Argon (and Boron?) rep from Terran start

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Argon (and Boron?) rep from Terran start

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello everyone!

I've been playing more X3AP as of late, what with the new patch being released. I've made a new start with the Terrans so as to be able to play the new plotline, but I've run into something confusing. I can't seem to gain rank with the Argons. I've been taking every mission I can find from Argons in neighbouring friendly sectors, but my rep is stubbornly remaining at Argon Enemy of the Federation 0%. This doesn't seem right to me.

Is this a bug? Is it a new mechanic imposed in the 3.0 patch to force you to take sides in the war? Am I just being a moron, and it was always this way?

~Sey

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well usually you gain rep boost of the person who gave you the mission (not the sector owner). ie. If a Boron gives you a mission, you will gain Boron rep, not Argon (if it was in an Argon sector).

The best way to boost you rep is to do some kills. ie. Xenon in Black Hole sun for example.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes I know. When I say neighbouring sectors, I mean sectors near to Argon space where there's a good chance of getting missions from Argons. By doing this, I've managed to make the Boron not hate me by accepting missions from them down in the sector west of Atreus HQ. It just hasn't seemed to be working with the Argon :/

I'll try killing some Xenon in their sectors, if I can dodge the hailstorm of missiles the resident Argon military send my way.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Try this:
Either go as Roguey suggested and go hunt Xenon in BHS or go to the Getsu Fune.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin

You need to log-in to post here.