Finding good stuff in the Random sectors

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Finding good stuff in the Random sectors

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I must of been to them random sectors 100+ (maybe 150, 200+) times so far, yet all ive found is one Aran (which is boarded and being reversed-engineered) and ton of energy cells. I guess there should be engine and rudder tuning packs there atleast? Do these need to be revealed with an Adv. Sat like the ones floating in unknown/pirate sectors? how far of a area needs to be mapped?

Can you find free ships there (apart from the Aran)? if so, do these register on your map, or not (like the Aran)?

thanks for any advice - just cant seem to find a damn thing there. Have you found anything good there??

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I must of been to them random sectors 100+ (maybe 150, 200+) times so far, yet all ive found is one Aran (which is boarded and being reversed-engineered) and ton of energy cells. I guess there should be engine and rudder tuning packs there atleast? Do these need to be revealed with an Adv. Sat like the ones floating in unknown/pirate sectors? how far of a area needs to be mapped?
- Roguey

I'd be surprised if you find tuning crates there (assuming you're talking about the AP Pandora tunings?) since they're placed in the known universe at the start of the game. UFJD sectors are only created as the player enters them. They don't exist until that moment, and vanish again when you leave.

Can you find free ships there (apart from the Aran)? if so, do these register on your map, or not (like the Aran)?
- Roguey

Based on the same logic, no, you won't find anything else there. It does make those sectors feel kinda pointless, but I kinda like the view, so I spend a lot of time out in the middle of nowhere Big grin

thanks for any advice - just cant seem to find a damn thing there. Have you found anything good there??
- Roguey

Define 'good'? :p I liked going Xenon hunting in TC and 3/5 UFJD sectors were crawling with them lol

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Actually they are supposed to be generated in the UFJD sectors after you've acquired your Aran.
I haven't done that yet so have yet to find any that way, but there's enough people on the Egosoft forums confirming that they have found them.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Pandora crates are found in UFJD sectors, yes. I've found all but one of mine from there, and they are generated with the sector. I don't know if they can appear in the same sector as the Aran, or before you cap it, but I don't see why not. Engine tunings will appear on your regular radar, but rudder optimisations need you to either be <1km or so from them, or need an adv satellite. I may have gotten them the other way around so don't take my word for it.

They appear pretty much randomly in the sector, and usually off the plane. I've seen them appear as far as 200km away from the origin in any direction. Hunting for these crates needs a lot of commitment.

As far as free ships go, I've heard that Kha'ak ships have a small chance of spawning. I've not been looking for them, however, so I can't speak from experience.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I did think there was a chance of tuning crates appearing in UFJD sectors, although up-to 200km away? eek. Could a bunch of M5's map the area find them? or does it need to be adv. sats?

as for ships, I guess no one here is found much for themselves? I got a few L's, although from them bailing not floating in space.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Apart from the Aran in the UFJD sectors? Apparently from people who've looked at the code there's a possibility that a Ranger might be floating out there though I haven't heard of anyone actually finding one.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn&#39;t mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh, I thought the code for UFJD was inside one of the internal files, however ive found the code inside 3.08 Sector Management.xml in the director folder. Its that damn xml coding I hate again. Okay trying to make sence of it all:

Engine and rudder tunings

Looking into these crates, the first thing is map size. This can vary between 30 and 120km (how big the random sector is, shown when you open up the sector map. ie. how small the gird is). The crate spawn depending on this formula:

min="mapsize + (1/20)" max="mapsize + (1/3)"

So this means between 31.5km to 160km, for x, y and z (depend on the mapsize). So you only need to scout in them areas. The smallest map you only need to check between 31.5km to 40km. This may explain why I havnt found one - I thought they could be across the whole map. There is half as much chance to find a engine tuning box (1% and 2%). [update] I think min and max values give it a range, however the xml can turn these min/max values into plus or minus, so could be 31.5, -36,5, 32. So I think you need to scout around past the sector map, although this is pretty boring. I am sure however these crates wont appear in your normal scan range, ever!

A secret flag is missing on engine tunings, so should just appear when in scanner range. However rudder tunings can only be found when dropping a Advance sat within range.

Asteroids

Nividium, Ore and silicon can be created - no ice. The max number asteroids per UFJD sectors 100 for Nividium, 150 for ore and 200 for Silicon (depending on chance).

Enemy spawns

This places some odd ships, which can range between 0 to 10. The ship type scales with your fighting rank, so you should find much harder foes with a higher combat rank. I think this can be only Xenon and Pirates? Hard to check what they mean by enemy race.

Xenon generation

Creates a Xenon trade dock. It says min 3 and max of 12? In this section only M3, M4 and M5 xenon are created. So other Xenon are created above.

