Roguey's UFJD Mod

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Roguey's UFJD Mod

Doomsday

Doomsday avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes sir. Smile And I changed the dat/cat files like you stated. I'm gonna go give it another try...brb with results.

ps...im trying it on an existing saved game. I don't need to start from scratch to see the MOD at work right?

Thanks again.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. I shouldnt think X3AP/TC caches the modified files into the save, so it shouldnt need a restart.

firestorm79

firestorm79 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Wow, this is one of the few mods I'd be willing to go ***modified*** for!

Doomsday

Doomsday avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm back....and after around 100 tries still the same results. Guess it doesn't work with the BSG Mod or I am doing something to not make it work.

Doomsday

Doomsday avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Doing a restart to test it once again. lol. I wonder...in the BSG mod the Aran is replaced by two other ships...might this be the main issue?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

well I cant really comment on another mod (because I dont know how its made).. it could be that the changes I made are being overwritten by the mod. Or even the ships that I selected dont exist any-more.

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

i put the 2 files under the mods folder and nothing happens(i dont got the select mods package highlighted any hints?

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

are you putting the files into x3tc\mods\ or x3tc\addon\mods\ ? as x3tc\mods\ will only been seem in X3TC.

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

i tested on both of them got nothing.. will try again soon

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

btw, sometimes when i use the ufjd i got some softwares to be destroyed the moment i enter the random system... is that a bug or something?

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

btw, sometimes when i use the ufjd i got some softwares to be destroyed the moment i enter the random system... is that a bug or something?
- kritikosk8

That is normal. Egosoft Interactive FAQ: Things to know about the unfocussed jumpdrive

Bobthefarmer1

Bobthefarmer1 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Can this mod be used with Cycrow's mod manager? as in just add the zip file and have it work?

TrogloGeek

TrogloGeek avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi Roguey,

thanks alot about this mod! UFJD are so useless without it. (not true, I know, just boaring)

I wanted learn about the chance factors and know how it worked, so I tried to learn using X3 Editor 2 and compared X3AP Vanilla 3.1 with and without your mod.

It seems that they introduced new things in this XML in 3.1 that may lack in yours:

------

- Things about a Terran Miner I can't understand
cue name="IceMinerPatch" check="cancel"
condition
check_age value="{player.age}" min="40s"/
/condition
action
do_all
find_ship group="this.miner" multiple="1" includedocked="1" race="terran" typename="SS_SH_USC_TL_MINING"
sector x="10" y="1"/
jumps min="0" max="50"/
/find_ship
do_all exact="{group.object.count@this.miner}" counter="miner"
do_if value="{object.job@{group.object.{counter@miner}@this.miner}}" exact="300"
set_object name="this.Iceminer{counter@miner}" group="this.IceminerGroup" value="{group.object.{counter@miner}@this.miner}"/
/do_if
/do_all
destroy_group group="this.IceminerGroup" warp="1"/
remove_group group="this.miner"/
/do_all
/action
/cue

------

- More important (I think), something about Shady Business plot
cue name="Shady Business UFJD" instantiate="static"
condition
check_all
object_changed_sector/
check_value value="{player.sector}" exact="{sector@UFJD Sector}"/
check_value value="{value@Shady Business Enabled}" exact="1"/
/check_all
/condition
timing
time exact="100"/
/timing
action
do_all
load_map file="APCP_ufjd"/
alter_sector background="SS_BG_81"/
/do_all
/action
/cue
and other pieces scattered, this one:
cue name="UFJD Generation" instantiate="static"
condition
check_all
object_changed_sector/
check_value value="{player.sector}" exact="{sector@UFJD Sector}"/
check_value value="{value@Shady Business Enabled}" exact="1" negate="1"/
/check_all
makes me think that your mod may prevent us from finishing this plot?

------

Ayyway, I did merge your file with Vanilla 3.1 one, only keeping the removal of random piece of equipement destroyed in player ship when using UFJD and the new do_any children in UFJD UFJD Generation (the ones with crates, xenon, khaaks and free ships).
I looked for awhile to it and ended splitting the chances of more enemies spawn and *gifts* spawns (crates, free ships) in two different do_any tags and highered chances of interesting loots: now I am more likely to see tunnings floating in space, but they may as well be defended by heavy fleets ;-).

I've found it funnier that way, if you'd like to see my XML I'll provide it with pleasure.

Also, I've found a cargo optimisation, picked it up with an M6+ and it did not overtunned cargo space (which was maxed), can't cargo be overtuned ?

TrogloGeek

TrogloGeek avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Can this mod be used with Cycrow's mod manager? as in just add the zip file and have it work?
- Bobthefarmer1

@Bobthefarmer1
Hi, I had also troubles to get it to work with Cycrow's mod manager, in fact, you just have to add an identical two digits number in front of the .cat/.dat files in the archive before to import it with Cycrow's mod manager.
I did following renaming in the archive:
"Roguey-UFJD.cat" => "01 Roguey-UFJD.cat"
"Roguey-UFJD.dat" => "01 Roguey-UFJD.dat"
and it worked with the mod manager after that.

@Roguey: seems to be a good idea to do it in the archive file that can be downloaded from your site to make it compatible with mod manager, don't you think so?

(english is my second language, so sorry if anything was disrespectful)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I have now added support for v3.0 directly into the mod.

@TrogloGeek youre english is fine, although I dont know much about modmanager. The mod was aimed to be a quick 'n easy install, but if a simple rename does the trick, then its not too bad Smile

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.