Update universe data

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Update universe data

dalmar72

dalmar72 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Roguey,

First, thanks for setting this up, it seems very cool. Second how can we update universe data, I have been flying around Mokosh, lt 15449, v775, v774 etc, and the systems are listed, but I can't figure out how to add the system description or trade data. I would like to help out if I can. thanks
Dalmar

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there Dalmar, welcome to the site Wave

its always nice to see people willing to help. My ED system works around the universe section, where systems can be updated or added (if not already present). Once a system is present in the database, then system-objects can be added to them. ie. suns, planets, stations etc.

System-objects can have flags such as trade, out-fitting etc. to allow for detailed information. ie. station A, in system XYZ, sell ABC for 123cr.

It does sound like I need to write a help guide for the section sometime.

Anyway, hopefully that's helped somewhat.

dalmar72

dalmar72 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks Roguey, what I would like to do though, I can't figure it out. The Systems that I am familiar with, Mokosh, v775 Herculi etc are in the universe so I can't add them, but there I cannot find an edit button to fill in the blanks as it were, population, government, station names etc. they are all blank. There is no edit details link, or add objects button like some of the newest systems.

Thanks

dalmar

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Woh, thanks for telling me. A few days ago I switched one of the pages to use caching. At its generation, it made a decision to whether to include editing options depending if the person was logged in or not. However if the person who visited the page first wasnt logged in, then the links werent added. This has now been fixed, as the cache version takes this into a account, and add/removes the links depending on who is viewing the page. Hopefully its working for you now?

that one was a bit of complex one to fix, but im glad it is now!

dalmar72

dalmar72 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Ok that seems to work.... mostly Smile
I have been able to add the details/description, but when I try to add objects, I get

Sorry, there was a database error..You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''black_market', `outfit`, `shipyard`, `object_pic`) VALUES ('mokosh', 'sun', 'mo' at line 1

I was trying to ass the Sun, mad no other changes to the drop downs

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there dalmar, I guess you were trying to add a system-object and got that error?

I noticed that a field was missing in the SQL line, so hopefully thats it Smile

If you notice any-more errors, please could you let me know which page or url? thanks

dalmar72

dalmar72 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

yes trying to add system objects, ie sun, planets, stations.

http://roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/universe/mokosh/add_system_object.php

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

thanks for letting me know which page has the problem. After much looking, it appeared that I had the wrong comas in the sql statement;

'black_market', `outfit`

black_market should of been surrounded with the same comas as outfit. It should now be working, sorry for the delay.

Tubbywook

Tubbywook avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I found a station that sells Battle Weapons (Watts Dock in Pinouphis - Sell:6068 Buy:6155 High Supply) but that item isn't in your list of Goods.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

thanks for letting me know, battle weapons have now been added to the list Smile

roshiel

roshiel avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 9 years ago.

when editing systems or objects in a system, any saved description will not be displayed in the desc box
also adding empty star systems, i would like to have a none for economy and 0 for population

and since eliteocr is making my life easier, could you add support for csv or eddn?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there @roshiel,

In edit system-objects, I noticed that I had the wrong variable. So the saved description wasnt being displayed, that is now fixed. However system edit seemed okay?

as for no economy, that's been added now. Although do we need a zero population option? I could add if its required.

and for eliteocr, I didnt realize there were CSV exporters. If you could send me some of its output, then I could code something to support it. Are a lot of people using it?

roshiel

roshiel avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

right, system edit works.

System;Station;Commodity;Sell;Buy;Demand;;Supply;;Date;
Delta Phoenicis;Trading Post;Hydrogen Fuel;89;94;;;111318;High;2015-01-19T20:32:34+00:00;
Delta Phoenicis;Trading Post;Mineral Oil;106;119;;;47444;Med;2015-01-19T20:32:34+00:00;
etc
thats what eliteocr csv looks like, supported by slopeys bpc, eddn for example

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks for letting me know. Today I downloaded EliteOCR and tried it with a few examples. I can see why people would want to use it - saves a lot of typing.

I have now added support for CSV importing (found here). Hopefully it all works okay, as it checks the data against the site's own databases.

roshiel

roshiel avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

that was fast, thanks.

Agri-Medicines not found in site's XML file, so skipped.
Microbial Furnaces not found in site's XML file, so skipped.
found something that needs tweaking Wink

and not related to this thread, but before i open another one, i hit an error going to a ship page and clicking "where to buy"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function doUBBC() in /home/roguey/public_html/elite-dangerous/ships/ship_header.php on line 23

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

that was fast, thanks.
- roshiel

No problem Smile

Agri-Medicines not found in site's XML file, so skipped.
Microbial Furnaces not found in site's XML file, so skipped.
- roshiel

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I basically I had a few misspellings - which didnt matter before. However now they need to be correct, to match otherwise the site doesnt recognize them.

and not related to this thread, but before i open another one, i hit an error going to a ship page and clicking "where to buy"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function doUBBC() in /home/roguey/public_html/elite-dangerous/ships/ship_header.php on line 23
- roshiel

Once again, thanks for letting me know. The issues should be fixed now.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.