Dead is Dead!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Dead is Dead!

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

so like the title says i just started a dead is dead game,why you ask???well was having some major problems with my computer so i had to format it,of course i made a backup of my save but for some reason does not work just borded a megadolon last night too Cry

well no use crying about it but i decided to start a dead is dead game and wow they start you off with shit.

all i have is 1 octopus no guns and just some illegal goods in my cargo and 1000 credits lol.

well lets see how far i make it!!!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Good luck!

Can I get a rundown of exactly what you start with, right down to the tunings on your Octopus? I don't have AP (no steam) so I can't do a proper DiD, but I'm really interested in playing that start. If I know what's what I can recreate it with the Cheat Package and play on from there. Plus I don't do Boron characters :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Can I get a rundown of exactly what you start with, right down to the tunings on your Octopus? I dont have AP (no steam) so I cant do a proper DiD, but Im really interested in playing that start. If I know whats what I can recreate it with the Cheat Package and play on from there. Plus I dont do Boron characters :p
- Kirlack

just a regular octopus with 2 engine tunning no guns 1000 credits 2 space fuel SETA drive,you are in queen's harbor and rep is neutral except for split and paranid it hink its the -2 standing(dont gives missions and cant go in core systems).thats preaty much it.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

so i died....stupid auto pilot decided that going through a asteroid was a good idea.......they really should fix that lol

i really like games with a hardcore mode but that is kinda a stupid death....but i should have known better not the first time the auto pilot screws me over.

now the real question should i try again?

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

You'll just die again. Guaranteed. Unless you play super safe and have your ships fight while you order them from a distance, in which case a bomber will magically appear 4km behind you and fire a few firestorms to make sure you regret your choice Evil
I swear, this game is prone to doing anything to make sure the best made plans end up badly. Hate PC

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

well put me in an M3 with a jumpdrive and im preaty hard to kill,but ya it would be long and boring till i got to that.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Sounds like a crazy game-mode especially after the massive missile barrages which can be thrown at you by some random M8 - One even took out my M7 once.

So in DiD I guess you can save? but what happens when you near death? can you simply reload the game or is loading disabled (that would be crazy)? If you can simply reload, then how is it different than a normal game? Does a death after a save stop you from loading in your old save?

Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'll never play DiD. I don't often die in combat, but I die periodically from Autopilot or other related issues - e.g. Jumping two ships to a jump beacon a few days ago. Second one landed on top of the first (my player ship). Clever.

Yesterday I came through a warp gate and *instantly* my ship died. No hostiles around as far as I knew, not sure what if anything I hit - couldn't see anything...

These "bugs" are mildly annoying but thanks to autosave it's rare I loose more than 10 minutes of play. But if I was playing DiD, I'd be livid.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yup, exactly (so easy to die in X3AP) - maybe someone left a squash mine for you?

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

If it was Terran space it's possible you hit a mine. Apparently one of the devs scattered a few about for a laugh...
As I understand it you can transfer one of your DID saves to a normal save, at which point DID is deactivated.
Otherwise it's a new start... And you though Terran Commander was frustrating...

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Dead is dead mode is a great idea... for a more polished game. As others have aluded to, there are far too many bugs in X3 for that mode to really be a satisfying way to play, because I'd guess 8 times out of 10 you'll die to some stupid bs collision even though you were being careful because the game is just buggy that way.

What's the fun in working your way up for weeks or months being hardcore careful just to run into an asteroid? It'd just make you wanna kill an Egosoft dev, so why go through all that angst? I'm a very good player that rarely dies, but I still can't see this working for X games because of the glitches.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

So in DiD I guess you can save? but what happens when you near death? can you simply reload the game or is loading disabled (that would be crazy)? If you can simply reload, then how is it different than a normal game? Does a death after a save stop you from loading in your old save?
- Roguey

the only way to save is to exit the game and once you load the game it gets deleted,so you really cant reload once you die its all over.

im gonna start an other DID game but no auto pilot this time,once i get in a solano with a jumpdrive on it i should be fine till i get in an M3,then if i make it to an M7 i should be set ive gotten preaty good in my thresher i only died when i was fighting stupid in it,or that one time when i didint see that big ass asteroid and crashed in it lol.

but my only problem with X3 is the auto pilot,so if i dont use it i think i can make it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Wow, that sounds extreme. I guess over the years we got used to dying a lot in x-games and saving/loading is just part of the game. I agree for this type of mode we need a better auto-pilot, better collision detection (you can turn your ship inside an object - try turning near a station (it should scrap the side)) and less missile spam. DiD doesnt really interest me, however good luck to everyone who tries.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

The autopilot's ok for the most part, although trusting an M5 in the speed range of about 490+ is typically fatal. Jaguars especially.

As long as you don't completely forget that your ship's still moving and keep at least one eye on the screen it should be safe for some duties. Docking Cap ships not one of them. Hate PC Gate transition I've always found to be generally safe though.

@Rassyu, you can save anywhere in DiD mode? Or only at stations?

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@Rassyu, you can save anywhere in DiD mode? Or only at stations?
- Kirlack

anywhere when you quit the game it save automaticly.

and as for doicking im not worried about that just buy a docking computer and shit+D 5km from station and it instantly docks.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

and as for doicking im not worried about that just buy a docking computer and shit+D 5km from station and it instantly docks.
- Rassyu

Heh, don't try that with a Hyperion and a split shipyard. ROFL

1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.