Recommendations for joystick?

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Recommendations for joystick?

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

So, yeah I'm thinking of grabbing a new PC. but even before that I need a joystick, mainly because Bohemia Interactive Studios released a community preview of Take On Helicopters, and cause I'll need one for ArmA2/3 and X-Rebirth anyway :P

So far all I found is the Saitek Cyborg X, and while it looks ok, maybe someone has a better recommendation?
One rule, it has to be in

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Saitek Cyborg - I remember one of them from ages ago. Well I cant really help you with joysticks, as im a keyboard/mouse person (games like X I use keyboard only). Hopefully someone else will post about their joystick bliss Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

i love playing X3 with my PS3 controller. going from a keyboard to the gamepad, i feel like i can fly a LOT better, especially in dogfights with fighters. also, with like 14 programmable buttons, i only use my keyboard to start the game.

on the downside, i had to hack windows to use my PS3 controller. now my USB settings are kinda jacked up. i tried to plug my Zune HD in the other day to update my music on it and it wouldn't even connect. also, my Samsung Galaxy S wouldn't connect to the Kies program either.

moral of the story: when i get a new computer i think i will invest in a good game pad designed for windows, rather than jack up my USB settings again to use my PS3 controller.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Do you not have any PS2 controllers hanging around? if so they are more or less identical to that of the PS3 control. However they used to sell PS2 to USB adaptors.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

i never thought about using a PS2 controller. that would probably be easier. unfortunatly i sold my PS2 and the 1 controller that i had a little after i got my PS3.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi NetHawk,

Take a look at Logitech, Extreme 3D PRO. There are buttons that can be programmed. Hope this helps.

You need to log-in to post here.