LFL and you!

Home Board Index » X3: Farnhams Legacy » LFL and you!

LeeTownage

LeeTownage avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 2 years ago.

Fun fact about the Low Frequency Locator!

You probably noticed when you are near a jump gate, your LFL indicated it detects something and you follow its indicators and find a thing. Great.
However it does not have unlimited range, so it wont detect everything right away, you must get within a certain range, 50-100km is my guess from observations, but I know I am not accurate.

But there is a lazy and easy way to bypass all the effort of using the LFL! All you need is special command software! When you see the LFL indicator, just go to autopilot, special, collect wares in sector, select your current sector, make sure minimum value is set to 0 (for journal pages) continuous set to yes, and hit Start!

It will fly straight at wares in the sector and collect them, even if you have not yet "found" these items with the LFL. and in my experience it even works great for the hidden items not even within range of the LFL at that time!

Keep in mind, some of these items are Pandora Box upgrades, so make sure you are in a ship your want to collect those with before you go blindly collecting wares!

Also you will know there are no wares to collect when your ship is randomly changing direction every few seconds (while in SETA)

Furthermore this will not help you find Hyperspeed Access Points, for those you will need to follow the LFL indications!

brigandphantos

brigandphantos avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 2 years ago.

I'm going to try this in Blue Profit now. Far east side of the map. Banana skipping rope

You need to log-in to post here.