...And now for something completely different...

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » ...And now for something completely different...

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Dang, you capped one before I did! Congratulations indeed to you, but now I sure feel sheepish. Where are you all finding them? They never seem to spawn for me, I've only seen one so far this game and that one I was forced to destroy.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Found this one in Xenon Sector 101. I have also seen them deep in the Xenon Sectors north of Grand Exchange and in the Xenon sector east of segaris or megnir I forget which of the two it borders.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

@mechm0343 gz on your first I, what are you gonna do with it? Use it? reverse engineer it? Sell it? (I guess that would be a bit crazy although).

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

Congrats on the I. I suggest building a firestorm missile complex to keep it stocked with missiles. Mine both carry 150 firestorms, along wigh 150 hornets.

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm going to keep it! I loaded it up with weapons and took it out for a test flight and wow.. its a monster thats all I can really say. It doesnt move very fast but with its slim profile and its ability to strafe very quickly makes it super easy to dodge a lot of incoming fire. couple that with the return fire ability of the I and I'm pretty sure I can rule the universe in this thing Cool

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I was thinking the exact same thing martimus. after giving it a once over it seems like hornets and firestorms are the way to go. being able to barrage firestorms is well.. deadly hehe. but at the rate you can burn through them would be next to impossible to keep a stock of them without producing the missiles yourself.

I was also wondering how you had yours loaded out with weapons? I have anti-capital weapons like photon pulse and gauss cannons up front and on the sides and tried to put anti-fighter weapons like flak artillery and ion shards on the top and bottom. it eats through capitals like no other ship ive owned but with large amounts of enemy fighters still gotta call in some hyperion support to handle fighters. anyway was just curious if our loadouts or similar or if I should try mixing the guns up a bit.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have it fitted with PPCs in the turrets on the front and the two sides. I have flak fitted on the top and bottom to take care of fighters.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Maybe a silly question, but what happens if you send in a wave of firestorms which are within range of each other? ie. would they explode in a chain, finally hitting yourself? LOL

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

No, they get launched in sets of threes with a gap between them. That gap is greater than the radius of firestorm explosions.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
« 1 2 3

You need to log-in to post here.