Sun Ratings Question

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Sun Ratings Question

AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Probably a noob question, but at important one.

Does the sun rating for a system actually change the efficiency (cells per crystal) of a player's power plants in that system, or does it only effect the cycle time? I'm assuming the latter, because that's the effect I observe of mineral ratings on my ore and silicon mines.

Still, doubts gotta doubt.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

It just speeds up the production time of the solar power plants, however most sectors have a factor of 150%. So its mostly ignored.

AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I thought as much.

Kind of liberating, if you think about it. A given amount of crystals will always produce the same number of energy cells, no matter where you process them. You can generate power anywhere you need it. All that changes is the amount of SSP capacity you build.

It does tend to knock some of the shine from Akeela's Beacon though.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I think it was something which was added, but never really got used. I suppose it wouldnt be that great to restrict complex building to only sectors with high sun levels. No other stations are effected by the sun-levels.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

On this note then, do solar plants work in sectors with a sun rating of 0%? I'm pretty sure I've seen a sector with 0%, I could be wrong.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Loomanckstrat's Legacy, for instance. Solar plants do not work in that sector.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋

You need to log-in to post here.