Do you like what you have seen of Rebirth so far?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Do you like what you have seen of Rebirth so far?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

I personally think it looks amazing... but id like to know more about mechanics.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 13 years ago.

It does look amazing. I love the bright colours I've seen in one screen shot especially. If people were advertising something in space they would have bright colours as a way of getting attention. Also the safety notices ie: don't crash into this tube or you'll blow the station up, with yellow and black stripes. The ship designs look nice and fresh, I would love to know what they've done. Did they hire new designers?? Stations being bigger I like. More life in the verse, that's all good. I've the screenshot page from Egosofts site bookmarked. Checking it near everyday in the hope if more eye candy

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hopefully they will release some information on the game soon - just a few screen-shots isnt enough Smile So many of us are asking a lot of questions - I guess that good in one way: There's still people wanting to play X style games.

ps. there probably more images on my rebirth site btw. You may want to check them out!

Anaraavi

Anaraavi avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 12 years ago.

From the vid we have seen, it certainly looks more 'alive' than before.
This sterility of the past games in that respect has been a pet gripe for me, though not game breakingly so.

Now it does look more alive and hopefully from what has been said we will have more dialogue with stations, other pilots etc, so this will help the rpg/immersion side of the game, of which I am a great fan of.

It does look very nice however in terms of colour and detail so far, and I am very much looking forward to more solid info from the devs in terms of interviews, videos and images.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

It does look very nice however in terms of colour and detail so far, and I am very much looking forward to more solid info from the devs in terms of interviews, videos and images.
- Anaraavi

Me too, graphics is great and that.. but its the game-play which matters most. We know so little about the game-play. One being we cant control capital ships directly.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

lets list the sources of info to see if we can get any info before the rest of the world does.
im following ego and rebirth on facebook and twitter. i often check the forum too. but im thinking more along the lines of dev blogs and dev twitter accounts. do we know the names of the developers? i imagine they do everything in german so has anyone tracked em down? there could be clues in a devs twitter updates

Picture
NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

Mike, you get the info, I translate if you want Big grin

Seriously through, ego is really pushing the silence wagon around. In some respects this is good, but right now...JUST GIVE US INFO!!!! :P

Seriously through....what about capitals, where did you get that info?

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

have a look at the latest X-News, here,

Ego are keeping a tight grip on information atm - even if its still alpha atm.

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

They must be still looking at the game and looking at our comments, to help them with this new adventure. The more we chat the more they may listern to us.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hopefully, there been a few things ive seen/heard of that worry me in rebirth: no control of caps, space roads, only one ship you can control? Got some info from:

Although 14mins a bit long to watch someone talking Confused - I got bored after 5mins lol

blackfire83

blackfire83 avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm really starting to worry about Rebirth. The "only one ship" thing is my biggest concern. That's one of my favorite things in X. Having a massive fleet. Flying whatever I feel like at the time, etc. Flying one ship is what annoyed me about Freelancer. And Darkstar One. And pretty much every other space sim. And now X is going that way, too? Ugh.

I'm sure it'll still be a good game, and I'll most likely buy it, but I'm not sure it'll be the "hundreds of hours player" juggernaut that the other X games have been for me.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi and welcome to the site blackfire.

The one ship worried me a bit too - felt like we going backwards to X-BTF game-play. Since X-BTF we came a long way although in some ways we lost things too. Even X-Tension (the next game after X-BTF) allowed you to change ships.

Didnt ego say there was no SETA either? .. so we be forced into using ship lanes to move a fast. I also worry all the talk about drones: I rather be able to change ships than have a bunch of drones.

The more I hear about Rebirth, the more I worry about it.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't like what I see, removing SETA, and fleets defeats the object of the X games.

Trade, Fight, Build, Think

Those four things can't be done with just one ship.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

i think it really just depends on how far they let you go with customizing your "one ship". i don't want to be flying around the equivilant of an M3 size ship in the middle of a capital dogfight. i think i would be happy if you could upgrade the hull to a larger size ship, up to a max of M7 size. i think that's what most players end up flying anyways. an M7 with a few fighter bays, decent cargo capacity, and not terribly slow.

i'm not so upset about the one ship thing, as long as there is flexability in how you can outfit your ship. now the highway and SETA thing... i don't know about that.

i like the idea of highways, because they're probably less dangerous than turning SETA on then having AI controlled ships crashing into everything. i like the option of SETA though, if i'm waiting for a quest to refresh/finish, or for one of my stations to build/sell some stuff, SETA is the way to go. but as far as moving about the universe, i personally don't use SETA that much except in wide open spaces.

if they take SETA away, i hope they speed up production times. for some of the high end items it takes about an hour to make just 1 batch of like 10. i think at that point i would just be leaving the game on over night to help make some money.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well it does sound a bit odd forcing you into just one ship - since we had the option to change ships for a long time now. If anything seems a bit of a step backwards on ego's part.

As you said, upgradability will help, however if the ship is too much upgradeable then we will be turning our M5's into high speed capital ship destroyers; which again is rather odd (and something from X-Tension). You wouldnt get a mini and turn it into a Lamborghini Diablo with just a few upgrades; okay you can speed the engine up a bit, change some body work - but there's a limit of how much you can change.

As for SETA, im pretty sure its confirmed gone. Instead we have to use lanes to accelerate us to high-speeds. Again, im worry on both points: SETA was a major part of the X-Series, and lanes force you into a selection of space - which should be about freedom.

I know ego are trying new ideas, whilst its good to hear I do worry about what they are changing X into. Time will tell.. Rebirth will either be very good or a complete failure (due to so many changes).

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I just watched that video again..... it said it will be having 1 ship with a crew and you can update/upgrade the ship.... I like that idea but it still ruins the concept of 'X'

1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.