a few questions about the Khaak starting position

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » a few questions about the Khaak starting position

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

oh right, the best way to send it to me would be to attach it on a email. My email address is here. If you go to the page being logged in, you wont have to solve a CAPTCHA.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

ok, back on the subject of the Khaak.

Is this not true for the rest of the X-Galaxy? You often need more than 1 mine, SPP in complex. Im gonna add some more stations to the shipyard, so you can expand your complex more.

true, but as i said in my last post. a regular SPP is powered by more than nividium, and produces more energy than what it takes to make it's resources. a normal SPP is producing 2200 energy for every 960 that you put into it, thus 1 SPP can support more stations than what it takes to support it. our SPP, powered by nividium, is producing 3840 energy, but it takes 3840 energy to make the 5 nividium that powers it.

so, in all seriousness, we could take nividium out of the mine, and get rid of the power plant altogether, and nothing would change.

so here's the fix:

i say you put up a regular SPP that takes regular crystals to power it. take nividium out of the system altogether, as it only complicates things. Add the following stations for sale at the Khaak shipyard: metals fab, high tech fab, goods fab, adv mine(ore and silicon only), and a regular argon SPP medium and large, and lastly a PHQ.

take all of these stations, plug one of each into the Khaak homeworld, and make them all NPC stations.

keep the PHQ as the only station that you start with, but instead of giving the player all the blueprints to start with, put them on sale at the shipyard. instead of selling ships, sell the blueprints for them, and make the player create their own ships.

i feel that this would solve all of our problems. the player will now have access to all that they need to start an empire. you will have to cap a transport to start trading between all the stations to get production up and running. you'll have to make money to buy resources to make your own ships, untill you can afford to buy a TL, and then eventually build your own stations.

putting the PHQ, stations, and complex kits for sale, will allow for expansion. pumping out whole fleets from 1 PHQ is impractical. thus, endgame, you may have 3/4 PHQ's throuout the universe, all pumping out ships to resupply your losses.

again, let me know what you think. please, and thank you.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,

I am getting a new khaak TL in-game now - its basically a M1 with changed stats but it should look better than the Pirate TL anyway.

so, in all seriousness, we could take nividium out of the mine, and get rid of the power plant altogether, and nothing would change.

Well it does seem that nividium is screwing things up. So it will be removed as a input ware.

Add the following stations for sale at the Khaak shipyard: metals fab, high tech fab, goods fab, adv mine(ore and silicon only), and a regular argon SPP medium and large, and lastly a PHQ.

I will look into adding custom stations for sale, although ive never done that. I think I know how to do it Smile

keep the PHQ as the only station that you start with, but instead of giving the player all the blueprints to start with, put them on sale at the shipyard. instead of selling ships, sell the blueprints for them, and make the player create their own ships.

This maybe done via the BBS. I have already got 'buy the blue prints' in the game, although it will need some updating to support khaak.

pumping out whole fleets from 1 PHQ is impractical

True, the removal of ships for sale will require more PHQ's. I will leave the khaak TL, M0, M1, M2 for sale however, as they are 'big ships'. I need to do some testing.

When this is already, I will have to upload the whole mod as a lot as changed.

ps. Thanks for converting the readme, I can now update it Smile what name shall I credit you?

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

sweet, that all sounds good. can't wait for the update. i think i'll start playing a regular game till it's done.

as for the credits, i'm jacer. it's the name i go by online. it's a modification of my initials, JAC.

although we've mad a lot of changes to this custom start, it will still have to be tested to make sure it all works right. i'd be more than happy to continue testing out modifications, and providing feedback. i've even learned a little about scripting, so i can make some changes to scripts.

do you have a timeframe for the update yet?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I couple of updates whilst testing:

The bad news

The BBS doesnt seem to work when landing on a Khaak stations. The mission is displayed but can not be accepted. So I had to remove BBS missions from the Khaak BBS. This means blue-prints can not be sold unfortunately.

Headquarters can be added to the shipyard but... the price can not be changed. The normal price is 200M. I thought this would be too much, so re-added all ships to the shipyard. 200M buys you a fleet!

The Good news

The Khaak TL works perfectly, sold at 14M its a bit easier to get.

Slaves are removed,

Equipment is re-stocked.

---

I am currently trying to get the 3 new stations to be sold, with their default inputs and output wares.

