X Rebirth was meant to be entrance into Consoles

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » X Rebirth was meant to be entrance into Consoles

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

@jjhawk geez that sucks to lose so much work, ive had it happen to me too. Since then I backup things now and then.

I did email bernd to respond to the console thing too, but nothing as of yet. I knew he was doing some article for some other site, although kind-of said - oi! what about my site? theres a lot of x-fans there, who are wanting answers - just look at the polls! However im not expecting any reply from him - maybe ill be improved wrong? they dif. seem to be posting everywhere apart from where the fans are.

Sad this is the way things have gone, whether its can be saved or if its worth it is another question.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Aye Roguey, it's an Ego trend to give info to outside websites instead of it's own forum..... This has always been a minor gripe I have had with them.

What really gets me more is there has not been any official participation on the Egosoft forum despite all the commotion..

A) I feel sorry for the moderators trying to stay neutral when it's obvious they are just as dissapointed as the rest of us.

B) Not releasing any counter claims on the forum to the console debate tells me that they are guilty.

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” Adolf Hitler...

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi everyone !

About time I signed up here, and be it for a group-move.

So... since XR clearly was used to raise as much money as possible no matter the collateral damage - and they're obviously about to try it in asia next - I wonder... where to go now ? And... is there any ETA on the upcoming alternatives ?

Honestly.. after all that letdown, intentional misinformation and outright lieing, I have hard times to find fun in playing an Egosoft game anymore - even the old titles, but... well those got old anyways.

Here in Germany their behavior actually is violating multiple laws for "misleading customers". I am seriously wondering how they can dare to pull this off in THIS country, they might get sued for their actions even since it was clearly intentional and all the evidence is out there.

So much about loyal fans and whatever... anyone remaining loyal after getting cheated is either incredibly stupid, blind or... a saint of some masochistic sorts. :p

Regards, a Space Cat looking for a new home.

shivansps

shivansps avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Im suprised that "hitler" did not find out about X Rebirth being a console port yet.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Im suprised that "hitler" did not find out about X Rebirth being a console port yet.
- shivansps

I was unaware his bunker had wi-fi...

Am I missing something?

retribution1987

retribution1987 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

honestly, i don't know about all this xbox stuff having much to do with it, it just feels like they rushed the game out a bit early, though my biggest concern is content, which with the bugs is not easy to explore.
on that note, i think they have been making pretty good progress on bug fixing.

shivansps

shivansps avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Im suprised that "hitler" did not find out about X Rebirth being a console port yet.- shivansps

I was unaware his bunker had wi-fi...

Am I missing something?
- BarrenEarth

this is one, but i dont like it, it must be from the player POV.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Rofl, Shivan, thanks for that. Hillarious like hell itself ! Big grin

Ontopic: Considering Egosoft's general release quality, I wonder how/why they even dared to think about creating a console game. The fans there need playable games and couldn't survive bugs and other issues. Guess we'll never know... or we do already, and it's been just a silly try to rake in fruits (money) which hang far too high for them.

P.S.: Did anyone dare to post that link in the Egosoft forums, by chance ? Beer

birdtable

birdtable avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It should be on Bernd's desk for sure,,,, and everywhere else.......but a must view on the Egosoft site....

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

:D lolololol This video should be everywhere....

I will be the one to take you down!
SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

All i can think of right now is, why go for PC if its a Guns xbox port. Sell it as an Xbox game, instead of trying to make it a PC title, or better yet, make it both. I'm kinda sad that they have screwed up this badly. I enjoyed X3 and X2, probably have put more hours into those than any other game on steam. Then they ruin it with this. I just hope that Ego doesn't go bankrupt, therefore eliminating any chance of another real X game ever.

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

All i can think of right now is, why go for PC if its a xbox port. Sell it as an Xbox game, instead of trying to make it a PC title, or better yet, make it both. I'm kinda sad that they have screwed up this badly. I enjoyed X3 and X2, probably have put more hours into those than any other game on steam. Then they ruin it with this. I just hope that Ego doesn't go bankrupt, therefore eliminating any chance of another real X game ever.
- SpiritOfDeath

Its not that simple. Xbox games can be created using XDK resources from Microsoft, but only approved companies and approved projects can ever make it into their console. Egosoft is too big for the $99 indie license, and their games too reliant on community modding and patches for hard disc. MS has at least some QA to prevent games like Rebirth from ruining their reputation too
Whatever

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

I suppose they could just use that tail gating mini game and cut out the rest of the game and sell It to 5 yr olds .. Smile

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah! They could put it into the next WarioWare Inc.!

I will be the one to take you down!
« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.