Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

If there was such a thing, what you would like to see in it Smile

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

i would like to see the Kha'ck (SP?) Back and make it so u can Cap/Board there ships

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I would love to see some plots. The kind where any race/rep can do them much like the treasure hunt plot in TC. Thats the one thing that is really holding me back from enjoying AP, the complete lack of content.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

i would like to see the Khack (SP?) Back and make it so u can Cap/Board there ships
- JackKiller2266

Ive kind-of done that already Smile

I would love to see some plots.
- Sinxar

Well I dont get on that well with the MD however I wonder if its possible to add the ones back from X3TC.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

How about the ability for players to claim 'unknown sectors'?

Once the player builds a Trading Station or a Complex, or some other trigger (besides just finding/transiting it), you get the option to name the sector from "Unknown Sector.
Either to pick a name from an existing list, or make-up a name for your new sector.

edit: the 'name change' should show up on the player's in-game map
edit 2: if the player looses the sector--by attack and/or loose of 'trigger(s)', then it reverts back to 'unknown'

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@cjm3fl i like your idea of clamming the unknown sectors,and have a plot to find the true Kaa'ck (Damn i suck at spelling lol) homeworld

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I like the idea too, but from what I understand of modding (not much) that'd mean making the UFJD sectors a permanent fixture in the X universe, which would require the universe map to be changed/updated every time you claim one. If that's even possible it would eventually put a huge drain on your system.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm just talking bout those 'Unknown Sectors' that already appear on the map, not those visited by UFJD.
If naming sectors was possible...leave the UFJD sectors as they are. You've got to keep some things a mystery!

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

What I think ill do is release my mod to the UFJD as a small mini-mod. What ive done to UFJD sectors:

[*] Removed secret tag off rudder tunings (so can be found without a satellite now),
    [*] Crate spawn area reduced - so longer 100's km away, either X, Y or Z (so easier to find with less travelling, so less boring),
    [*] Change tunings amounts, in vanilla if you were luckly enough to find a box you would only get 1 tuning. Now random between 1 to 4,
    [*] Massively expanded choice of items to find, including: weapons, lasers (including the repair laser), missiles, food etc.
    [*] Increased Xenon spawns, and Khaak spawns (for more danger),
    [*] Free ships to find, from common ships to unique (loads to pick from including M1, M2, M6, M7 etc.),

I guess it should be X3TC compatible too, since it will be a single xml edit. However since it wont be signed, you will get a modified tag when using the mini-mod unfortunately.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

for the free ships is the UFO in that list because i want 1

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

[*] Massively expanded choice of items to find, including: weapons, lasers (including the repair laser), missiles, food etc.
- Roguey

A way to finally arm my split ships with phased array laser cannons? Yes please :3

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Maybe a universal bay adapter at a big price, so you can install all lasers and/or missiles on one ship or ship class, greatly expanding the choice of personal ships.
I suppose the possibility of an extra turret has to great an impact in the game.
Generator boost?
Possibly rudder and engine upgrades in one crate, (Ships that go faster but cannot turn in time = "kabooooom"
Ship class upgrades ?
Intelligent turrets (like MARS, SMARTTURRET, etc)

Well, I know all this is easy said, not easy done. I did a lot of modding programming for other games so if needed I will work myself into x3ap, so I can help out a bit, if needed.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Many of them ideas arent possible with x-games, such as an extra turret or generator boost as they are defined in a types files and there's no way to change them during the game (im pretty sure scripting cant add/change them).

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

A boost meter like the one X:BTF, so it just eats away at your shields but makes you go faster, preferably without using energy cells like some mods do, losing your shields is already bad enough..

I will be the one to take you down!

You need to log-in to post here.