key and mouse/controllers and joysticks setups?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » key and mouse/controllers and joysticks setups?

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hi guys,i was just wondering on what people are using for elite dangerous controls,weather its mouse and key board are game pad controllers are joy sticks?The resin i'm asking is i have a game controller and joystick and i have not found what is good for me and the videos i watch on youtube of commanders flying seems sooo smooth and not choppy.Let me know on some of your configure. Thanks

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

M/KB. When it was released I was looking into a HOTAS setup, X52 to be exact. Sadly I was outbid on Ebay for the one I wanted. In hindsight i'm glad I was because it's a large investment for something that I would only ever use in one game. I haven't owned a console since Xbox (still miss playing Ninja Gaiden and Morrowind). I am exclusively a PC gamer so M/KB is much more natural for me and I have high quality peripherals because of this. Oh BTW I recently found out most modern games are in surround sound. Just now got a 5.1 system and Elite is nice with it. Love hearing my Asp's engines roar to life behind me, great feeling if you never heard it Smile.

My brother uses an Xbox 360 controller and he says it works for him. I don't like how it feels but to each his own.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

Thanks for that Sinxar,i play PS4 quite abite and like you said my controller just does not feel right for some resin on ED,just played with the joystick i have (attack3 joystick)and its OLD and it wont calibrate any more lol so its a little screwed up.Back to the M/KB i think. Thanks for your input

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

Myself, I use a xbox-360 controller with the keyboard. I find the two sticks useful (for controlling yaw, roll, pitch), and the keyboard is useful for the extra bindings you need (the controller doesnt have enough buttons). Im more used to a controller because of consoles etc.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

Thanks Roguey,i was curious what you were using,but it looks like im down with mouse and key board for now.

j0lt

j0lt avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

I use the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Picture

konstunner

konstunner avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

I use the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
- j0lt

That's what I use as well.
I recommend it, as it is the best bang for one's buck.
It's only about $45 if bought online.
I'm left-handed, and it still works well for me.
But I also use a keyboard and mouse. I use the mouse for headlook, and left-alt to reset headlook. J is for supercuise/hyperdrive and to drop out when there's a destination lock, etc. A lot of people, I believe, use a combo of both kb/m and joystick. I highly recommend the thrustmasater t-flight hotas x. Like I said, you can't go wrong. It's also sturdy, as I've actually thrown it before (long story) and it did not break at all. Fly safe!

You need to log-in to post here.