Forum polling

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Forum polling

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Sorry if ive been a little distant during the past few days, I will read all the posts tomorrow - its just been a bit crazy recently. However... I wanted to inform you about the poll-system changes.

As you know, polls arent used too often on this site but since I created one about Rebirth recently (about directx9). However I wanted to check it on my tablet, but flash isnt supported on it, like many mobile devices. I also felt it didnt look too professional either.

On my first re-work, I was going to change it to a HTML5 canvas. However a few hours in and it was slow work (I managed to get it to read in XML, and start drawing the choices). I left it.... had dinner then a shower... I wondered why dont I just use standard controls in a iframe? Basically why redo the wheel? The iframe means the page doesnt need to reload, plus it removes a lot of bulk code. In the flash system I had to create a XML for it, so it could get the poll results. However in the new system, I dont need any XML as it gets the results directly (which is much faster).

Well I hope the poll system works better now, and is still easy to use. At-least mobile devices should be able to vote too.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Good work Smile I haven't tested this new poll-system yet (I don't want to give 2 votes for 1 poll, you know), but at least it looks better, easier and as you said it should works on mobile devices.

However I have a tiny comment, is there might be a bit better font/style for the poll-head and the 'vote' button? I don't know Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh right, yea... the header had small-caps on.

ps. you cant vote twice (unless with a different IP). Otherwise people could vote 100 times :p

You need to log-in to post here.