To mod or not to mod ?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » To mod or not to mod ?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Seriously flying around in a Titan is like going a little over 140km/h... My old Cavalier was governed at 175km/h

or 49 (metres / second) = 109.609878 mph or 176.4 km/h (like jack said). Which is still faster than most cars just, and your Cavalier.

focus on Borderlands 2 and work.

Borderlands 2 is a good game, ive been playing recently and enjoyed it a lot.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Seriously flying around in a Titan is like going a little over 140km/h... My old Cavalier was governed at 175km/h
or 49 (metres / second) = 109.609878 mph or 176.4 km/h (like jack said). Which is still faster than most cars just, and your Cavalier.

focus on Borderlands 2 and work.
Borderlands 2 is a good game, ive been playing recently and enjoyed it a lot.

- Roguey

Yeah, and American cars are limited to 115mph... so like I said, why does a Titan go slower than my old Cavalier.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Maybe cos its a lot bigger? arent M1/2's supposed to be like 5-7km long?

JoelNussbaum

JoelNussbaum avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I play a modded game because there were several things I found that broke the game. Heres a list of modded things

Missile nerfs: If it does more than 250k damage the range is limited and the guidance is disabled. I also decreased the fire speed of missiles dependingon their damage.

Weapons: Increased repair laser healing, Increased projectile count on fragmentation bomb launcher.

Ship mods: added more ships and jobs in thee game (cadius ship pack and several ship files that are in the plugin launcher) Additionally, I improved the stats for all m7c ships in terms of shielding and hull points (2-4 gj shielding and about a million hull points typical of m7s also gave all ships a 50% hangar bay improvement)

Npc bailing addon and salvage claim software

Improved races 2.0.

Marine repairs mod

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The first thing you did was change the missiles LOL
They gone a bit too crazy indeed.

JoelNussbaum

JoelNussbaum avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey I learned how to mod this game because I got tired of 1 bomber class ship destroying everything I worked to build up. I will carry that **modified** tag with pride. If egosoft wont fix it then I will. Alert Missile Closing Alert Missile Closing Alert Missile Closing.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

So I've finally decided and installed the XRM, its amazing really interesting. Smile

Well, if vanilla is better in few things, the XRM is better in a ton of things. Wink

There is so much game starts in this mod, any suggestions on how to decide which one to pick up? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hehe Smile

Raptor, do you like Military Inteligence Network ?

And, I suggest you should start to think about gettin Khaak Adv. Corvette (+weponary)
This ship can not be boarded, but you can use S.O.S + S.S.S to get one.
Weponary is the hardest thing to get (Beta Kyon Emiters - in all weapon slots).
If you manage to get it, you'll never will fly another ship Smile

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't know much about Military Intelligence Network yet but I do like more fighting than trading.

but you can use S.O.S + S.S.S to get one

What is S.O.S + S.S.S Question mark And can I get the Kha'ak Advanced Destroyer? how?

And what about the Hunted Hero game start?

After being ordered to attack a boron convoy by a corrupt ATF commander, your decision to question your orders have turned you from hero to renegade. Now on the run, you have to do what you can in order to clear your name.
- in-game description

Is this mean that you should be friend for the terrans, borons and argons? if so, then this game start is just perfect for me, I'll choose it. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

:) Ok here is some info:
1. Military Inteligence Network
Its a "list" available for all races, after you buy Police License. To acces it You need to assign a hot key. There are all infos about selected race military operations, bounties, etc..
For example - lets say that we have Teladi Police License, (in my config i have F5 key assigned to acces M.I.N.) I enter F5 -> select = Teladi, and I can see:
Teladi Fleet Operations (like: Invading Xenon Sector 037)
I have bacis info about teladis' enemies movements:
Xenon Activitity (sectors names)
Khaak ....
Pirates ....
etc.
You can also check bounties on enemy ships:
select: Bounty -> select range (in credits) and you get the full list of all ships, and their last known location
example: Xenon C, bounty=985.000c, Xenon Core 022
If you destroy that ship teladi company will pay you 985.000 credits.

This system is available for each race, I suggest that if you want to live like bounty-hunter (I play that role now and its cool game), and have good relationship with all races, get all police licenses...

SOS+SSS
System Override Software
System Signature Scrambler
In vanila AP if you want to capture ship, you was forced to train marines, buy M7M class ship... But there was a problem... even if you have all of this things you find that some of ships CAN NOT BE BOARDED (fighters, Khaak Corvette...)

In XRM System Override Software can be use to TAKE CONTROL OF ANY FLYING SHIP!!!
(here you need to assign a hot key too if you want to use it)

System Signature Scrambler is protecting you S.O.S (system override soft.) form detection by police ships, and SOS is an illegal equipment!!! If local police patrol will discover that on your ships SOS is installed thay ask you to eject it to space (if you do not, they will attack you, similar thing like Space Fuel, Space Weed...)

