a few questions about the Khaak starting position

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » a few questions about the Khaak starting position

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

yeah, i can post things on the news feed if you want. i'm not sure what i should post, but i can put up stuff about new games comming out for PS3, and new additions to X3.

also, i'm not sure if this is an ongoing problem or not, but i tried to rate a few of the Khaak ships that i'd been flying around, and it wouldn't let me. i got to the page that asks for the rating %, but the submit button didn't work.

i took some pictures of the M0 destroying stuff, if you wanted me to post them. i'm not sure how though, i don't have an account for adding random immages to or anything. i have a facebook, but i don't really wanna upload all those pictures to facebook. i could email them to you if that would work better?

i'll play around with the large fighter a little more and see if i can pinpoint why it's crashing. it might be because i've had quite a few mods in my game file over the years. might be an old script glitching. i'm thinking about deleting and reinstalling the game from steam, and just adding your mod to it to see if that fixes the problems.

BTW, how did you like the large fighter? i thought it was kinda slow and bulky, almost like i was driving a small M6. i think i prefer the regular M3 over the M3+, but i bet the computer would be better with the M3+.

the new engine effect looks pretty cool. the last one was ok, but the new one looks cleaner.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

yeah, i can post things on the news feed if you want. i'm not sure what i should post, but i can put up stuff about new games comming out for PS3, and new additions to X3.
- jacer08

The PS3 site I basically treat as blog site, ie. I post news about games that im playing or my thoughts about it (like hearing about a DLC, tips etc.). Another thing I post on there is any content I created on the PS3, like making a new LBP2 level. Staff should be able to post reviews on games too. I think general PS3 news like patches etc. get posted enough on other sites. I try to avoid spoilers in news posts although.

The X sites, the news is normally geared to X3/TC or the mods. However there not much news floating around for X any-more. Probably the blogs section would be better for your own X stories (accessed at level 7), which you get your own folder.

I got to the page that asks for the rating %, but the submit button didn't work.

Are you using IE btw? Whats the address of the page you are going to? You press the button and your browser just does nothing?

i took some pictures of the M0 destroying stuff, if you wanted me to post them. i'm not sure how though, i don't have an account for adding random immages to or anything.

For pictures like that, I use http://imageshack.us/ its quite easy to use, just remove the [url] tags from their forum UBB code and post.

i'll play around with the large fighter a little more and see if i can pinpoint why it's crashing.

A test version of v3.3 is being uploaded, why not try that instead? Smile Ill email you with the url. Please remmeber this is a test version! So things can change. 120Mb should take me around 30mins to upload.

BTW, how did you like the large fighter? i thought it was kinda slow and bulky, almost like i was driving a small M6. i think i prefer the regular M3 over the M3+, but i bet the computer would be better with the M3+.

Its not too bad, the key is that rear turret and military shields. A group of large fighters, have like 4 or 5 covering behind them. I kind-of based it around the Nova. The Khaak usually favour numbers than strong single ships.

the new engine effect looks pretty cool. the last one was ok, but the new one looks cleaner.

I wasnt happy with it. For me the new one is more khaak'ie - if that is even a word.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Are you using IE btw? Whats the address of the page you are going to? You press the button and your browser just does nothing?

yes i am using IE, most current version i think. here's the page that i was on.
http://x3.roguey.co.uk/ships/mod-1/vote-263.html
when i try to push submit, it doesn't do anything. i can see the little button push animation, but i don't get redirected anywhere.

A test version of v3.3 is being uploaded, why not try that instead? Ill email you with the url. Please remmeber this is a test version! So things can change. 120Mb should take me around 30mins to upload.

right, i'm reinstalling X3 now. it should be about 2 more hours, cuz it's gotta download from the steam servers and my internet is crap here(gotta love BT). as soon as that is finished, i'll look for your email and apply that patch.

is V3.3 a stand alone version, or do i need to add another one with it? also, is this compatable with the egosoft bonus pack?

one more question, did you ever add that AI script that we were talking about so that the Khaak will migrate out from the homeworld to populate sectors that you take over? this isn't a big deal, i'm just curious.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

when i try to push submit, it doesn't do anything. i can see the little button push animation, but i don't get redirected anywhere.
- jacer08

*sigh, I got the same here. Its always if something doesnt work, its cos of IE.. Oh well, I working on fixing this.
[update] It should now be fixed. I missed off the tag: type="submit" Bash the wall

is V3.3 a stand alone version, or do i need to add another one with it? also, is this compatable with the egosoft bonus pack?
- jacer08

Yes, as always Smile

one more question, did you ever add that AI script that we were talking about so that the Khaak will migrate out from the homeworld to populate sectors that you take over? this isn't a big deal, i'm just curious.
- jacer08

Nope, although probably easy to do with the job file. This maybe something to add to the final release.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

sweet i got your email, now i just have to wait for the game to finish installing lol. maybe i shouldn't have done all that, but i just want a fresh start, so the other mods that i've added in the past are removed from the "what if" category.

i'm trying to finish dragon age - awakening in the meantime. can't wait for DA2 to come out. 1 more month!!!

i'll update this post when i start in on V3.3.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

re-check your email Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

message recieved sir. thanks a lot! still waiting on X3 to install. i swear steam told me that it'd be ready in 2 hours, like 4 hours ago. i might have to start on this tomorrow. oh well, at least the crashes should have stopped by then. i'll stop posting here, as this thread is getting a bit long. when i start in on V3.3 i'll post about it in my blogs. maybe i'll feel motivated later and set up an account with that immage hosting website you mentioned, and post some pics as well.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

np m8, enjoy the new rights. The only thing I wish to add if you want to post news on certain PS3 game, go-to the game, then news tab and click the Add news button. On the main page, its general news.

The blog section is ideal for your thoughts and experiences on the mod. It will be interesting to read and everything will work okay!

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

should this thread be deleted? the whole thing was basically concluded with the 3.3 update.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

okies, lock it - mod jacer! Big grin

« 1 2 3 4

Sorry but this thread has been locked.