Public API

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Public API

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

What browser are you using? I use chrome and it runs his map like a charm including the scrolling. If you use internet explorer then you had it coming lol
- Kozain

Im using Firefox 17.01. Although ive noticed IE has improved a lot recently - doesnt seem so far backwards now.

Kozain

Kozain avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

Im using Firefox 17.01. Although ive noticed IE has improved a lot recently - doesnt seem so far backwards now.
- Roguey

Very true, IE has come a long way. I would say switch to chrome, great loading and network capturing for debug ect. Everything about it just feels efficient and it is supported by google which means support is top of the line.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well to be honest im happy with FF - at one time it was greatly superior to IE, okay they closed the gap but still FF has done everything ive asked for, so I dont see why I need to change browsers atm. However if your saying the map issue is browser issue, then its not so bad. Just thought ill let you know encase.

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I use FF whenever I'm developping anything. The developer tools in Firebug are just brilliant. And I'm not getting any issues. I'll keep looking at it though, there are definitely ways to make it more efficient.
Not inclined to test for IE, because that'd mean using IE.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. well just checked in IE and it does scroll smoother but I wouldnt still class it has smooth. Its like the map is being re-drawn when scroll rather than simply scroll around an image. However it would be nice to hear how smooth it is for others, maybe ive got some old driver or something somewhere, slowing things down?

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, so I figured out what's causing the lag in scrolling.
I'm not sure I have the correct solution, but I have a make-shift solution until I figure out what the correct solution is.
There's still an initial jutter when you start dragging, but after that the dragging is smooth.

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Think that's that fixed.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Think thats that fixed.
- CuAnnan

Woh, that seems much better - what did you do to make it so much faster?

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Woh, that seems much better - what did you do to make it so much faster?
- Roguey

Initially, each sector was a group of objects being added to the draggable layer. One for the sector itself, one for the name of the sector, one for each gate leading out of the sector, one for each of the special stations.

Rather than add each sector part individually, I added them to a group and turned the group into a plain old image and added that to the layer.

This reduced by the number of things on the draggable layer from ~1200 to one per sector which reduced the amount of work the CPU had to do to pan them.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah, I can imagine it would make a difference. I guess some browsers might of seen what you were doing and kind-of cached it, hence why some ran smoother. Its much better now Smile

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah, I can imagine it would make a difference. I guess some browsers might of seen what you were doing and kind-of cached it, hence why some ran smoother. Its much better now Smile
- Roguey

There's also mouseover events now for highlighting things in sector map from the menus on the side or vice versa.
I'm working on the search stuff. The API is all written, I just need to implement getters and setters for the AJAX and it'll work like nobody's business.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm. seems to be stuck on please wait, loading now Confused I guess you are working on it Bricks

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm. seems to be stuck on please wait, loading now Confused I guess you are working on it Bricks
- Roguey

I am indeed. The tomcat server seems a little unstable. Am troubleshooting best as I can.

« 1 2 3 4 5

You need to log-in to post here.