To use SOS you also need Hacker Chips, they are illegal too, but can be bought in various pleaces (most corporation HQs, Priveter Trading Statnions, drop by pirates ships when you destroy them, pirates bases).

Strategy of using it is similar to the boarding (here is what you need:)
Instaled System Override Software,
Some Hacker Chips (the number that is needed to cap ships depends of ships condition and class, the bigger ship is = more hacker chips you will need)

Ok, lets assume that we have Pirate Chimera (nice fighter) and you want to cap it.
1. Drop her shields (same as standard boarding) and keep the shields down! all time!
2. Hit the hot key (in my AP-xrm hot key is "v" for SOS cappin)
You get message that SOS is trying to Level... hack
Bigger ship = more level of firewalls to hack
Fighters like chimera, mamba, nova (if i recall good) = 3 LEVELS to hack = minimum 3 hacker chips.

Xenon K,I,Z,J = 5+ LVLs to hack (and very very hard!)

To get Khaak advanced corvette = ONLY HACK, can not be boarded by marines Wink

If hacking (all levels, is not that simple) = succes, crew is ejected to space, and you are in full control of ship!

I never started game with Hunted Hero. But I recomend that you select as start Teladi Traficker (teladi trader, start ship = voulture, in xrm is quite good at start), and semi/good relations with all races - terran/usc included!) then if you want to make an enemy just select a race and... the rest is up to you. In 48h playing (i started as teladi traficker) i manage to get:
1x Khaak adv corvette (with 8 Beta Kyon Emiter + 4 Alfa Kyons its quite good they hard to find) = SOS capped
8x Xenon L = capped
1x Xenon PX = capped
1x Cobra (fully equiped= JD,3GJ shields,bioscanner,550 cargo extension...) = BUY
20x marine (now im training them) = BUY
1x Argon Mamoth = BUY
1x Mistral Super Frighter (full eq) = buy
I just finished HQ-quest (PTNI HQ, teladi)
trade rank = merchant; fighter rank = vindicator 81%
ALL police licenses, good relations with each race
60.000.000+ credits now

and IM bounty hunter Smile

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Very nice Smile

Military Intelligence Network & bounty hunter, interesting.

I see You chose Teladi Trafficker, its easy I understand, but I want even more challenge and I'd like to be a Terran or Argon, so I prefer the Hunted Hero game start. Smile

So now in the XRM we have also one more option for capturing:

Using system override software SOS + hacker chips: this technique can be used to capture all ship classes of all types in the x-universe, even the non-boardable Kha'ak ships and the hard-to-board Xenon capital ships. And we can also easily capture Kha'ak fighters this way, nice.

Seems very interesting. Smile

ps. Note: You can also get the Beta Kyon Emitters by capturing Kha'ak Fighters, and those are easy to encounter (Kha'ak clusters). Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Always surprises me how many great ideas scripters/modders come up with after the game release.

Xenon C, bounty=985.000c, Xenon Core 022

Never seen a Xenon C, is that part of some mod?

System Override Software +System Signature Scrambler

Sounds like a good idea. I had something similar in my X3 mod that I think cyrow wrote. It worked slightly different but was the same basic idea. ps. I like the idea of using hacking chips, as it buts a price on each hack.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Never seen a Xenon C, is that part of some mod?
- Roguey

Yes there are a new ship for the mod i thinks its an M7M.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@Roguey:
Yes, its XRM
there are much more ships (for each race)
Xenons (if i remember...) = N , M, L, LX, P, PX, X, C, G, Q, I, J, K, Z
Tempest Heavy Destroyer = OTAS ship
Much more ships added to Terran (TL ship included)

Well, I cant write all of them here, becouse I dont remember all, but in XRM You will find about 200 new ships (redesigned + newly added)

@Raptor:
Yes, but using S.O.S on hard-bordable ships like Xenon I,K... is almost same hard. The ship will defend itself, and most of Xenon ships have installed "Advanced Firewall Software" and "Software Signature Scrambler" which mean they are really very very hard to "HACK" Smile But it is possible.
Personaly I like idea of turning Override Software into something that is realy useful.

I'm sure that You will find much more suprises during Your adventure with XRM. Weapons system was build from scratch - almost everything is new.

When You fight in large battles always look on battlefield after, there is a lot of missiles and sometimes rare equipment (like Quantum Shockwave Cannon = xenon weapon). It's good to have salvage crew.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Roguey said: Never seen a Xenon C, is that part of some mod?

Yes there are a new ship for the mod i thinks its an M7M.

- Rassyu

Xenon C = light destroyer (4GJ shields, quite fast, nice weapons)

M7M = Xenon G
M8 (bomber class) = Xenon X
M2+ = Xenon Z (12GJ shields - similar to Boron Megalodon)

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.