Star Citizen shows, news and information

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Star Citizen shows, news and information

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Tuesday, November 29th [1000 PST / 1800 UTC]
November Subscriber's Town Hall w/ Tony Zurovec - http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Tony is the Director of the Persistent Universe
- edqe

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

This Week in Star Citizen - March 20th, 2017

Weekly lore: Mining Rocks: March 2947

Star Citizen: Citizen of the Stars - John Erskine & Mr. Hasgaha

"Mr. Hasgaha is in the Citizen Spotlight sharing how he takes Star Citizen screenshots and videos that appeals to Star Citizen fans both old and new! VP of Publishing and Austin Studio Director John Erskine takes on the Quantum Questions challenge."

Star Citizen: Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy - Corel System

"Senior Writer William Weissbaum heads to the Corel System, which is the main trade lane between the UEE and the Banu. See why the city of New Junction is considered a hot spot for smuggling and crime in this week's episode."

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - What is Mega Map?

"Sandi Gardiner and Forrest Stephan share how Mega Map improves playability in Star Citizen, while Eric Davis stops by with the Los Angeles studio update."

Happy Hour Gamedev: Javelin Basketball

"Technical Designer Calix Reneau and the CIG Community Team explore what it's like creating a first-pass game mechanic for Star Citizen LIVE with the fans."

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

This Week in Star Citizen - March 27th, 2017

Weekly lore: Plain Truth: Collateral Damage

Star Citizen: Citizens of the Stars - Andrew Hernando & Athagen

"Content creator Athagen explains how he animates stunning Star Citizen videos in this week’s Citizen Spotlight. Can QA Tester Andrew Hernando oust Brian Chambers as Quantum Questions champion?"

Star Citizen: March Subscriber's Town Hall w/ Turbulent (Spectrum)

"Community Manager Jared Huckaby chats with Benjamin Fardel & Benoit Beausejour from Turbulent about Spectrum, the new community interaction platform for Star Citizen."

Star Citizen: Bugsmashers! - Spectator Mode Crash

"Senior Gameplay Engineer Mark Abent discovers a bug that causes a crash when players exit spectator mode. Can Mark smash this bug? Watch and find out."

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Ship Pipeline Pt. 2: Greybox to Flight Ready

"In this week’s episode, hosts Eric Kieron Davis and Steve Bender check in with Germany for their studio update and share part two of the Drake Buccaneer Ship Pipeline."

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hi there, thanks for keeping us updated with Star Citizen, nice to see they are still progressing. It still look like its awhile away. I keep meaning to check the current version, has much changed?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

hi there, thanks for keeping us updated with Star Citizen, nice to see they are still progressing. It still look like its awhile away. I keep meaning to check the current version, has much changed?
- Roguey

As much I like the game and want to support it I really can't recommend anyone try it yet unless they have never tried it before.

Star Citizen PU Alpha 2.6 was pretty much all about Star Marine. Sure there's many other changes but nothing major. All the big work has happened in their "3.0" development branch for a while now. It is possible there will be something before 3.0 but we will find it out soon.

I recommend to just wait for Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 PU. It will be a huge update; first iterations of first set of professions, procedural planets (moons), first iteration of a new mission system, item system 2.0, loot system 2.0, etc. It will have only one star system (Stanton) but there should be quite much things to do.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

AtV this week is full of pretty amazing stuff ...

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Javelin: The UEE's Destroyer

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

I agree, looks like some interesting stuff. Hopefully it will be ready sometime soon, im guessing the release date is still 2017?

ps. nice to see sandi still presenting. Has she had some work done cos she looked slightly different than I remember?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yes, Squadron 42 is scheduled for 2017 but PU will be released later. I don't care much about SQ42 but I'm very interested in PU. The goal for Evocati PU Alpha 3.0 is set to begging of June so its pretty near already.

I don't mind how much it takes to make PU because as we have seen five years is enough to get just a basic AAA games these days. Star Citizen is magnitude of more complex game which shows directly in the development time.

