Home Board Index » Chit-chat » BRING IT ON

bloodright21

bloodright21 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 13 years ago.

yaaaaaaaaaaaa fire more missles
Picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Solitude is impractical and yet society is fatal.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hi, which game is that? looks little like X3/TC?

I guess all the red circles on the right are missiles? Leave

bloodright21

bloodright21 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

those are all ships shooting missiles the bigger the red x the bigger the ship
the really big one s are rattlesnake battleships

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Looks like a lot going on, are those missiles aimed at you?

btw, what game is that? looks interesting.

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hiya Cpt Roguey, Wave

I can tell you straight off, he ain't playing TC... he's playing EVEonline.... :p (I'm guessing he's either taking part in a PvP fleet battle or a Sansha's Incursion....)

How do I know? I play it on occasion myself.... only major problem with EVE is you have to pay to access it after the 1st two (2) weeks, which are free & designed to give you a small taste of what the game's all about.....

Oh & yes, I'm still haunting the forum as per usual.... :p Roll eyes Cuckoo LOL ROFL Leave Laugh

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

good to see you are still here nova.

I never really got into the pay to play idea. Probably because it would cost me too much Smile

bloodright21

bloodright21 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns
good times. I had 95% resist to the damage thay were doing so i could have sat in that all day and i had 2 repair s going

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Sounds like you needed although Smile

How do you resist damage in eve?

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hiya Roguey, Wave

There's two methods involved, depending on which race you chose to play as....

The Ammar & Gallente are armour tankers (meaning we don't care if we loose our shields as we use various different types &/or thicknesses of armour plates &/or binders to resist the damage) & then there's the shield tankers {meaning almost exactly the same thing as in "X", the stronger your shields are, the better} minmatar/caldari, you resist damage via the use various different shield boosters & if your shields aren't setup to resist the damage properly, then you start taking damage to your ships thin armour & then on to the ships paper thin hull, closely followed by "Kaboom!!" as your ship explodes around you & you fly off in your pod to grab another one of your ships to carry on in... (Oh & just to clear something up here, every ship in EVE has shields built-in [even combat drones {basically used for the same purpose as in "X",except with one interesting twist.. In the case of mining barges, they can be a ship's primary weapons as a mining barge can really only mount mining lasers in it's turrets}], unlike "X" where you have to add shields to your ship..)

Now, my main character in EVE is a Gallente miner by "birth" (meaning that's the way I set him up when I created him... :p), so he's an armour tanker, whereas from the sounds of it, bloodright21 is a caldari so therefor he's a shield tanker...

Oh & just to make things even more confusing, my main character can fly heavy hitters aka BS's {battleships (think "X" destroyer class)} as well the smaller classes... sometimes I go & do "mishes" (missions) to increase my standing with various npc corps &/or various races, which requires the use of something that can stand up to a bit of punishment (aka damage).. there are generally 5 lvls of mishes available that can be undertaken, with the higher the mish lvl the higher the payout & loot... (I loves me loot.... Big Grin LOL)

The missions in lvl 1 are generally easy enough to do in a frigate (the smallest manned ship in-game) or even a destroyer (the 2nd smallest manned ship in-game), lvl 2 can be done in either a frigate, a destroyer (if you've got them setup right..) or a BC {battle cruiser} (think "X" m7 class), lvl 3 can be done in a BC as the absolute minimum class, but preferable done in a BS (battleship), lvl4 - 5 requires a BS & a few helpers (player corpmates/friend fleet) & give out some of the juiciest loots & payout around, & then you've got the grand-daddy of all: a Sansha's Incursion (has only been introduced in the past coupla months) where you & a whole help of people have to fight an enormous invasion fleet in which the Cap Ship (Capitol Ships: the big daddy of the ultra-ultra heavy hitters, can only be used in low/null sec (low/null sec refers to the system's security rating as far as a CONCORD {basically the games cops} presence is concerned) usually, however for the Sansha's Incursion the Cap Ship is usually controlled by one of the GM's for roleplaying purposes...

Geez, that's got to be the longest post I've ever written on here.... Eek Spit Roll eyes LOL ROFL Leave

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

That's definitely the longest post by you Smile

Its sounds like you really got into eve. Thanks for explain about the Ammar & Gallente and the minmatar & caldar. Cool idea about ship ramming - would of been fun in X. Eve sounds like an interesting game. I guess its all online so you can join friends?

Is eve sort-of like diablo/guildwars mixed with X?

bloodright21

bloodright21 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

i fly Gallente drones boats so i am a armor tanker i use a navy dom and just blast apart large ships with my short range blaster as my drones clear the room of small stuff

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

How much do you play eve? sounds fun Smile

bloodright21

bloodright21 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

i play eve everyday if you want to try it there is a 14 day try.I will tell you now eve is not for every one. It is also very very very hard

bloodright21

bloodright21 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

matter of fact i think there is a refer a friend program
let me know if you want to try it i might get something out of it. Banana winner

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well, I dislike the idea of paying to play and without paying you cant play... I think that made sense Smile

This is why I I played Guild wars than World of warcraft. But thanks for the offer. Its interesting hearing how youre getting on although in eve.

You need to log-in to post here.