My accout is messed up. (I think)

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » My accout is messed up. (I think)

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i have no idea if this is me or the stie but every one is outlined in diffrent colors and inside the box where the comment is its black with green lettering. There are no more pictures in the background only "0010110001" binary code if im not mistaken and the links for the blog and the recent post only say "link". Your forum is the only one that does this i am a member with 4 other forums and they are build the same as yours so yeah i have no idea what is going on it did it for the whole site so i restated the internet and it only does it in certan areas now. The same thing happens on my computer at work as well.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

i have no idea if this is me or the stie but every one is outlined in diffrent colors and inside the box where the comment is its black with green lettering.

me too, but not for everyone, i guess its an upgrade for the site and the colors reflect the level of each member in the site (only high levels, if i'm right).
But I have no problems.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

very strange, is everything okay now?

has for any upgrades, the only thing ive changed recently is the post output in the forum.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Just a note, the last action for one of the members in the site was 'Set colour'. What color? and has this anything to do with these new colors? maybe, I don't know!

But you, Roguey, are the admin for this site, then you should know Wink. And by the way, if you could provide some info on profile levels and how can I upload (from my PC) pictures onto my posts, thanks.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Sorry for being thick but I'm not really sure what you guys mean. A link or a few pictures would help me. The username colour is due to what rights they have on the site, not the users level. Staff members are orange, mods blue and admin is red. The set colour reward allows you to change the colour around your forum posts.

As for the 10011 thingy what page is this happening on? ATM I dont see any problems with the site although I haven't checked every page.

As for being admin, I am. I am also the coder/designer of the site. So its very unlikely you would have seen a similar forum.

As for posting images, the forum doesn't host them. You need to find a place to upload them, then post the ubb code. Many places host images such has image shack, etc. I have been thinking about coding an image uploader for the forum, has I know image posting can be a bit complex.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, the site looks better now. Smile

but I'm not really sure what you guys mean

For me, I mean there is a colored-head (the area where the Saturday 6th April, 2013 at 06:08:33, posted 0 day(s) ago. Updated 1 time(s)) that wasn't colored before until today.

About the username-color, its just as you said, but orange? I've never seen orange unless you mean grey rather than orange, that's for me at least?

But there are colors (the colors around forum posts) which I guess, as it seems, they reflect the user-levels, as all users have these colors and not need to set it! even users with low-level have a grey color, and some high-level users still have grey, I'm a bit confused here.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

For me, I mean there is a colored-head (the area where the Saturday 6th April, 2013 at 06:08:33, posted 0 day(s) ago. Updated 1 time(s)) that wasn't colored before until today.

That's the thing ive added; I was looking around the net (I think for info about Dead or alive 5 on my tablet) when I came across another forum. The other forum used the header (to separate things) and an slight move of items. To me it made more sense, so I adopted the idea here.

as for the orange title, hardly anyone has it. The reason behind the 'staff' title is that it allows a person to post news to the site(s). ie. a mod team or fan want to be able to post news about something, without giving them mod access to the forum.

ps1. blog image uploading works in IE10 (tested). I couldn't test it before because IE10 wasn't out at the time.

ps2. The forum now passes w3c validation now (HTML5).

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

You need to find a place to upload them, then post the ubb code

Could you please give me some info and example(s) on those places.

That's the thing ive added... To me it made more sense, so I adopted the idea here.

Nice move. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Could you please give me some info and example(s) on those places.
- Raptor

No problems, head-to an image hoster (such has imageshack.us) then upload your image. After, copy 'n paste the forum code (sometimes called UBB-code) here then preview Smile

You can register on imageshack if you want to keep all your images together in one collection.

If you guys want me to build an image uploader for the forum, let me know.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

There are the built-in image-uploader and video-uploader (other than YouTube links), it would be a huge upgrade for the site but we understand the complexity, difficulty and effort to do that, so its up to you, we don't want to bother you and waste your time. Smile

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Its all good now i still have the colorored outlines around the comments but i got every thing back. and as for the 00100010 ect. it was in the es boards down. I did figure out the problem and i will email you a report because by the time im done writing one on here i will have used up all the memory lol.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?

You need to log-in to post here.