I am not sure when this will be finished, as it depends how quickly things work or not. X3 can be a pain in the rear sometimes.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

well, that does seem a little steep for the PHQ, but hey, it'll be nice once the player can afford it lol. it should be reasonable too. if the player can buy regular stations to supply his origional HQ, he can build/cap and sell ships untill the 200M mark is met.

what did you mean by you readded all ships to the shipyard? do you mean the blueprints for the PHQ, or did you just readd all the ships to the Khaak shipyard to be purchaseable?

the bad news doesn't seem all that bad, and the good news is really good. hopefully you can figure out the custom station thing, as that would pretty mutch wrap it all up.

side note: i tested out the Khaak corvette and cruiser cuz i got a little bored.

the corvette was pretty nice. it's too bad that you only controll the 1 BKE, but if you have the turrets on attack mode, the front 3 will all fire on whatever your attacking usually. it eats up energy pretty quickly with all those laser's firing, but i guess that's why you buy the large corvette, more laser power lol.

the cruiser is pretty awsome. turrets that don't really leave a blind spot, and that massive GKE that you can shoot larger ships/stations with. it's pretty well rounded, i liked it. i'm not sure if it's ment to dock ships, but i tried to dock a scout, and it didn't work.

can't wait to build up and earn one of these ships instead of just spawning them lol.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Hi there,

I have spent more time in X3 and it is not liking the new stations. It will create them on the initial start with the correct input/output wares however when you buy them for a shipyard and build, they only have 1 input ware - energy cells. Its looking like X3 wont read new ware information. Atm the stations are owned by the Khaak, but should be easy enough to swap to the player (they have secondary of slaves). I think all I can do with the stations is on each khaak load, check all players stations for energy cells, if found remove and replace with the correct wares. I know that scripts can sort all this out, but its a shame its not done on deployment.

it eats up energy pretty quickly with all those laser's firing, but i guess that's why you buy the large corvette, more laser power lol.

That was the plan, the M6 being the first multi-turret ship for the khaak. Those lasers more or less hit everything first time, so laser-power is its weakness.

i'm not sure if it's ment to dock ships, but i tried to dock a scout, and it didn't work.

It should 4 small ships, Ill have re-check it if doesnt work.

can't wait to build up and earn one of these ships instead of just spawning them lol.

Id like to know how you get on, maybe some piccies? It takes awhile as I got to sort loads of little things and test it all. I hate releasing something with bugs.

ps. I got bored of the background and changed it:
Picture

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

nice background lol. and i know what your talking about with releasing buggy material. it would bother me, if i were to put out a mod that only worked sometimes. but at the same time, you're modifying the game to do something that it was never intended to do. there's bound to be problems that you just have to work your way around, even if it is the long, kinda weird way lol.

it sucks that it's taking so much effort just to do the stations. the game seems to not like it when people mess with the imput and output resources. i think they made the station system a certian way, and gave each ware a certian value, so that when you start changing things, it messes the whole system up. so now we have to look and find the holes in this system so that we can make this race(Khaak) that was never intended to be self reliant, fully playable.

it's good work though, i think when we're done a lot of people will jump on this opportunity to destroy everything.

Id like to know how you get on, maybe some piccies?

i've stopped playing the Khaak game for now. i'm waiting to start a new one once the mod is updated. i've been playing a regular game, running around in a argon buster lol. once it is ready for another round of testing i can try and post some pictures though. i just have to figure out how to take screenshots.

(they have secondary of slaves)

yeah, i looked into that. i don't know if you've tested this or not, but it seems to me like having a secondary resource doesn't affect player stations at all. that makes me wonder though, how do NPC stations consume the secondary resource, and why?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I have no idea why secondary are on stations, I have removed them now. Slaves can be sold via the trading docks. Which disappear on load.

I have now solved the problem with the new stations. On a load the mod checks all player owned khaak stations and corrects them. So you need to deploy the station, save, then load. I know its not great, but the other way would mean running a script every so often just to check every like 5 minutes. This way you know when the stations will be fixed and its only ran once per load. I dare not change any values of the stations, otherwise they disappear - X3 is really touchie on this.

