Editing TFiles

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Editing TFiles

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi, I want to make a small mod for personal use and I need some help:

For the TMissiles:
- What do the flags 'Firestorm' and 'Heatseeker' do?
- Why no missile in the list use the flag 'Multi-warhead', some do use the 'Fragmentation' flag though (which means swarm) but what does Multi-warhead do?
-How to find the icons for various missiles?

I want to add new missiles (not just editing existing ones), that's why I'm asking. Thanks. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think some of the missile flags are just doubling up to be honest, or they are just dummy entries. The best way is to try them and see what they do.

as for the icons, I think thats done with IconData but I think each icon is like cut-out of a large image (dds\gui_master i think).

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

OK I found the file for laser and missile icons, interface_icons_XT_diff.dds, thanks.

So also what do the flags 'Flak' and 'Charged weapon', for the TBullets file, do? I'm surprised how does a weapon like MAM Launcher or PSP has the 'Flak' flag. Confused

ps. I tried the ES Forum and no one helped me yet, but you do. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I know charged weapon means you can hold the fire button to increase the bullet damage. Try using an PPC, if you hold down the button you can release a giant PPC. as for flak, im not sure off the top-of-my head.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Man, I have more questions:
- There are two 'Price modifiers' and two 'Relative values' in TFiles, what are those and how to specify a price? what formula used to calculate prices? Cuckoo
- I know how to configure the 'Launch', 'Ambient' and 'Explosion sounds' but what are the min and max 'Sound volumes' for? for what sound exactly?

Please someone help, testing is not enough!, I can't get results for everything. Dizzy Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

There are two 'Price modifiers' and two 'Relative values' in TFiles, what are those and how to specify a price? what formula used to calculate prices?
- Raptor

This should help - Price modifier?

basically how much a ware can fluctuate, depending on primary (1) or secondary wares (2).

I know how to configure the 'Launch', 'Ambient' and 'Explosion sounds' but what are the min and max 'Sound volumes' for? for what sound exactly?
- Raptor

If youre talking about the ones inside the type files (like in tbullets etc.), I think they are just old values left over (0 would mean no sound, whilst 255 would be max). However since X3 (i think), sounds have been defined in types/sounds - which give you much greater control over the sound. In types\sounds you can define how its played, how quickly the sound disappears etc.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Your replies are helpful Roguey, thanks again. Smile

Well, now that I have almost finished the missiles and I've got awful sound effects for them, launch and explosion sounds that will shake the x-verse, Oh yea Nod. Now to test them. Driving

What is taking time is that I'm doing my best to make them as much realistic as possible, and I'll do that for lasers and other stuff too. I'll update when I've more questions... see you later Smile

And Happy New Year, everybody. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

lol, yea - the worse thing about making mods is the testing. You end up spending ages adjusting something, to see how it effects things/looks.

happy new year

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey again, here comes another question, please help: Smile

- How to define new SG_MISSILE_ subtypes for TMissiles? Is it safe to just enter a new string that would be recognized as a new SG_MISSILE_ subtype, or there is another way to do that?

I have to know how because missile compatibilities with various ships are based on those subtypes, and I want strict compatiblities. For example, I want to make an M4 to have the SG_MISSILE_LIGHT missiles and some, not all, of the SG_MISSILE_DMBF ones. Yes it matters to me, especially for bigger ships. So I want to make the 300+ ships more unique and more realistic. Smile

[Edit]The same question in other words, how to add/remove a single missile to/from a subtype in the list of compatible missiles for TShips?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I dont think you can add new missile subtypes to be honest, I think those values are hard-coded. ie SG_MISSILE_HEAVY as a value of 32 (if this was defined in the types folder, then you could add new subtypes). You can of-course add/remove any missile from any of the subtypes (by toggling the bit). Im pretty sure egosoft used a 16bit long number although.

//all ships that can fire missiles can fire Mosquito's
$group_search = "'SG_MISSILE_COUNTER'";                            //bit 14

if ($missile_type & 1 )        $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_LIGHT'";            //bit 0
if ($missile_type & 2 )        $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_MEDIUM'";            //bit 1
if ($missile_type & 4 )        $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_HEAVY'";            //bit 2
if ($missile_type & 8 )        $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_TR_LIGHT'";        //bit 3
if ($missile_type & 16 )        $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_TR_MEDIUM'";        //bit 4
if ($missile_type & 32 )        $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_TR_HEAVY'";        //bit 5
if ($missile_type & 64 )        $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_KHAAK'";            //bit 6
if ($missile_type & 128 )    $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_BOMBER'";            //bit 7
if ($missile_type & 256 )    $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_TORP_CAPITAL'";        //bit 8
if ($missile_type & 512 )    $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_AF_CAPITAL'";        //bit 9
if ($missile_type & 1024 )    $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_TR_BOMBER'";        //bit 10
if ($missile_type & 2048 )    $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_TR_AF_CAPITAL'";        //bit 11
if ($missile_type & 4096 )    $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_TR_TORP_CAPITAL'";    //bit 12
if ($missile_type & 8192 )    $group_search .= "'SG_MISSILE_BOARDINGPOD'";        //bit 13

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well then I'll have to find another solution to get around adding new subtypes. Still, at least, I can change the subtype for missiles. For example, I would make the Hammerhead Missile _HEAVY rather than _MEDIUM. Good day/night. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

yea, you can move the missiles around as much as you like. You could equally change what which subtype does - like LIGHT could be a heatseekers or so. Although you will need to keep them same bitmask, ie. 8 must mean SG_MISSILE_TR_LIGHT.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I want the Cyclone missile to behave exactly like what the description says.

I don't mean [Swarm + Automatic Target Acquisition], I mean [Multi-Warhead + Multi-Target Lock-On's] instead. Please help me. Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hi, you want each warhead to lock-on to the same target? like a flail missile?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

No, I want the missile to split into multiple warheads, and each warhead to lock-on to a different target, not the same target. Like what the Cyclone Missile (and the removed Blizzard Missile) should do. Smile

I already know that the vanilla Cyclone Missile does not behave as what it supposed to do, but I want to achieve multi-target lock-on by any means necessary! and when I do that, I will add the Blizzard back in and will also add a new Kha'ak heavy missile that uses the same technology! Nod

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

i think thats what a flail missile does, so to reiterate: you want there to be multiple warehads where each element targets a separate object?

edit: thats not what the flail missile does :P sorry missread

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.