Ships Details Discrepancies

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Ships Details Discrepancies

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi Roguey, nice site! Smile

Just thought I'd let you know, on the X2 ships lists, all the details are right when you view a list of a given class, but several of them seem to have wrong details in their individual pages (I.E. the Split Dragon is listed as max speed 324 or so, but on it's own page, only 144).

No criticism, I like the layout of the site, just thought you might want to know Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks for letting me know, I had the formulas from X3 on the individual X2 ship pages and compare feature. I have replaced the formulas with the X2 ones, so hopefully everything should be correct.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey Roguey, think I might have another one for you. I was just looking at the Dolphin pic from X2...but I'm sure when I played X2 (many many years ago now) that the Dolphin had moving tentacles?? I seem to remember that was one of things that attracted me to it when I first started playing X2. I think what you've got on the site at the minute is the Manta.

Not sure if any of the others are wrong, as only the Dolphin sticks out in my memory (and I don't have a copy of X2 to check), although you might want to look at the Teladi TS, I think it's listed as only having Tiny cargo capacity, compared to Extra Large. Sorry mate, work work work :p

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yup, your right: the Boron TS was actually the Boron TP. A new picture has been done.

Whilst doing it, I noticed that the Teladi TS had the wrong turn speed - had a few missing decimal points, which has also been fixed.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

If you're up for it, most of the X3:Reunion ship acceleration figures need adjustment. Only the minimum number is quoted, when acceleration increases with added engine tunings.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I thought the acceleration was an fixed number in X3? and that increased acceleration was added in X3TC and upwards?

BTW Every ship page from X2 to X3AP has been changed, please let me know if there is any problems.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm still seeing the Manta where there should be a Dolphin pic...

;)

Sorry Roguey, you must hate me at the minute Bomb

Seems all I've done since I signed up here is point out what's wrong lol

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hehe, its np, good to know what's wrong. The picture should be changed, maybe you might need to clean-out your cache to see the new picture.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Oooh, hey, good shout, I never even thought of that. Works fine now \o/

Ah...the X2 Dolphin, such a beautiful ship. Almost brings a tear to my eye Wink

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Acceleration is not a fixed number in X3:Reunion. It increases with added engine tunings. I'm playing it currently and this I can confirm. Would you like me to start looking up the numbers for the maximum ship acceleration statistics?

Oh and another thing I added some additional information on capturing ships in X2, but because the capturing ships section was closed for comments I put it in the fighting tips section. That paragraph should probably be moved over to the capturing ships section.

Just noticed this. The Teladi Vulture is listed as having cargo type (T) tiny. It's actually XL. Close though. Wink

And another thing...

Pretty sure the Xenon M1 has just 1 gun per turret, like other M1's, and not 3, like M2's do.

[edited] grouped the posts together by editing existing post, rather than making 4 separate posts.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Both the Teladi Vulture and Xenon J have been updated with the correct details. Thanks.

As for X3, I need to check them myself - so ill have fire up X3 sometime, that way I can check to make sure I got my formula correct.

oh and if a post is not replied too, could you please edit it rather than creating more replies, as I wont make me look at the thread any quicker and creates separate items in the database. thanks.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Might I suggest the XModels 3DViewer? You can refer it to the path of your install and it will let you look at the 3D model and statistics of ships in X2 or X3. The key is by you pointing it to your own install, you can know the numbers are vanilla and correct, yet its much easier than going into the game and checking the ships that way.

It shows minimum and maximum for speed, acceleration and turning. While it does not show maximum engine tunings, you already have that information anyway.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ah good idea, I didnt know that X Model viewer had that information in it (I knew it had some, but just thought it was an summary). Well looking at those numbers, the formula is exactly the same as X3TC. So now you should see min and max values for acceleration for all X3 ships.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

On one hand so far the acceleration range fix is good. There were a few cases in which XModels 3D Viewer disagreed with the numbers you had, and yours were correct (I opened X3 to confirm). I think its important to note that although another database disagreed with you your numbers were better. This is a good sign your database is in some ways now more accurate than some others.

On the other hand, steering numbers on most ships are off. For example, steering for the starburst is actually 250% - 500% instead of 183% - 366%, while Arrow is actually 100% - 200% instead of 83% - 166%. MANY if not most of the other ship steering numbers are off, for example the pirate buster max steering is actually 81% not 78%). Entries in table and in individual listings also often disagree, with neither one being correct. For example: the iguana vanguard. Your table lists its steering as 5% - 9.5%, the individual entry says 5.5% - 10.45%, and the actual range is 5.79% - 11.01% checked in game just now. Elephant is max 0.89%, not 1.5%, also just checked. I'm sorry I can't be more specific the number of errors is too many for me to better understand what is going on.

For what its worth the XModels 3D Viewer seems to get the steering numbers right on, in my observation so far.

I've noticed this steering number problem for some time, so I'm not saying anything has changed with it recently, and don't think that your acceleration fix is responsible.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well, I didnt change the steering formula when correcting the acceleration. I spent an hour looking into why the formula for X3 isnt correct, and after I still dont know what the formula is. The X2 one works fine, being:

$turnspeed_min = round(((($record->yaw + $record->pitch + $record->roll) /3) * 100), 2);
$turnspeed_max = round(($turnspeed_min * ((($record->RudderTunning * 10)/100) +1 )), 2);

The above (X2) kind-of works for X3 ships - some being dead-on, whilst others being a bit out, to the Mammoth which is massively wrong. I dont know what the the forumla is for the X3 ships - and doing this has remind me why I gave-up and used a formula which gets near.

Try getting the yaw, pitch and yaw from tships and see if you can work-it out. There must something depending on class? (add 25% more to an M6 and its right? 15% for M1's?). or is the extra % based on something else? Where did this extra % come from? or is the above formula wrong all-together?

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Since the magnitude of the difference is itself variable, I'd say the formula just doesn't work for X3. In the end though, wouldn't it be possible to just look up those numbers? A bit the hard way, but at least its a solution.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.