Cheap shots with animals

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Cheap shots with animals

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Ive been noticing over the past few months that a number of comedy shows make jokes from dead animals. I really dont think its funny.

For example, the other night I watched russell howard, good news (On BBC3) and there was a bit with this bloke who had a pet squirrel. They showed squirrel with him all the time (even in the shower) then thought it would be funny showing roadkill of squirrel.

Another example, in Family Guy. Peter caught a frog but didnt put air holes in the box. They showed a couple of minutes of him pushing the dead frog from the floor and out-of the window.

Is it me, or dead animals arent funny?! why do shows think it is?

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

These are actually what I call sick jokes. In fact that what sick people do when they're out of jokes.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well I rather them do or show something else, for me just detracts from the program. I think for me Family Guy is one of the worse offenders with these kind-of 'jokes'. They must be running out of content, like you said.

However, I dont know why russell howard had to show a dead squirrel. The program is about good news, so surely theres enough news around not to do 'cheap' jokes?

I wouldnt of mention it normally, it just seems to happen fairly often in shows.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Some comedians go even worse, I know on one someone started making fun of cancer. Put me off comedy. I never watch it anymore so don't really have a say.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

However, I dont know why russell howard had to show a dead squirrel. The program is about good news, so surely theres enough news around not to do cheap jokes?
- Roguey

Jokes are getting wrose and wrose each day, I rarely find something funny these days.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I glad in a way that im not the only person who thinks like this about these kind-of jokes. Ive even noticed the simpsons having a pop at animals too, killing them or attacking them.

You need to log-in to post here.