What have you been doing 2020

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been doing 2020

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Is there a way to do a "manual" plot...then just enter each galaxy one at a time...???

[I been grinding in Mainini for 3 days to get my Imperial rating up there to buy a cutter!]

KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi KP, you could go onto "elite dangerous star maps" and plot a route home using their route plotter, or try changing your route setting to economical rather than fastest. What system are you currently in?

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I will try that here in a second and let you know results...I probably just ticked the wrong box...Nope, won't work. I had tried that. I have just economical ticked, then hit plot on right and it turns red and refuses to do anything except a straight shot to Diag, which is 174 lt years.
I am in Venici

This is why I am mystified...pretty sure this worked before, otherwise I could not have gotten here from Diag. in the first place.

KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I finally found a site to break it down, and this Cutter won't even go to Partii which is 16LY. Turns out the Cutter range is 7LY!!! ohmigod, I have bought a monster! 7LY???

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Wow, I cannot get out of Venici because Cutter has 7ly range and nothing is that close. I am stuck! I have top FSD available at Venici. What if I do this? Store the Cutter (Kiki Pitts XIX) there. Buy a good jumper, go to another system where I can upgrade the FSD on the Cutter and have it transported there? Will they still transport with the short range or....???

KP (stranded!)

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Have you got any jumponium supplies, or a SRV hangar which would allow you to land and gather materials? A medium jump boost would give you 10.5 LY. Is there a base with a shipyard in the system as you could land, buy a Sidewinder with bigger jump range to get home then "transfer" your Cutter (at a price) which I presume will work. Wouldn't hurt to try it, worst thing is you end up back where you started. Can you D rate some of the equipment on the Cutter to lighten the weight, or remove/store non essential modules or the armour block to gain range?

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Unladen is still under 8 it says in right panel - does that mean selling off everything I added on still won't get me to 15 which is what I need.
I am not sure if unladen means that.

KP

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Solved! Bought a little Cobra and after 42 jumps am back in Diaguandri, and have ordered for the Cutter to be transported here. Yay! Now I can outfit her again, and hopefully find out out to engineer the FSD drive so this does not happen again!

Thanks for help, Commander

KP off to dinner!

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

At least that answered the question - the game ignores max jump range when remote piloting your ship!

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

At Diaguandri I could buy a bigger Power Distributor (8A) which bumped me up to 15.8LY range. I can only find a 7A FSD and that is the big problem needing solving, I think. Think the only choice is re-engineering?

KP

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

KP...if you are elite in any of the three ranks you can enter Shinrarta Dezhra as you will qualify for the permit.....everything can be purchased at Jamison Memorial station at a discount...other than that use EDDB , search for the stuff you want there.

I have only used the above for purchasing but the other guys will know of more systems to buy most stuff.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

On this site looking at the ship info the cutter can only have a maximum 7A FSD, so you need to go to Farseer and engineer that to get a bigger range

Thresh

Thresh avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 4 years ago.

Joined Mobius as the more laid back version of Open, i.e. hopefully no ganking. However don't think I've actually encountered another player yet - makes me wonder how many people are really playing the game on a regular basis.

- BigVern

Big Vern. I am in Mobius and more or less centered around Leesti. CMDR Thresh.tx

And hi to everyone else, im usually a lurker. Smile

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

hi lurker lol, good to see you on the forum, thanks for the input.

Was considering Mobius at some stage...have not got around to it yet !

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

had my first go at neutron travelling....survived so far after about 5 jumps and for some reason my fsd is only down to 95% ..thought it was supposed to do more damage than that.

SD1...is the Robigo run nerfed or still profitable ?

« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.