Getting the Aran--Questions

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Getting the Aran--Questions

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I never got around to capping an Aran in TC, but have done so in my AP game. I remember reading threads from the ES forums in which people were implying that once you capped an Aran there was still a possibility of more spawning in UFJD sectors, making it possible to find and cap more. So far I've not seen any other Arans in my UFJD jumps in AP.

Has it been changed so that only one Aran can be captured in AP, or is it simply that it has always been that way and my memory is lying to me?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't have AP yet, but I've seen a few threads on ES also where others have more then one Aran.
Couldn't tell ya when that was--original release or patched.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I used to see the Aran quite a lot in AP, as soon as I captured one I couldnt see another one. So I think in AP, you can only have one at time. I guess you could reverse-engineer the Aran, but it could take some time and resources to build! However like Seygantte, I never got around to boarding the Aran in TC.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Way ahead of you there bro.

Picture

It's precisely because I know how long it takes that I was asking if there is a quicker way ^^,

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'll have to get one before I see if I will want anymore.

Hey, question about RE.
When you RE a ship, do you loss 'it' permanently?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yes. As soon as the process begins that ship is instantly destroyed and the only way to get it back is to build a new one. For the Aran this means a total of about 8 game days.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks.
Thought so. Just checking.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Dusting this one off. There's lots of good stuff already here.
I figure it saves you guys from repeating your advice and information Big grin

Began hunting for my first Aran.
I'm using my Cobra M7M with a good load of adv. satellites, E-cells, missiles, etc.
I "saved" before I began--to have a good re-starting point.

After 50 jumps, sat. deployments, zooming from the ship and 2 to 4 distant asteroids per Sector--no dice.
From what I've heard an Aran is large enough it should be (fairly) easy to see.

I've read over on ES that sometimes it takes more then 50 jumps, sometimes it takes less.
I saved after returning to 'normal space' after the 50th jump.
I'm back at the re-start point 'save'.

What are you guys' experiences?
Do any of you guys check out the Sector more then just zooming from various places, like flying around some?
Is 50 jumps too many?...not enough?

I do understand it's completely random in the game.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Seems like way too much. What I do is jump in, change to external view and look around at a downward angle then look around at an upward angle. if nothing spotted try again. There is also a slight delay in the sector loading with an Aran in it - may not be valid if you are playing off an SSD. 1 in 10 I have personally found about normal. However I have had it as high as 1 in 20 or so.

It may be worth noting that after I found one close to the jump in point, I realized how many I actually missed while looking for my first one. They are indeed spottable from very far away and its distinctive so once you know what it looks like at range its hard to miss. I thought they were distant wreckage or something because the lights dont show until your kinda close.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks Sinxar. I think I'll do the re-start.
I zoom from the ship's position then look for asteroids at the extreme range of my adv sat., up, down, fore, aft, port, and starboard.

I'll try to spend a little more time in each Sector this time around.
Guess I'll just have to pop those Xenon Q's and Kha'ah corvettes that I seem to attract.

I'm not familiar with "SSD", but taking a guess...a "separate storage device"?
No, I'm playing off a gaming system I had built 2 years ago (no, not an Alien) just so I could play X3TC.
I got it sitting on a desk so I can have my laptop sitting right in front of me while I play (my gaming system has never been "online").

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm not familiar with "SSD", but taking a guess...a "separate storage device"?

- cjm3fl

Solid-State Drive

I wish i could find the post that I got my technique from. But anyway hope you find some soon.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Way It's precisely because I know how long it takes that I was asking if there is a quicker way ^^,
- Seygantte

I guess its one of the slowest ships to build. What a long time that will take.

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

hello guys i got an issue .. i have a tp with 3-5 stars marines and i launch them on aran. so far so good, but ALL of them say (we cant penetrate the hull) and then they all eject to space again.. any hint on whats the problem??

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@kritikosk8, well the Aran is an M1 and to board it you need to use an M7M with boarding pods and a lot of 3-5 stars marines (20 marines recommended), but if you don't have an M7M yet and want to do it with a TP anyway then you need about 8 of the marines to have 100% mechanical skills so as they can penetrate the hull, yes the hull of M1 ships is so tough so the boarding pods is often used for that.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

txs very much!!! now taht aran will be mine! Smile

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.