Command and Conquer newb

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Command and Conquer newb

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

hi all,

i've never played these games, but i'm interested in starting. what are they about, and where would be a good place to start playing?

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hey m8,

I very surprised you missed out the C&C games - seeing as you like the PC and in the army. C&C games are about building up a base and units (from infantry to tanks / planes), then taking on the enemy often using tactics (well, the older games were more tactics based). C&C games are also known for their video briefings (it was great having some explain the mission to you).

I recommend you look at First decade: it contains a lot of the old C&C games (the best in my eyes) together on one DVD. First decade starts with the first C&C (which was originally in 320 x 200) up-to and including Generals (with the Zero hour add-on). You can also download some of the old C&C games for free, but they are rather old such as Red Alert 1.

To me the best was Red Alert 2 (with the Yuri add-on) - its only 2D but has some great game-play. It will even run in high resolution (mines in 1080p), units look kind-of small but allows you to see more of the battle field.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

Same here, I recommend you to try the First decade games like, Tiberian dawn, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert... These games are available to download you can download'em, but the official C&C website has been relaunched as they're getting ready for new game this year, so these pages aren't ready yet... As for me the best of all was also Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge they both has a great story & gameplay Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

very well, i'll look into these. thanks for the advice.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

np, let us know how you get on and if you need any help/advice.

hopefully you should be able to get first decade fairly cheap now.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Today ive been trying to get Tiberium Sun to work on Windows 7 x64. It just came up with re-install game. So I had a look around on the net as you do. I found out it was released as free-ware awhile back by EA.

The C&C community however have fixed the problems with Windows 7 x64 etc and made a easy install program with a lot of extras. I thought you may want to check it out? seeing as its free and legal.

- TS: Full Game,

You can increase the resoultion of Tiberium Sun by editing sun.ini, 1080p:

[Video]
ScreenWidth=1920
ScreenHeight=1080
StretchMovies=yes

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

downloading Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Let us know how you get on! Tiberium Sun was a good C&C, although remmeber its rather old - so dont judge too harshly on graphics.

You need to log-in to post here.