Public API

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Public API

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

AH! Aldrin Transorbital Accelerators link to other Aldrin transorbital Accelerators.

Kozain

Kozain avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

I plan on the site supporting TC and AP as these two im sure are the most popular atm. If I go any older I dont think many people would be interested in that data anymore.

Im currently in the process of finishing two contracts AND moving to a new city, so my time for this has been snagged a bit right now, but ill catch up to CuAnnan when I can hehe.

*edit*
I have also begun my own sql server for this project so if you guys want access to it let me know.

*another edit :P *
Im not sure if either of you have experience in this, but I am having issues getting ships with names that have more then two words generating a modal tag for the site.

I am using the ships name as the html tag id, for example: (problem in red text)

@For Each item In Model
Dim currentItem = item
@*<!-- Ship Profile Modal -->*@
@<div id="@Html.DisplayFor(Function(modelItem) currentItem.name)" class="modal hide fade" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="#@Html.DisplayFor(Function(modelItem) currentItem.id)" aria-hidden="true">
<div class="modal-header">
<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-hidden="true">×</button>
<h3 id="@Html.DisplayFor(Function(modelItem) currentItem.id)">The @Html.DisplayFor(Function(modelItem) currentItem.name)</h3>
</div>
<div class="modal-body">
<div class="row-fluid">
<div class="span6">
<h4>Technical</h4>
Class : @Html.DisplayFor(Function(modelItem) currentItem.class) <br/>
Race : @Html.DisplayFor(Function(modelItem) currentItem.race) <br />
</div>
<div class="span6">
<h4>Performance</h4>
</div>
</div>

</div>
<div class="modal-footer">
<button class="btn" data-dismiss="modal" aria-hidden="true">Close</button>
</div>
</div>
Next

The id wont take spaces so I need a way to convert the spaces into a underscore maybe?

*EDIT AGAIN!*
Nevermind i just bit the bullet and created another field in the table. If you do know another way around this though please let me know, I hate having extra fields kicking around.

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, so there's a small snag in the class I'm using to import sectors.
It's loading sectors that aren't used any more (a few Kha'ak sectors, Family Zyarth) and it's misrepresenting Zyarth's Domain as a Xenon sector and not loading the last Xenon sector in the row in question.
I was using the language file to suck in the sector names, as the ids of those are coordinate pairs preceeded by 102, but that's clearly not right.

How do you map the sectors to their positions on the map and exclude the ones from TC that are clearly leftovers?

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

uh, never mind, it was a typo

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I plan on the site supporting TC and AP as these two im sure are the most popular atm. If I go any older I dont think many people would be interested in that data anymore.
- Kozain

I would agree on that, there are still a few looking at the X3 and X2 sites however the figures are much lower than the TC/AP sites.

Im not sure if either of you have experience in this, but I am having issues getting ships with names that have more then two words generating a modal tag for the site.
- Kozain

unfortunately there are a few like that. Remember usually the name is made-up from: [race] [name:can be multiple look-ups] [variant]. So I could see this being rather complex. This is one of the reasons I did it manually - although you could always create a table with just ship names. You could copy n' paste the xml from one of the language files, I think page 19 is the one you need with the ship names.

@For Each item In Model
- Kozain

I guess that's ASP? looks odd to me Smile

How do you map the sectors to their positions on the map and exclude the ones from TC that are clearly leftovers?
- CuAnnan

Another thing I had to do manually after my code created the maps.

Im currently in the process of finishing two contracts AND moving to a new city, so my time for this has been snagged a bit right now, but ill catch up to CuAnnan when I can hehe.
- Kozain

Sounds like a busy time for you, especially with xmas too coming up.

I have also begun my own sql server for this project so if you guys want access to it let me know.
- Kozain

Oh, does ASP use a SQL server? something I would know about Smile

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Another thing I had to do manually after my code created the maps.
- Roguey

I got it sorted without. Turns out the x and y coords are what they should be, for some reason I misread the code I had written to parse them.
I'll install java over the weekend on my live server, so that I can have my DB up and running, upload my current interface and get your opinions.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It will be very interesting to see the site starting to form together. hopefully your get it working Smile

Kozain

Kozain avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol ya that is ASP.Net and yes it can use sql server/compact or any other engine it needs.

unfortunately there are a few like that. Remember usually the name is made-up from: [race] [name:can be multiple look-ups] [variant]. So I could see this being rather complex. This is one of the reasons I did it manually - although you could always create a table with just ship names. You could copy n paste the xml from one of the language files, I think page 19 is the one you need with the ship names.
- Roguey

I already have made a basic table with ship names, but now i need to fill in the rest of statistics lol which you can imagine will be insane.

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Very primitive prototype up
wing.so-4pt.net/X3APMap/

not yet configured for iPhone usage, but it works.

Kozain

Kozain avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Very primitive prototype up
- CuAnnan

Very impressive man keep it up! Moving along strong!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

http://wing.so-4pt.net/X3APMap/
- CuAnnan

woh, that's definitely getting there. Im a bit surprised you used javascript with div's to build the map. How come you didnt use HTML5 with a canvas? is there something which cant be done by it? Would a canvas be smoother?

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

woh, that's definitely getting there. Im a bit surprised you used javascript with div's to build the map. How come you didnt use HTML5 with a canvas? is there something which cant be done by it? Would a canvas be smoother?
- Roguey

It's a HTML5 canvas.
I use Javascript to pull down the XML for the map from the server and use javascript to build the kinetic nodes representing the map.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Its a HTML5 canvas.
- CuAnnan

Oh right, sorry I didnt closely examine your code :p

The sector maps look good, true to X3TC/AP style.

However im finding the universe map being very CPU intensive - as I hear my i7 fans speed up when trying to move the map (o/c all the way up to 3.7GHz):

Picture

Is it something in my browser not behaving how it should, or is the canvas being very demanding? Although surely an i7 going at that speed should be able to scroll the map around smoothly? My cpu normally ticks along at 1.6Ghz, then speed-steps itself up-to 3.4Ghz, then can overclock itself up-to a max of 3.9Ghz depending on how many cores are loaded.

I just tried with my flash map, and my cores stayed at 1.6Ghz without moving (its energy saving state). Maybe its more demanding on a phone and your canvas is better for it?

just thought id ask, hopefully like me your welcome any questions Smile

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm looking at this now. Like I said, very primitive prototype

Kozain

Kozain avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

What browser are you using? I use chrome and it runs his map like a charm including the scrolling. If you use internet explorer then you had it coming lol

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.