Editing TFiles

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Editing TFiles

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

you want there to be multiple warheads where each element targets a separate object?
- Miles

Yes, how?

Please guys, note the similarity (in both name and function) between the Hurricane and the Cyclone, the Hurricane effects a large area due to its large blast radius while the Cyclone achieves that by splitting into multiple warheads and each element lock-on to a separate target so the Cyclone has an influence over even larger area. Know what I'm saying? Roll eyes

ps. thank you Roguey and thank you Miles for helping me. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. does the Cyclone missile do that? its been awhile since ive looked at missiles in X3AP. Im guess that missile must use different AI if so.

also, np for the help.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

does the Cyclone missile do that?

It doesn't, but it's supposed to do that (and I want it to do that). I've already said that here.

Im guess that missile must use different AI if so.

Yes, I think that't why the vanilla Cyclone doesn't behave correctly (and that's why the Blizzard has been removed), it behaves just like a single warhead and, even worse, with low damage. This is not a true Cyclone! and I wanted to fix that, not only for the Cyclone but also for some other advanced missiles like a new Kha'ak missile I'm working on! Sad

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

OK... Never mind that problem... I'll find a solution somehow! Confused

But here is another thing, for TBullets, what's the 'Rapid Box - width', '... - length' and '... - height'? Confused

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

i think the rapid box has to do with the bullets/missiles hit box. something like that any way!!

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. might be. Although some of the values in those files have been left in from older x-games. Take the laser energy, which is no longer used but still in tlasers.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah I think you're right Miles, and you Roguey have already answered a question I was about to ask regarding the laser energy! and you said the laser energy is no longer used.

Thank you guys, and cheers. Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

For TShips, I added a new ship in the list but when I started the game to see that new ship, I noticed weird behavior of the game (like the space suit became very fast!), then I closed the game and put my ship in the last order in the list and this time the game returned OK.

What's I don't know about TShips? Is the order of the ships, in the list, significant? i.e Do I have to put my new ships at the end of the list?! I thought only the ID is what's significant! Confused

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well its always best to tag onto the end of tships - if you are simply adding ships to the existing game. If you are making a full conversion of the game, then you will probably have to change a lot of scripts to match up.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes I'm making a full conversion of the game, that's what is taking much time!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sounds interesting, is it a mod based on something? or a completely original idea?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, here is a very small briefing on what's I'm going to do:

First, since I'm on my own (but with your help Smile), I'm not 100% sure of how much time it could take to finish this mod, especially that I don't have much spare time (and worse, I maybe offline for a while Sad). I know I should have started working on it a few months ago but I wasn't planning on it until just few days ago, because I was looking forward to X Rebirth. But now I'm looking forward to something else, X4 maybe Nod

OK... The main purpose is to improve the Physics (or more precisely, Simulation) using the same X3 engine, so it's still as simple as just editing TFiles and so, you know. Not much new content but much improved game-play instead, I'll rework the missiles, lasers (adding beam lasers), ships, factories... etc and will add some new sound effects particularly so for missile explosions, lol I like explosions. Nod

Will also try to improve the Terran Race, by adding the Fusion Beam Cannon and new Terran Missiles (the missiles aren't completely new though, I'll just move the excessive commonwealth missiles to be of Terran origin like the Beluga and Hammerhead) and adding new Terran factories for the new technologies, and adding some new sectors and replacing the models for some Terran massive stations.

Will make the mod based on some scripts like 'Improved Kha'ak' to bring the Kha'ak back to the game, and I'll create a new Delta Kyon Emitter and a new Kha'ak heavy missile to make the khaak more dangerous, and some new Kha'ak ships.

And if I still have time, then I may also improve the Xenon, Pirates, Yaki and Goners likewise.

Furthermore, I should add some new plots and/or missions, but at least the TC and AP plots should be available based on the 'TC for AP Plots' mod.

But after all, this is just the plan. Whether I'll manage to achieave that or not, is a different story. Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sounds like an ambitious plan, although I cant blame you after whats happened to XR. The X3 engine offers a lot of choice for modding.

With the physics, I guess youre be looking at adjusting speeds too? either to speed-up the game or slow it down?

if you do plan to improve the Terran, I suggest you make them fire a bit quicker, geez their weapons are slow Smile

I do agree it was a shame to see the Khaak disappear. In the UFJD script I brought them back as random spawns. Maybe this might be a way of adding them without changing the universe, unless you plan to do that.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

With the physics, I guess youre be looking at adjusting speeds too? either to speed-up the game or slow it down?

Well by improving simulation, I mean making the game more realistic and, in the same time, more playable. For example, I'll make fighters a bit faster, and corvettes a bit more maneuverable.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Man, it's not that easy! Thought I'd do that faster but still editing things, not sure when will I finish the mod! To give you an idea of the progress I'm making, I've finished only the missiles and shields (and some of the ships) and now working on lasers and later will be working on ships.

Also setting new prices for everything, this consumes extra time!

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.