Which game are you interested in (or neither) ?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

This week the AtV is about Banu; lore, design and a new ship The Banu Defender. The new design of RSI Aurora looks very good as well - https://imgur.com/a/IVQKq

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

To be honest I didnt know they were splitting Star-citizen into two games. Sorry if ive been under rock - however ive been pretty busy with Elite and stuff. So thanks for keeping up-to-date on things.

Well personally it seems a bit of a blow to me - I thought Squadron 42 was going to act like a story mission, where you could break away at any-time and do something else (a bit like how X3TC/AP does things), or not even play it and jump straight into PU area. So integrated together in one game.

So with Squadron 42 being a separate game, how featured is it going to be? Is it a solo experience with a handful worth of missions? or whole separate game? although that would be a bit odd. It does make me worry how big SC is getting.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Squadron 42 will be more like a Wing Commander and what the original Kickstarter was about. I expect it to be cheesy Hollywood style space game just like WC were. Lots of backers are waiting for Squadron 42 instead of Star Citizen.
There will be some sort of integration between SQ42 and Star Citizen. If I remember right you are able to continue with the same character in Star Citizen and if the performance has been great you will get a "better" ship as well (compared to starter ships).

Picture

Star Citizen will be a MMO or FPU (First Person Universe) as they call it. It's much more complex because there is multiplayer, economics, etc. included.

I'm personally not hugely excited about SQ42 but I will definitely play it (I bought SQ42 + Star Citizen for 45€). It could be fun to play some WC style game after so long time.

I guess you have not yet thought what kind of character you are going to play in Star Citizen..?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

To be frank, I don't know enough about it to decided on what type of character I want to play or even that you had a choice. I thought it was like Elite in that you can do whatever you want (being classless). I got lucky apparently and got everything for free + some ship with that AMD bundle when it was first announced. Just waiting on it to be released to play it. I logged in once to look at the ship in the hanger and that was it. Didn't even take it out for a spin because the insurance system was very unclear. Sources said if you destroy your ship that is it. Haven't even looked at the game since.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

To be frank, I don't know enough about it to decided on what type of character I want to play or even that you had a choice. I thought it was like Elite in that you can do whatever you want (being classless).
- Sinxar

The characters are classless and based on players skills.

I was thinking more like RPG in mind. There are plenty of ways to play the game and for example I was planning play the game without a ship at the beginning and work as a ship repairer and do mercenary gigs in space and on planets (FPS); protect cargo/information/ships (boarding), protect space stations, take part of attacking pirate bases, etc.

I got lucky apparently and got everything for free + some ship with that AMD bundle when it was first announced.
- Sinxar

That sounds great. The ship is most likely a starter ship; Aurora or Mustang.

Just waiting on it to be released to play it.
- Sinxar

Not a bad idea. At the moment the purpose of playing the game is to give feedback to CIG and file bug reports. Playing the game can be boring and frustrating because of bugs and missing features.

Didn't even take it out for a spin because the insurance system was very unclear. Sources said if you destroy your ship that is it. Haven't even looked at the game since.
- Sinxar

At the moment there is no fear of losing a ship because the insurance system is not implemented yet. I don't believe they will enable the insurance before the game has been released.

You never lose a ships that has Lifetime Insurance (LTI) but otherwise you have to buy and keep the insurance running.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Ok thats good to know. I was under the impression that if I forgot insurance I would have lost that special ship (in the current state, not final game). I think I told you about that free game thing before, maybe even in this thread heh. I don't remember.

I just looked it up and it is indeed the AMD branded Mustang. Found a commercial for it, im sure you seen it already though.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

I think I told you about that free game thing before, maybe even in this thread heh. I don't remember.
- Sinxar

Heh, most likely Smile. My memory is not the best especially when I do multitasking.

I just looked it up and it is indeed the AMD branded Mustang. Found a commercial for it, im sure you seen it already though.

- Sinxar

Btw. Mustang should get an upgrade at some point just like Aurora does:
exterior: http://imgur.com/gallery/Kh1ql
interior: http://imgur.com/a/IVQKq

Unfortunately both starter ships are more or less broken at the moment and Mustang even more so.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.