Story time!

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Story time!

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

Ok, I was a bit bored to death, reinstalled X3, patched it all up with scripts etc. and gave the yaki start a shot...to my surprise the game unfolds slowly at the beginning (...kinda used to have xenon around by now...)...so I started thinking about about what type of game I was going to play...and well...this has been created in the process.

Morning Star

Chapter one:
**LogBook entry: 764-11-01
**Time: 02:26
**Writer: Gudrun
**Ship: Omicron
I don't know how I ended up here...and I fear the worst. It seems like only days ago, I was planet-side, and enjoyed my careless student life, until I saw that ad, that damn billboard telling me to apply...I should have never sent of my information.
I'm starting to loose it, haven't slept in three Tazuras. The second I close my eyes, the images return, flashing in front of me, like some bad dream, like a dream I can't awake from. In the simulator I could just re-init, but here...
I need to focus...
Wanting to be in the skies, oh these faitfull skies...the stars were so luring....they still are....maybe I should just eject?...maybe...
***END OF ENTRY***

**LogBook entry: 764-11-01
**Time: 05:24
**Writer: Gudrun
**Ship: Omicron
One Stazure of sleep! This is all I got!
I seem to be docked, but I don't know in what sector. It says Argon Equipment Dock...hope that's true.
...might as well go to the bar for a drink...
**END OF ENTRY***

Out of the Omicron an argon male, shaven head, and slightly overweight emerges, heading towards the station plan. As he proceeds towards the plan, others start noticing him, some are staring, some are pointing him out to others, slowly the whole docking bay is staring.
'What the hell?! Why is everyone watching me?!....'
Watching the crowd, he doesn't notice the argon male walking on a straight line towards him, only in the last second he sees the man aproaching from the corner of his eyes, just enough time to turn his head, seeing the fist full sized infront of him, too late to react, the fist strucks him directly in his chin, sending him flying to the ground.

'...black...blackness all around me...why is there no light? some light...any light...everything hurts...it's cold....I feel like I'm being crushed...where am I?...finally some light is returning...I can feel it's warm embrace...so warm...so beautiful...I can see...I can see a planet...I must be in space...the red nebula surrounding it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...I can't help but stare...where are the ship controls?...I...I....there are no....I seem to be in a space suit...what am I doing here?...how did I get here?...turning around, maybe I will know more....OH MY...time is standing still?...why?...why is there a HEPT right infront of me?...why am I not dead....am I dead?....am I dying?...thruster controls seem to be working....now I can see....I see....It can't be....it's a Chi...it looks....familiar...getting closer...just a bit more....I can see through the cockpit....this...it can't be....what!..what happened?!...why am I back infront of the HEPT!....what....it's moving slowly...thrusters...I can't get away...it's moving towards me...I can smell it....but why?!...it has reached me....it's toring it's way through....the light....the warm feeling...this was the light I felt...I recognise it...it's....peaceful...red liquid...it's comming from....it's...
...black again...all dark...'

**Incomming message**
TO: Nina Poler
SUBJECT: Xenon fleet located
PRIORITY: ALPHA
Sir, the BloodMoon has just come back. They have located a large Xenon force in a newly created sector to the north of NovaCatt's Retreat. We cannot investigate further at the moment, but scanner logs indicate some capital ships and a full compliment of fighters. The BloodMoon's crew is in the medical bay, with only minor scratches, but the ship is a wreck in short. All her systems are fried, the weapons have melted with the hull, it's a wonder they got out of there.
The crew will be on fully payed leave until further notice. Frankly said they deserver it.

Another thing I wanted to bring to your attention, our long-range scouts have confirmed yaki presence in the neighbouring sectors. They seem to not care about us.For now anyway. But the pirates don't seem too happy about them being there. They have already begun almost regular skirmishes. Maybe the problem will solve itself.
Nonetheless I'd like to request a couple more Discoverer scouts, and advanced satelites, so we can monitor the situation.

**Incoming message**
TO: Nina Poler
SUBJECT: Possible Yaki Pilot Captured
PRIORITY: CHARLIE
Sir, it seems we have captured a yaki pilot. We are not sure yet, as he had no ID with him. He landed this morning on the station. Just so landed here like nothing was wrong.He was flying a pirate ship nonetheless.Best thing of it all? He just walked around the docking bay in Yaki uniform! I don't get it....he must've known we'll arrest him.One of our Security officers disabled him. He is still in the medibay, he seems to be unconcious.
We have set him under arrest for now. I have posted 4 guards around the clock on his bed in the medibay, just in case. I don't trust this guy, either he is crazy, or he has a plan.

Burn rubber, not your soul!

You need to log-in to post here.