Jump Beacons

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Jump Beacons

p3x1187

p3x1187 avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Any one know if is possible to build or place your own jump beacons?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

It possible to place your own, however you need steal them off ships. I havnt personally got any but know a few here have got loads of them. You have to board rapid response craft I think.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

i have 6 jump beacons capped 2 today 1 off a argon colossus and the second off a split tiger.

they spare ones are sitting on my mantlepiece just deciding whether or not to flog them on EBAY Big Grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Did you get all of them from boarding rapid response ships?

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes everyone i've capped but none in the war zone but outlying sectors

I also know and got the location of 3 other ships. i have also recorded the number of the ship and every now and then go and reconfirm the jump beacon is still on board.

so if i want them i'll go get them but unsure about capping them as my new 2 beacons are on EBAY starting a 99p and no bids Confused

so there is no demand for my spare ones so why cap another 3 Big Grin

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

I've been on the look out for RRF ships that are in a good spot to capture. I've found a couple in some pretty emtpy border sectors but so far haven't found any with a jump beacon on board.
Any suggestions on where I should look or is it all random? right now I'm just keeping an eye on the on the ones I know of hoping maybe I'll catch one with a beacon on board.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

As far as I can tell it's random. However if you find one, if you bring it's shields down to less than 5% it will jump to another sector belonging to its race. The rep hit is small, and it can be a good away to coax them into a possibly less crowded sector where you can cap them safely.

Also I would avoid going after M7Ms, or if you do try make saves beforehand. In my attempts, they've been buggy*. Update on my progress though, yesterday I capped a python which gave me 22 CIGs, 20 IBLs and my first Jump Beacon. Huzzah!

*see this thread

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have found and know of another 5 jump beacons i already have 6 ALL my caps are with a COBRA do not worry not using a M7M just makes sure you have enough missles and tap with shields down and take your time.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have found and know of another 5 jump beacons i already have 6 ALL my caps are with a COBRA do not worry not using a M7M just makes sure you have enough missles and tap with shields down and take your time.
- suzukigsxr

That's not what I was talking about. I said don't attack M7Ms, not don't attack with an M7M.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

i have capped 2 M7M's they are troublesome but no different to any other.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well all the RFF M7Ms that I've attempted have responded by glitching out.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

By Glitchin do you mean jumping out to nowhere ???

if so, save before you board note the ship reference.

i have had this and after the 4th 5th time everything is ok and i mean both the M7M's it was a teladi M7M and the last one split tiger.

when they jump search all factions sectors.

they also most of the time jump to somewhere else jump to the same location if in process of boarding and you should still cap it.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

No, I mean they vanish from the game completely. Not jump, just vanish. I covered it in this thread, which shows how after the ship control is transferred the ship just disappears. So far this has only happened with M7Ms, and boarding other classes of ships hasn't had the same bugs.

I can deal with them jumping to other sectors, but that's not the issue here.

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Congrats on snagging your first beacon Seygantte, and even if not for the beacon it came with a decent stash of weapons. best ive gotten away with was 20 ibl's from a yaki akuma.

I saw a post somewhere on the forums where someone commented on stealing a TL with a factory inside.. Is that even possible to find a TL with a factory inside much less cap it and still have it in there?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@mechm0343
Thanks. It was really lucky, as that was the cargo on the first try without even needing to do any reload abuse. I was actually surprised to get any IBls, as I hadn't realised they appeared on ships other than the Yaki ones. Usually I cap Ryus to get them.

As far as capping TLs with stations, yet that's possible. Have you ever wanted to hire a TL but not been given the option in the comms box? That's because the TL is on a mission from the GoD engine. If the GoD finds that a station is superfluous then it removes it, and if a station is needed it will generate a build mission. If this mission is ignored by the player, it will get a TL to do it. When the TL is on its way to the build location, the station is carried as cargo and TL is unavailable for hire. As such, you can get the station as part of the goodies when you cap the TL. I'm assuming you're thinking of trying to cap a Ryu on its way to build an IBL forge?

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yea I was thinkin it would be fun to snag a ibl forge although because I cap so many yaki ships to train young marines I usually end up with a stockpile of ibl's anyway. guess it would be more for the fun of trying then actually owning the forge =)

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.