up to 10000 and apparently it will stop at that.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh an another trick is to set it to unload up to. Say you want 10k e-cells in your phq and using the CLS2 (the waypoints one) you can set it to unload up to 10000 and apparently it will stop at that.
- Sinxar

I can verify this. I have my PHQ supply complex's traders set to keep my PHQ stocked with precisely enough of material to build an Aran, and transfer the excess onto a trading equipment dock. Feels good man.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

oh right i never realised there was a conflict with the CLS 2 scipts. thats probably whats causing it, my entire trading and logistics is done via ST/LT/UT/CLS2. i dont use CAGS much as i find using both CAGs and ST's etc is a bit pointless, they end up conflicting.

ill try setting it up via the unload upto way, im looking at setting up 4 anchorages (basically large personal resupply depots for weapons, missiles, sheilds etc.) what ill end up doing is docking 6 TL's or summit to it and have them use the CLS to load onto the PHq itself.

one other small question then, can the CAG system be set to buy from only set stations when supplying the PHq, my argon game has my own supply complex's so i dont want it buying from the NPC stations in this case.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

It looks like its possible but not sure if it worth the effort. There are options to force it to trade in only specified sectors but it doesn't seem to allow only player stations. I guess if your complex is the only one producing the good it would work but no idea what would happen if there are others in sector.

The other option would work well if you have one megaplex producing everything for the PHQ but if its separate complexes it seems like it would be easier to just do what you were doing and try the unload up to option.

If you are supplying multiple factories from one complex the supplier/consumer model works fairly well. Its too bad you cant make a dedicated collector that follows the rules set by the dockware manager.

Thats one reason I never built from the PHQ as I didn't understand how the CLS/CAG system worked.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I just noticed you can set the internal CLS to have multiple suppliers and consumers.

So you could test it out if you want. You would set the product producing factories as suppliers and add the wares you want it to trade. then set the PHQ as the consumer and add those wares to the PHQ list if it isnt already.

When it ask for a price for the ware use the "manual input" option and set it to zero so it doesn't need cash to run.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

CLS2 has its own method to control amounts, that works better than the dockware manager anyway. As said already, the unload upto and load upto commands work great.

You need to log-in to post here.