Your old consoles

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Your old consoles

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

I made a new topic for this, so what consoles have you used in the past and what's your best one?

myself: Master system (8 bit Sega), Mega drive (16 bit Sega, also known as Genesis), Snes (My first nintendo), N64, PS1/2/3.

Myself I think the PS2 was the best. My reason being that the amount of great games for it was unbelievable.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

Yeah PS2 is epic I still play it now, whenever I have a free time I either visit the sites that I'm working on or playing on my PS2, as for the Sega it doesn't work any more, it's 11 years old now but it was much fun playing it when it was released until the last two years.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I think the music on Sega's was more retro, probably because the music chip was more basic.

I like the graphic chip on the SNES, first time I saw fast scrolling, rotation, scaling - made for some great effects.

As for the PS2, That's hard to beat. It basically had everything apart from the net. I know it was added late, but I never thought it took off?

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Never late, I really can't belive it, many people are still buying the PS2 these days maybe because it's been there for a while!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Im not surprised the PS2 is still being brought. The new generation did have a lot of problems getting started, from prices to problems. We didnt even know if blu-ray was going to be successful against HD-DVD.

Awhile back, I remember reading a forum post (another site) about a mother taking her kid into a store to ask about the PS3. When she asked about the price, she apparently shouted "HOW MUCH" across the store. I could imagine that very easily.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Im not surprised the PS2 is still being brought. The new generation did have a lot of problems getting started, from prices to problems. We didnt even know if blu-ray was going to be successful against HD-DVD.
- Roguey

That's correct Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

started with, and played the crap out of the NES. main games were mario+duckhunt, Crystalis(one of the best RPG's ever!!!), ninja turtles(stupid hard, never did beat it) and maybe a few others but i can't remember.

from there i took a big jump onto the N64, another amazing console. i couldn't even tell you how many hours i spent on the zelda games. oh super mario world was pretty fun too. wave race LOL.

then i went over to the dark side and got a PS2, which i would agree with you all on saying it was the best. like you all said, there are just so many games to play on this system, it had qute a few somethings for everyone.

now i play my PS3 and PC games. i like the PS3, never had a problem with it. it get's kinda annoying when i go to play a game and it's like "NOPE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE FIRST." other than that though i love it.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I never really played the NES much - at the time I was Master-system user (its rival). You definitely took a big leap from a NES to a N64 - I remember when it came out at first, the N64 was like £300, and the games were like £60!

Zelda was brilliant on both the SNES (2D version) and the N64 (3D). I personally dont think they really pushed on the Zelda series much with the Wii - shame really. Even the basics were the same: 3 swords/shields/armours, hook-shot, bow etc.

Mario64 wasnt bad - although I thought he was saying something rude on the 3rd jump.... So I jumped everywhere Smile

I feel the same about the PS3.. get exicted about the game, bung it in ... *installing game data* (10-20mins later).. downloading patch... (5-10mins more) "What was I playing??"

You need to log-in to post here.