I would say the khaak save is done now. Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

sweet, but your gonna hate me. i decided to do attack runs with all the different Khaak ships, just to see how far i could get with each. i already know how awsome the Khaak fighter is, so i decided to start with the large fighter (M3+).

yeah, it crashed my game. this happened 3 times in a row. the 3rd time i even rememberd to turn off that random even generator that was crashing my game last time. yeah, still crashed. i'm going to move on to the M6, and see how far that one goes.

so my results so far are:

M3 is amazing. fast, and deadly. can take on anything up to and including some M6's.

M3+ sucks lol. crashed game 3 times.

M6 crashed game as well going to try again with all AL settings off. confirmed with all AL settings off. crashed twice in a row.

M6+ seems to be working fine. every turret spot has 2 BKE's, KILLER. the Ogre still killed me. that's the ship that always takes me down. let's see how he likes the KHAAK CRUISER

M7 oh yeah, that ogre went down easy. i had to turn off all turrets to power the main GKE to kill it though lol. now, to pit it against something bigger. is it bad that i just ran over a paranid nemisis vanguard and killed it? ok, the paranid yaht(M7) finally got me. they ganged up on me with a bunch of fighters, a M6 and the M7. i managed to kill the M6 and most fighters but the yaht finally killed me.

M2 made it through the yaht(M7) with little trouble, he had my shields down halfway though. paranid M2 and M1 gang banged me after i finished off the M7 and i finall fell. conclusion, Khaak M2 is badass, but numbers still win the day.

M0 pretty much tore through everything that was thrown at me. cleared a paranid core sector of a few nemisis's, the yaht, a paranid M1 and M2, and a split M2 that was hanging around for some reason. i jumped into argon prime after that, hopeing to find a argon M0, but alas, it was ill prepaired to handle what i was bringing. there wasn't even a titan there to defend it. i was killing the argon one when my game finally crashed from unwarrented destruction.

there you have it folks. i'm out for the night.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,

oh man, its bad the way X3 crashes - if it could tell you a reason it would make things much easier to debug. Please try without any AL settings, does X3 normally crash as much? maybe try summoning ships or something?

I just completed my small test of creating 3 new stations (Metals, Goods and High-tech fabs), saving and then loading. All 3 stations where correctly updated and the production line reset.

Do you like the new background? or not? You didnt kind-of say Smile

looking at the date, my X3 mod has been updated for around a year! I wanna do some more things, but the mod may be ready for testing tomorrow but dont hold me to that, just encase Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

the background was nice. the old one was realy dark, so maybe this one will add some light to the sector.

btw, i'm going to continue updating my previous post with how the ships are doing. the M6 and M3+ seem to crash when the turrets fire a lot, not sure about this yet. X3 is a fickle b***h.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,

so basically there are 2 ships I need to check for crashes: Khaak M6 and M3+. I am currently messing around with the khaak particle engine effect - wasnt happy with it before.

Today ive updated all the language files and updating the mod package. There are so many things you need to update in a mod before a release. When the test version of the mod is ready I will send you a link, so you can test the new v3.3 (although this may not be a final release).

btw, have you ever thought about posting news? X3/PS3?

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

slow and steady wins the race. i'd rather wait, and have you satisfied with it, than try to rush out some half finished rubbish *cough(xbox360)cough*.

what kind of news were you talking about?

and about the ships. it's weird, because sometimes it crashes as soon as i enter combat, and sometimes it'll let me kill a few ships, then crash. maybe it has something to do with the laser effects? or maybe it's the custom explosions? maybe X3 just can't handle the awsomeness of these ships, so it crashes lol. it's like with the M0, it cleared out an entire sector, and then as soon as i jump into argon space and start beating up on the argon one, the game crashed.

PS: i did get a M5, M4 and M3 to dock with the cruiser. i don't know why it wasn't working earlier, but your ship is not broken.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well Ill have look over the khaak lasers and those ships although Im a little skeptical of finding much. But never-less Ill have a look anyway.

The trail is done now, hope you like. Here's the new particle trail for the khaak:

Picture
Full size here

As for news, I just wondered if you wanted the ability to post news about X stuff or PS3. You seem good at writing - just thought id ask.

ps. I played around 10-15 mins with the large fighter in Presidents End without any crashing so far. Is there anything in particular that forces it to crash easier? Maybe its been fixed in v3.3?

Here's me (in a large fighter) with my khaak friends:

Picture

« 1 2 3 4 »

Sorry but this thread has been locked.