Where are you all?

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Where are you all?

ktide

ktide avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

I would love to go to the UK Roguey, as you know I Know alot of people from the UK, Scotland and Ireland, and belive it or not, the people I appretiate and relate to the most are the british, ence the reason why the UK is on my top list to places to move, that and other reasons like my baby girl, the UK has the finest schools in the world being the major one.

It will be difficult to move there without having a job, I like to work for a living, living off of soial security or state funds is not my thing, so if I can find a job of my new area, I'll go for it... If you know someone that works with wood floors and would need a sander/laquer, lemme know Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hey m8, well wouldnt say the UK is the best place in the world, as its got its own problems - maybe saw about the rioting not too long ago? however the police did get it sorted after a few days (very rare for England).

However the job situation isnt good atm - when a post is created, there can be anything from 5 to 50 applying for the job. On the news the other night, they said there was around 5.2 people applying for each job as a national average.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yeah, alot of emigration going to the UK these past months, that can "help" those statistics aswell.

The riots in the UK, if it was me giving the orders, would be over very fast lol, you know me, and with me, bruit force is the answer to those kinds of issues! I think the problem of those riots were not the people that actually were complaining to begin with, but the people that joined to poke the hornet's nest and to cause trouble. If the police had drawn out the battons and started to design new drainage ditchs on the backs of those guys, things would get sorted fast imo, I call it cutting the tree by the root Wink

I've been to London this year, arrived the 22nd of August ( after the riots ) and I liked it, has a certain focus to it, the city and the people I mean, has an energy that I liked alot. People seem focused and look like they have a point in what they're doing, not like here were people look empty, I dunno m8, it's different, the vibe of the city itself and the people's energy is different, I know it's not perfect, no were is, but I liked it alot tbh.

Economicly, it's great! Life is expencive and all, that I can understand, but at least I can make an honest living there, out here, at the end of the month, the best thing to do is to ask the government for the money you pay them and drop the remains of your paycheck to them... You earn more!

Roguey, out here, each boss pays 35% of an employe's wager to social security, plus health benefits and so on. By the end of the bill issued to the paycheck, plus taxes on expences you have and all that, the averige person here gives 75% of there pay to the government and you know what... It's still not enought!

Social security will be bankrupt in a few years ( some say 20, I think 2, some retirenment checks are allready not being payed across the country ) and the people that have payed there hole life to get the pay after they can finaly rest from work, will get nothing if this keeps up, and we still see alot of "directors","heads of office" and other officials all linked to the government, some the present one others from past ones, with fancy new cars, houses and go on great hollidays... And we pay for it!

Now let's compare, out here, everyone knows that is happening, no one does a damn thing about it either, tell us m8, what would the brits do? All hell would break loose! That's why I want to get out of here, we're free falling and no one gives a crap.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

It does sound rather dire there - it is very difficult for me to know how everything is over there, as I never been there before. I just didnt want you think that the UK is the best place in the world, but its not the worse either too.

People can be very distance here, caught up in their own world than the one around them. A lot of the old British politeness has disappeared over the years. Although im glad that horrible polish British accent has kind-of died off. We used to make a lot of things over here, but not so much any-more. People are happy getting things for the cheapest price, rather than worrying about local businesses.

Over here, around half of any item goes to the government from either tax and/or import duties. VAT atm is at 20% - highest ive ever seen it over here.

I guess all places are suffering from the current situation in the world, however some are taking it a lot harder and by the sounds of it, you guys are. Sorry to hear.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

VAT here's at 23... Going to increasse to 25% next January lol, I have better news in each post lmao.

It's fine m8, everytime i turn on the telly the news are awfull around the world, if it's not people dying from starvation or some God damn desiese or from no conditions whasoever, it's people killing eachother cause they have nothing else to do it seams, so... These things are like the wind: They come and they go. Some days they blow hard, others only a breeze.

Time heals these wounds, let's wait for it Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I do wonder if human society is missing the lack of a bigger goal. When had world wars, everyone knew what to do and had to help each other... also when they wanted to reach the moon, once again everyone was excited. Nowadays, they fly to space and no-one even bothered. Hence why people are fighting amongst themselves maybe - bored and dont know what they are working towards? Just seems to be a lot of negative things atm.

I hope the next big thing will be space travel, although looks like it might be awhile - anyone got SETA? LOL

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

lool

But yep, i have to agree with you there m8, I not the one that says we need another WW ( nuclear bombs suck, and if there's to be another war, people will use them for sure! ) but we need something that can unite everyone in one goal, a focus, something.

Society is dying m8, there's no respect for people, no brotherly love for the people outside our home and people preffer to step on you at times then to actually help you up.

Food for thought Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

lol, getting a bit deep into it now :p although its true. I guess things like phones/the internet haven't help - making people think about their own little world, rather that look at the one around them. Although sometimes its completely understandable, as the real world can be a cruel one as you know.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Looking the other way isn't going to make things better, cause things that happen to others can happen to us, unless we stop them, and to stop them, we have to pay attention to what is happening around us to know about them.

I refused to see the news on TV for a long time in the past, untill I had a call from my wife. She was being followed by some guys in a car, so I had to go get her and my daughter ( 6 months old at the time ) to were she was, and had to pull my gun from the holdster ( yep, never leave home without her after that ) to drive them off.

That's one example to what I said before: Closing our eyes will not make bad things go away!

Fyi, I think that if we let this go on much further ( you know, world crysis and all that ) WWIII will be popping soon. People are loosing there life's gain ( house, car, goods, etc ) because of all the crap the "brainiac" - aka dumb as a doorknob - politicians we had for the past 40 years around the globe. Kadafi for example, he was honest about it! He was stealling from his people but never hid that from anyone, unlike the "serious" politicians we see across Europe/America.

One day the bubble will burst, and the way people look at eachother now ( as in "I preffer to step all over you rather to even look at you")... OmG.

I hate to point fingers, never did that but there's a gilty party in all of the crysis in the EU, once people open there eyes and see what some can see now, things will get messy... Just wait and see!

Again... Open your eyes people, do what needs to be done before it's too late.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.