Roguey's UFJD Mod

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Roguey's UFJD Mod

TrogloGeek

TrogloGeek avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

np, giving feedbacks is the least to be expected when using interesting free stuff from someone, don't you think? Just don't take anything from me as truth, as I did not tried to modify X3TC by myself before yesterday.

I don't know much either about Mod Manager, I just use it, and when I saw that it seemed not to accept your archive I compared with other mods archive that where accepted and that used fake patch format: the only differences seemed to be the numbers in front of the name, it seems that it allows Mod Manager to guess that .cat/.dat files are to be applied as fake patch.

Also, editing this XML made me want to randomly create *special UFJD* sector once and then with scripted events to make missions with interesting rewards, for example we may find an abandoned TL guarded by heavy Kha'ak fleet (which made the TL pilot to bail), the TL having for exemple a random non-buyable station (HQ, IBL, ...) in cargo bay :-D, or a set of fully fitted Kha'ak abandoned ships in it (was that a suicide mission?). I'd like to use popup messages in it to give clues about what you just found in UFJD (for exemple, when a free ship to board is generated, I feel like our ship computer could say something like "Your unfocused jump has been affected by a nearby gravitational anomaly which also affects your radar. There are some sensor readings leading to think that an out of order capital ship is lying around, but it's position cannot be triangulated". So I'm looking for documentation about:
- director XML language
- ships/wares consts
Do you have interesting links you would share?

Anyway, thanks!

firestorm79

firestorm79 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

is this mod compatible with XRM by any chance?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

is this mod compatible with XRM by any chance?
- firestorm79

Cant see why not.

So I'm looking for documentation about:
- director XML language
- ships/wares consts
Do you have interesting links you would share?

Anyway, thanks!
- TrogloGeek

There is alot which can be done with editing, from adding new stuff to changing things. It really depends on your imagination and how much time you got to do. Sure you could script something to happen in a UFJD area, my mod was to just to quick tempt to make them slightly more interesting. I did submit it for v3.0 although it got ejected unfortunately.

as for the mission director (MD) I havnt written any missions in it. I used to write missions in the in-game scripting language, and after the MD was introduced I was wary of learning how to code in the MD. At first MD looks more confusing, its just nested commands (and gets easier). Probably the best place for information on it would be the official forums, there is bound to be a few helpful threads there.

TrogloGeek

TrogloGeek avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Okay, Ive found a few interesting links on Egosoft forums, but it seems like there is no real (un)official documentation, it's very *try and learn*. Anyway as a developer I'm kinda used to it, but I like a good documentation ^^.

Do you agree with you mod being used as a starting base for another mod?
If yes, would you expect/like anything more than the usual "based on [...] by [...] http://.../" reference?

firestorm79

firestorm79 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

How do I know this mod is working? I've seen an Aadvanced khaak destroyer and on another jump some maja snails... So I guess it is working! !

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Do you agree with you mod being used as a starting base for another mod?
- TrogloGeek

Feel free to develop on the mod, its not exactly a big mod that I spent tons of time to develop. A link back would be nice, but isnt required.

How do I know this mod is working? I've seen an Aadvanced khaak destroyer and on another jump some maja snails... So I guess it is working! !
- firestorm79

Well must be working Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi,... two questions, please:

Do I need to start a new game for this mod to work properly, or there should be no problem to use it with save-games?

Do the wares that could be found include Kha'ak lasers & missiles and also weapons like PALCs & PlasmaBCs?

Thanks Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

no, you shouldnt need to restart for the mod to work,

and khaak stuff can be found as well.

Doomsday

Doomsday avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm back from a long vacation from the game. I'm planning on starting a new game with the newly updated BSG mod. I was wondering if anyone has tried this mod with that one...to see if it's working. I remember trying before the update and it wasn't working for me. Sad

Aithere

Aithere avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello,

I was wondering what happened to this mini-mod? The page doesn't exist as of this writing when I clicked on it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I was wondering what happened to this mini-mod? The page doesn't exist as of this writing when I clicked on it.
- Aithere

Hi there.. well, the mini-mod has been added to the larger mod. I thought having two mods maybe be confusing for some.

Aithere

Aithere avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Would you ever re-release the mini-mod separately by request?

Considering one is only for UFJD Sectors and the other is your Expansion/Total Conversion Mod, it shouldn't be too confusing. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Would you ever re-release the mini-mod separately by request?
- Aithere

Sorry for the delay, I have now updated the first post to contain the information on the mini-mod and a download link Smile

Aithere

Aithere avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you so much.

I'm one of those crazy people that avoids major overhaul mods and only put in quality-of-life improvement mods, so I really appreciate this.

A pity that Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude doesn't have a module system like Mount&Blade: Warband...

jaenis

jaenis avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Hey Roguey -

Sent your an email...also posting here. The link in the first post is dead. Can you re-upload or provide a working link?

'Preciate it.

Jaenis

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.