X Rebirth was meant to be entrance into Consoles

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » X Rebirth was meant to be entrance into Consoles

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Okay, so now that the shock about XR is slowly turning into laughter, I wonder what everyone is doing in regards to their space sim needs.

Dunno all the options, and my favorite obviously is Star Citizen, but maybe we can get sort of a poll here ? And of course... linking it in the ES forum might be useful, I'd take that "shame" on my name. Wink

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm playing x3 TC (still not found Roguey's TC mod though) Seems to have dissapeared..

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm playing x3 TC (still not found Roguey's TC mod though) Seems to have dissapeared..
- jjhawk

That reminds me... I was playing X³AP with the TCM mod last time I had fun with an X game. Might pick that up. Also, why TC ? I liked AP much more - but maybe that's just me.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm playing x3 TC (still not found Roguey's TC mod though) Seems to have dissapeared..- jjhawk

That reminds me... I was playing X³AP with the TCM mod last time I had fun with an X game. Might pick that up. Also, why TC ? I liked AP much more - but maybe that's just me.
- Mauzi

I had a game going on AP on my desktop before it died on me.. My laptop can just about run TC, no chance with AP and all them stupid battles.. Just doing humble merchant and trading for some fun..

Ranalune

Ranalune avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

All i can think of right now is, why go for PC if its a xbox port. Sell it as an Xbox game, instead of trying to make it a PC title, or better yet, make it both.
- SpiritOfDeath

Its not that simple. Xbox games can be created using XDK resources from Microsoft, but only approved companies and approved projects can ever make it into their console. Egosoft is too big for the $99 indie license, and their games too reliant on community modding and patches for hard disc. MS has at least some QA to prevent games like Rebirth from ruining their reputation too
- BarrenEarth

Well I guess (aznd it is just a guess !) it may become an "XboxOne game from a PC port that is a initially an Xbox360 port".... Because we are doing the debug right now... After the game is stable, it will be ported again, Bernd stated that the XboxOne will have enough RAM to run it... And that they are interested in the new Gen Bash the wall

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I guess (aznd it is just a guess !) it may become an "XboxOne game from a PC port that is a initially an Xbox360 port".... Because we are doing the debug right now... After the game is stable, it will be ported again, Bernd stated that the XboxOne will have enough RAM to run it... And that they are interested in the new Gen
- Ranalune

Considering the game layout and Bernd's statements which try to be vague enough, it is more than obvious that they'll use the PC platform to fix the bugs with the money earned from it, and then use the remaining "PC money" to port the game to the new consoles for more sales.

Especially considering his today's "To do list" which basically is about bugfixes allover, while again being as vague as possible about new features, anyone who expects XR to ever become the promised 4X game with "gameplay elements and interaction" that "remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" (see http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129117-Egosoft-Boss-X-Rebirth-Reboot-Sheds-Limitations-of-Legacy for the full interview).

Of course, Bernd surely will try to avoid lies like in that interview more carefully from now on.

« 1 2 3 4

You need to log-in to post here.