Dead is Dead!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Dead is Dead!

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Heh, dont try that with a Hyperion and a split shipyard. ROFL
- dutzan

or boron equipment dock,puts you in the fighter hangar and you die on undock lol.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

or boron equipment dock,puts you in the fighter hangar and you die on undock lol.
- Rassyu

I just found out today that Teladi ship yards kill Hyperions too.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Should be ok as long as you use the ship commands to undock, rather than try to do it manually. Launching an M6 from most super-shipyards is fatal unless you use the command console, even if it's just set to 'Idle'

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh, so suggests dont get a Hyperion in DiD mode - sounds like it has quite a few docking issues.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

It's just about any internal docking for M6 that will kill a Hyperion, Springblossom, Corvette, Heavy Hydra, Heavy Nemesis, Heavy Osprey, Hydra, Nemesis, P, PX, Vali or Chokaro.
So that's all the Super shipyards, the Boron EQD and Kyoto.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh, so suggests dont get a Hyperion in DiD mode - sounds like it has quite a few docking issues.
- Roguey

Get it, just be careful how you undock it. For a new-ish player who doesn't roam the forums and hasn't come across the problem, I can understand it being an issue. For those of us who know the game though, it's not a problem.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

i stoped my DID game game cuz my game crashed(happends like once a month) and i lost everything,now thats kinda stupid for a hardcore mode.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

i stopped my DID game cuz my game crashed(happens like once a month) and i lost everything,now thats kinda stupid for a hardcore mode.
- Rassyu

Precisely. My X game very occasionally crashes also. You can't have a DiD mode as a practical option in a game that isn't even all that stable.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Precisely. My X game very occasionally crashes also. You cant have a DiD mode as a practical option in a game that isnt even all that stable.
- PuppyOfWar

true,but they can work around that diablo 2 had a hardcore mode and if you crashed you char was not lost,but it was a online capable game too but in that retrospect you need a steam connection for DID mode.

so i wont be trying a DID game till thats fixs at least because like i sayed before i really like hardcore modes.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

true,but they can work around that diablo 2 had a hardcore mode
- Rassyu

yea I remmeber it too. I remember people who went around killing other players and destroying games. After that DiD modes didnt really interest me. They are hard work at the best of times.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I remember swearing vengeance for a friend of mine while playing Phantasy Star Online when it was on the Gamecube. He'd spent over a year playing it offline to bulk up his character and get a load of unique items, then the first time he came online he got lost and was jumped by 4 germans who stole all his gear! He never played again after that.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

yea I remmeber it too. I remember people who went around killing other players and destroying games. After that DiD modes didnt really interest me. They are hard work at the best of times.
- Roguey

i did games with a password and played with friends so no one could come in unless we knew them.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok im sorry im am so confused. I was reading Kirlack's Dead is dead story (great by the way!!) and at first i though it was just a story no game play involved and i look on here and egosoft forums and it says you guys are playing it. Is this a mod (and if so where can i find it) or is this just a custom game and you are "pretending" your a pirate. I know this seams like a dumb question and has required all my knowlage of the english language to understand but you guys have me all confused and turned around now lol.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm.. i think its most likely Kirlack's story is based around game-play although I could be wrong.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm.. i think its most likely Kirlack's story is based around game-play although I could be wrong.
- Roguey

Primarily, yes it's game play based. I like to throw in a little bit o' creative flair though, just to keep it interesting Smile It's just another step up from role-playing a character in the X universe really.

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.