The Aran

Spawns with the hidden tag (why it cant be targeted) and between 100-300 energy cells on-board. The hull can range between 3 and up-to 30% in X3AP (guess this explains why I had trouble getting a 'good' one). Once you get one, the script sets a value so the Aran cant be spawned again.

Energy spawns

Added for emergency encase you run out, max of 5 (2 in emergences) crates between 100 to 500 Energy cells.

---

Kindof sad really.. so much egosoft could of added here. No mention of spawning ships, or random items. Just basically rather empty apart from some crates. I may of gone some of the formulas and that wrong, but hopefully not. Wasted opportunity!!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Kindof sad really.. so much egosoft could of added here. No mention of spawning ships, or random items. Just basically rather empty apart from some crates. I may of gone some of the formulas and that wrong, but hopefully not. Wasted opportunity!!
- Roguey

So make a mod for it Roguey, give those UFJD sectors a bit more erm...flair? Big grin If you make it TC compatible I'll download it and check it out lol Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

So make a mod for it Roguey, give those UFJD sectors a bit more erm...flair?
- Kirlack

Would anyone be interested in me making a mod? I would make it for X3AP however, although it may work with TC.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'd certainly be interested. You could add random drops for the unavailable weapons, like PALCs or PBCs, ships that aren't commonly available (OTAS Astreus Hauler?), enemy shipyards for Khaak/Xenon etc. Soooo many options lol. Of course, I don't own AP, so a TC version would be needed for me Wink

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Would anyone be interested in me making a mod? I would make it for X3AP however, although it may work with TC.
- Roguey

if you could add other ships (say like the XRM Argon DEADALUS) to the mod pack for vanilla then defo... a group of unique ships that can only be found out there that otherwise doesn't exist ingame id go for...

thinking.... new M2+.... perhaps M1+.... M0's. some reworked ship models... say the Cerberus Prototype... with a tad better speed and perhaps forward firing IBL's... Kyoto Prototype, with the 6 ship hanger as is but also 20-25 fighter hanger as well! you get the idea. but make them pretty uncommon!! like youd maybe find one after 100 jumps...

you could also do TL's with other stations... Terran ice mines for example, or IBL/PBG forges, again stations you cant readily get. you could even throw a very small chance of finding the HQ stations... an Argon start with the Terran HQ!!

also make hostiles more common... Xenon out there (after all part of the reason the ancients shut the gate network down was to stop the spread of the Xenon.) you could perhaps make a short Plot system. after soo many jumps you could find a Khaak sector.. one that was missed by the OFF Plot. it was a small outpost, but they have grew their forces to have 10-15 Destroyers, bout the same carriers, dozens of corvettes and clusters... your job is to take them out before they can build large enough to threaten the known galaxy again!! give us a decent fleet engagement. then you could jump to the old khaak sectors to double check they aint spread back, might come across a few clusters or a solo M1/M2 that you need to destroy to prevent them gaining yet another foothold.

if that kind of thing was involved then it would definatly make it worth while to keep going out there.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Raider480

Raider480 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

A mod would be very interesting Roguey. The Kha'ak idea is neat, would be a fun throwback to TC.
I've always liked the concept of UFJD sectors, gives justification for filling my Aran with a couple dozen Hyperions, a Raptor, 100+ Kestrels and way too many Adv Sats! Or just lots of Thors.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I see how things go then Smile

I def. think UFJD needs expanding on. Its a great item just when you break down the code, ego have been very lazy with it.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

so are you going to give us a list of things your going to attempt to include?

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Im not sure what im really doing with it atm - although might be worth making a new thread, as this is going off topic :p

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Im not sure what im really doing with it atm - although might be worth making a new thread, as this is going off topic :p
- Roguey

Well, adding features to the UFJD sectors is potentially a huge undertaking, so I'm not surprised the thread is going off topic lol Smile Sooooo many possibilities Big grin

Things I'd like to see: [list]
[*]Khaa'k war fleets preparing for an attack on/return to the commonwealth.
[*]Rare/Unique ships (all classes) for retrieval/boarding.
[*]Xenon production facilities, mining set ups, weapon production etc. Seriously, where do the machines get their resources for building new ships from? I'd love to see a Xenon computer/chip plant for instance, and silicon mining Smile
[*]Changing some of the weapon set ups so that some Xenon ships can use the experimental weapons (in TC at least), like the PALCs, Tri-Laser Cannon etc. Might give the player the chance to acquire some of those guns Big grin

There's more I'm sure, but it's been a long and rather wierd day lol Smile

You need to log-in to post here.