Operation Pinocchio

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Operation Pinocchio

Leperman

Leperman avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi, this is my first post and I'd like to start off by posting a fic I wrote based on one of my X3 gameplays around 3 years ago. Original thread here complete with screen shots if curious: (http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=1912&pid=7831025#pid7831025)

Operation Pinocchio

Three Worlds, a star system on the Argon-Boron border, looks peaceful today.

Populated with life from various races, the feeling of peace is in the air despite news reports filled with how the Argon space navy is down to 30% from Xenon invasions and how the Kingdom of Boron are retreating from Split aggression in its borders. I overhear people working in the space docks talking about how life seems to be safer these days, though it may seem to be the case in high-society prosperous systems such as this Free Trade Station.

Reality though, was much less optimistic. Common folk fear the Xenon and Ka’ack threats, and with the federation’s sudden lack of ships, reality sets in after the destruction of the star system President’s End in the hands of the Ka’ack. Stopping by to get my Valkyrie refueled, I pick out a fancy bar and restaurant in the high-end district of this gargantuan space station called Schorshi’s.

The restaurant Schorshi’s was decorated in a style reminiscent of the early Argon colonization project, a carry over from the original progenitor Terran culture. Contact was recently re-established with the Terrans after 800 years, despite their xenophobic tendencies. Schorshi’s, priding itself on being an “Old-Fashioned” bar and restaurant, sports bright lights, dark tones, an atmosphere of sophistication, and touting an authentic Terran feel even for this system’s high standards. A grand mixture of Earthtopian ideals of a bright and shiny future in space is the overall theme that bombards the senses of its visitors. Ye old’ Earth Cheeseburger, hailed as the ancestor of the Meatsteak Cahoona is touted as its specialty and I place an order to one of the Boron waiters wearing a fancy suit, his garbled voice due to his liquid breathing apparatus, confirms my order.

A holo-projector in the center of the room plays the live broadcast from the news.

Initial reports talk of decreased pirate activity in trade routes between the systems Akela’s Beacon and Elena’s Fortune. “De Gaia family halts all pirate activities” was the headline, and coming up later in the program was his live press conference from the star system “The Wall” to which hopefully questions about the family’s change in direction will be cleared. A broadcast special is currently being aired about the life and times of one of the most powerful pirate clan leaders, Don Monroe de Gaia...

You need to log-in to post here.