Patch 1.2 currently updating ready to go live

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Patch 1.2 currently updating ready to go live

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 9 years ago.

The long awaited wings update, with the addition of 2 ships as well has just gone into upgrade mode, so will soon be time to get together with friends, because soon, even the npc's will be flying in wings supposedly

Now we are really at the point that Egosoft said was impossible to do - lets see how things go and how easy it will be with all the pirate players in wings

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well the launcher wanted me to update, but nothing there about upgrading yet. Its looking like its due within a few hours although. I might try the update tonight. Ill move away from Lave (after the recent crap from the pirate groups there), try and find a some people who wanna coop. Hopefully this patch will bring out some good play, rather than bad.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Installed fine here. I guess it is time to give E:D another try.

Mayak

Mayak avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 9 years ago.

Downloading at 0.09 MB/s, 12 hours remaining (through my 50MB broadband connection). Will try again tomorrow night!

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 9 years ago.

a fair few people were having internet problems yesterday, im hearing good things about the vulture at the moment for flavour of the day fighter now too

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Yea, I think Frontier had some problems too (including releasing two more patches after v1.2).

As for the Vulture (full stats here), it definitely doesnt seem too bad - like a big-asp (pun). I guess it trades the 6 weaker guns for more manoeuvrability, and two larger guns. Although the jumprange isnt great (especially with that 8 unit fuel-tank). Going by the stats id say the Vulture is better for short/medium range combat, whilst the Asp is good al-rounder, cheaper and good at exploring.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Any signs of worries written here? More organized pirate groups etc.

I still feel the game has very little to offer at least for solo players. I hope upcoming patches will bring something for everyone and make the game much more deep.

You need to log-in to post here.