New to Modding/X3

Home Board Index » Terran Conflict » Scripts and Modding » New to Modding/X3

shadowdetla

shadowdetla avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

I am playing x3tc/ap and I want to change the number/compatible number of missiles on ships. I also want to see if there are ways to change a M7m and add/or change the turrets from 4xmissiles front to 4 missiles, 4 lasers, etc...I read some where to mod scene of the ship and the tships entries but I dont know what that is.
THanks. This is my go to site for x3/xuniverse info!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

well to edit/mod things I would suggest creating a mini-mod; this would allow you to change settings without screwing up your main game-files. To do this you will need a tool called X3ModManger (created by doubleshadow). You may find the following two guides useful (I know they are for X3 but most of the mod making process is the same);

- Beginners guide to mods,
- Making your first mod tutorial,,

I would suggest extracting all the 01 - 09.dat files to another folder (with folder paths and decompression on), starting with 01, going upwards to highest number last (over-writing duplicates). Then take a copy of the types folder and paste it some-where else (this will be your mod).

Now with X3editor, change open up say tships and edit a ship. After finishing, saving it then add the file to your mini-mod with X3ModManager (inside the mods folder in your game folder).

On the splash screen, select mod package and chose your mini-mod.

Start the game as normal, and your mod should be working. Bare in mind that only newly spawned ships will be effected, so if you load in a save game, those ships wont be effected.

ps. another guy was asking about making mods, ill guess ill make a proper guide then Smile

maybe this might help;

You need to log-in to post here.