Unable to edit some stations/outposts

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Unable to edit some stations/outposts

Zaitzev

Zaitzev avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

As I am flying around various systems, I always try to update the database with the latest information. However, I noticed that I am unable to edit some of the stations and outposts. The Edit-button simply doesn't open the editor fields like usual.

Edit: This seems to be the case for stations that have empty info, not having been updated/added in a long, long time.

Edit 2: As an example, a system and outpost that is affected, is HIP 44387 -> McArthur Platform

Also, I wouldn't mind if there was a way to manually input a list of factions, as the amount is too big for one guy to manually add in, occasionally.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, thank-you for updating the database, its greatly appreciated.

I recently made some changes to outfit tab. If a station didnt have outfit enabled, then it would cause a problem. This should now be fixed.

Zaitzev

Zaitzev avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I just landed on an outpost that lacked info (empty trade page), but after updating with EDMC it doesn't appear on the trade page.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Zaitzev which outpost did you try and update with EDMC?

Zaitzev

Zaitzev avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

LP 101-377 » Glidden Landing

Edit: To clarify, EDMC has been working on any station that already has info (content gets updated), and previously it even SOMETIMES has added info to empty pages, although this is more of an exception than a rule.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

hmm... looks like it imported correctly but another of them outfit bugs. After a few changes, all the prices appeared Smile

Zaitzev

Zaitzev avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I did notice that, prior to updating an empty station, the Trade selector was not there, but after the update, it appears, even if there is no content. I don't know the code routines, but it might have been just a backlog of data. Glad to see it working fine. Smile

To the other thing I talked about: Would it be possible for you to change the faction field to be editable? One could of course give you a long list of newly discovered factions, and you then add it, but that means someone has to go through all those stations once over to add them. It seems a bit inefficient.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

Well I had a few other problems that I sorted last night with EDDN import. However it seem to be okay now.

As for the faction field, I made it an id because I thought it may stop people trying in slightly different names but as you said, if its limiting what can be added then its not a good thing. I have now changed the id to a standard edit box now.

BootsMcGuinnea

BootsMcGuinnea avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

Speaking of edits to station info, I recently sold a BUNCH at a nice gain, so I'm not complaining, but there were also some info that just was not right at all and ended up losing.

My question is, since I am assuming this portion of the site is meant for PC version, does the XboxOne version on the frontier server completely coincide with the PC version markets? If so, as an XboxOne user, would I be welcome to make edits for prices, or would the site be better served by posting suggestions on a forum topic? If so, can you please provide a link to said topic?

On a side note, looking to join a trading wing, and I haven't had the chance to look thru all the ED forums yet... Do you have such a space for XboxOne users to link up?

BootsMcGuinnea

BootsMcGuinnea avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

Current sell price palladium, Kaukamine, Vinci Sta., 14315 XboxOne. Current list on site, about 200cr lower.

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 8 years ago.

Speaking of edits to station info, I recently sold a BUNCH at a nice gain, so I'm not complaining, but there were also some info that just was not right at all and ended up losing.

My question is, since I am assuming this portion of the site is meant for PC version, does the XboxOne version on the frontier server completely coincide with the PC version markets? If so, as an XboxOne user, would I be welcome to make edits for prices, or would the site be better served by posting suggestions on a forum topic? If so, can you please provide a link to said topic?

On a side note, looking to join a trading wing, and I haven't had the chance to look thru all the ED forums yet... Do you have such a space for XboxOne users to link up?
- BootsMcGuinnea

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Hang on Boots you have some out of date info about Xbox users - I have played E&D and used this site since the first days of the preview. Sure we were on our own test server etc which changed many times but although there are some differences in that PC are now on the 1.5 Beata - and will get Horizons first etc but the background universe is shared - we see the same stations / prices etc. I belong to a large group of over 80 members (and we are always looking to help other Xbox players) we are very active in PP and the BGS and trust me we make a big difference to "the PC" universe. By the way one of our guys got his Elite rank via trading and knows a hell of a lot about it.

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

Well I had a few other problems that I sorted last night with EDDN import. However it seem to be okay now.

As for the faction field, I made it an id because I thought it may stop people trying in slightly different names but as you said, if its limiting what can be added then its not a good thing. I have now changed the id to a standard edit box now.
- Roguey

On the site there is a faction list but this is so out of date its not worth looking at - however you are not alone and I have failed to find a decent online list - I am very active updating system info and recently started putting the factions in more although of course they do change- are you able to update your list then we would have a source that would give us the correct name that may help to avoid incorrect spellings etc - but is there no way the station field can but updated via an import at your end?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Yea, I know I need to do something with the faction list - as you said its old now. Ill have to look into it in the next few days and see what I can do with it.

[update] New faction pages

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Faction update is great- thanks

You need to log-in to post here.