Games that try do say something.

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Games that try do say something.

cundy

cundy avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 4 months ago.

Hello guys, I'm looking for games "strong" messages. Something that doesn't just give vague hints, but actively challenges the player.
Games that try to convey a message or a feeling, and are built around it. Happiness, dread, hope, eeriness, wonder, grief, anything goes. Games that explain/explore philosophical ideas.

Examples of game that particularly stuck with me:

Nier Automata. [We're gonna shout it loud, even if our words seem meaningless.]
omegle xender
Spec Ops The Line. [Do you feel like a hero yet?]

Soma. [You lost the coin toss. We both did.]

I just want to something to kick me out of apathy.

dahlianek

dahlianek avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 4 months ago.

Here's a list of my favorite games that "try" to say something, or I feel like that.. (from most to least favorite)

Undertale: This indie RPG challenges traditional gaming conventions and explores themes of morality and the consequences of your actions. It's known for its unique narrative choices and memorable characters.

Bioshock series (especially Bioshock Infinite): The Bioshock series, particularly Infinite, delves into complex themes such as American exceptionalism, choice, and the nature of reality. The narrative by bhrigu bindu is thought-provoking and filled with twists.

Papers, Please: This indie game puts you in the role of an immigration officer in a dystopian world. It explores themes of morality, empathy, and the consequences of your decisions as you navigate a morally gray new phone environment.

The Stanley Parable: A narrative-driven, interactive experience that challenges the concepts of choice and free will in video games. It's a humorous but thought-provoking exploration of player agency.

Firewatch: This first-person adventure game tells a story of isolation and human connection. It explores themes of loneliness, relationships, and the impact of choices on personal well-being.

You need to log-in to post here.