Timber and Stone AND/OR Castle Story

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Timber and Stone AND/OR Castle Story

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Heyo everyone!

Haven't forgotten about ya, but life is quite unpredictable for me right now (just got my first actual employment (no more student's work for me! Big grin )). While I was away from the forum, and internet connections for quite a while, I've developed a taste for "voxel-based" RTS-es. So I'm wondering if anyone else is playing one of these games:
Timber and Stone - http://www.timberandstonegame.com/ - Voxel based survival RTS, pretty close to minecraft, just WAAAY better :P
Castle Story - http://www.castlestory.net/ - Voxel based RTS with multiplayer support (in future edition). Cute graphics and seems like a fun gameplay.

So anyone playing one of these? Someone maybe got some experience with Castle Story (haven't bought it yet, but thinking about it)?

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

By "pretty close to minecraft" you mean the only thing in common is the art style?

I was looking at Castle Story last week but nether seem good enough for the cost (IMO). However I'm not really much of an RTS fan as I generally find singleplayer gets boring quick and online gameplay is all about who can press the buttons faster.

This doesn't qualify as an RTS its an action/adventure game but here is also Cube World.

Oh ya welcome back!

ed: another one I was looking at recently is Folk Tale. Its not voxel though check that out and see what you think.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hey NetHawk, where the heck have you been?! hopefully everything going well for you.

as for Voxel based games, well I still play is Red Alert2 every-so-often, and it still plays well.

as for those 2 games, I dont know much about them - sorry.

anyway, good to see youre around still Beer

You need to log-in to post here.