What have you been doing 2020

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been doing 2020

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

ok..finally could not resist the deal and came home with a Lenovo Explorer...picked it up for around $200 Au.
The reviews said it was pretty good for just sitting in the chair so no need for a Vive or Oculus at around 1G although they are considered the best..well that was my thinking as I only wanted it for ED and not running around the house breaking things.

Shaking with excitement I ignored the complaints from the missus and went to hook it up.....well....seems like I now need a new graphic card to run the bloody thing....(even though the one I have is no slouch)...works on the windows reality in Win 10 and that will not run without a new one.

In the process of choosing one, and at this stage I am looking at the AMD Radeon RX 480 or 580, yep I know about the other type but I have one installed already and the update will be less of a hassal to install using the same type....I think lol

Reason I mentioned this is because there may be one of you who may give me a few tips about any of your experiences on either getting the vr going or graphic card choice for the game.....must say it runs perfectly at present at around 50+ fps. with only the occasional glitch.

Will answer my own question and the Robigo run is still ok but the bigger money is to now include the criminals as passengers.

o7

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Did you think me dead, Guys?

It has been hectic last few weeks and no time to do much communicating. I have been working on a couple of projects then this Corona Virus has really upset many things...nothing fatal, just thrown many wrenches into many works.

Are you all okay in your areas?

Anyway, a quick catchup:
Got to Dav's Hope and learned how to boogey with the buggy pretty well. The, for the first time, did some surface mining on several planets to get some various minerals. That is verrrry interesting. You think you are alone on a desolate planet and suddenly there is a bunch of barrels with nastly little drones picking at you. I decided to take them on...shot one down then the other three were like hornets so barely escaped as they followed me for like a mile! So, called the ship, then went back and was going to laser their asses, but couldn't find them. lol
I learned how to get Felicity to upgrade my clipper...up to 24LY range as far as it could go.
I worked a grinder and got a King rating
I bought a Cutter, and finally just sold it, as it is too clunky and I do not get the advantages over a Clipper...and then TheSE two things helped convince me...1) Even on Autolaunch I was suffering damage as it was banging into shit and one time by the time I got out of the slot I was at 78% shields! On another occasion, I had some illegal passenger, and after I went into the port they started firing on me, so I managed to turn the beast around and fly out of there, but they blew me to pieces outside the slot and I wound up in detention somewhere 100 Ly from Jameson and had to rebuy the damn ship on top of insult.

I bought a Krait and fooled around a Nav Beacon with that and inadvertently shot at an innocent because my fire button was located incorrectly. So, then I was wanted! Made it back to Jameson with 8% shields.

I think the Mamba is much more fun than the Krait for combat anyway.
Next I want to learn about this Guardian stuff...
Any hints on that/

Much love, Commanders!

Safe Skies and all that...

Kiki Pitts

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

glad to hear you are ok KP.

Just letting you know we now have our first case of the virus here in Wagga Wagga Australia , and because of me being so old and decrepid haha we had already been keeping watch and stocking up, joined the supermarket online ordering of groceries but that has not been working, we have now stopped going to the shop ourselves and Nadine our daughter is doing the odd order for us and dropping stuff around.

We cancelled our trips to the gym last week but now they are closed anyway.

We are getting very close to total lockdown I think.

Our daily routine now is going for walks whilst dodging people and visiting the tip to look for toilet paper! Smile

To combat putting up with it I now have a VR to play my space game...Wife has taken over watching it lol.....she thinks it is very cool .
Also one of those vibrating platforms to stand on, and when I get the energy I have my planes to fix, my banjo to play etc........I also found that staying inside for so long, you start to enjoy the simple task of just opening the bloody door and walking around the back yard hahahaha...it's ok I am alright...hahahaha!

Although I am a fan of apocalyptic movies, actually being there is starting to suck.

Seriously I hope everyone is taking care and stays out of the danger zone until this thing hopefully reaches an end soon, we ourselves are lucky in some way as we do not have a job to lose or have to mix with people except voluntarily.

Regarding the game in VR ? well it is awesome...still not setup completely yet but not far away....the mic is not working yet but I have got the headphones working.
I think it is more the fault of windows and not the actual game...we will see.

I consider us here in the forum to be lucky to have an immersive game that keeps most of us interested in this rare time that is unprecedented in our lifetime.

j0lt

j0lt avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 4 years ago.

I decided I'd finally fly out to visit Colonia, swing by Sagittarius A to take a pic of the supermassive black hole, then head back to the bubble. I'm so bored of jumping!

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

that is a big..no...massive trip mate....what ship and how much mapping cash ?

did you use neutrons ?

well done..did you wear any buttons out Smile

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Next I want to learn about this Guardian stuff...
Any hints on that/

Much love, Commanders!

Safe Skies and all that...

Kiki Pitts

Yes, have a goodly supply of valium handy KP! It will drive you nuts going around the sites looking for the 'lampposts' to light up!

Then you've got to get to the glowing orb.....

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

''REDRUM!''

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 3 years ago.

Just a heads up for peeps who do not know ...everyone can now try out a carrier by using the beta option which allows one to try it out without any downside or effect to your game by kicking in another account ...all beta ingame only effects the beta and everything ceases to exist when the beta ends, so your main game remains intact.

Devs have given everyone a chance to try by dropping cost...carrier is only 1 mil instead of 5m...and the modules only cost a few hundred which makes it viable to everyone one would think, running costs are not applicable due to the short time involved.

Have not tried it myself yet and do not know when the beta ends...but it is a good opportunity.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 3 years ago.

It all kicks off today! I guarantee there'll be a logjam at the dealer stations from the off and for at least a week! So I'm going to hang fire until it all calms down.

Glad to see that FDev have savaged all their previous prices otherwise I wouldn't be bothering with an FC. As it is I'll probably park it at a decent mining spot and fill it with LTD's or whatever else I can mine there ... then shove off and flog in a big heap when the price takes a jump as they occasionally do.

I've been mining on and off for the last month or so and saving up the Klebs. I figure the 15 and a half big ones I've accrued should be enough. 5 to buy, 2+ in the account for running cost so that I can park and forget about it.

We'll see what happens later today after the 6 and a half hour server update! No doubt my computer update will takes ages as well!

Regards to all, :o)

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 3 years ago.

Regarding the Cutter KP, you are quite right of course. Mine too occasionally starts head-butting the walls or get jammed in the slot on Auto launch but (expensive) military grades hull and shields take care of that. In combat they're bloody hopeless! You can tank them to take all the punishment for survival but try pointing your ship at something to shoot ... forget it. They're a brick. Only good thing is the cargo space which comes in handy for wing missions.

Pure combat ships (no cargo at all) I use the FDL ... it's an absolute monster! but ... Jump range is pants! So only local usage or have it transported.

For multi kills further afield ... K2 works for me.

Best of both worlds ... The Mighty Python! 128t of cargo and the weaponry and nimbleness to protect it too. :o)

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 3 years ago.

seems there is good money to be made trading Tritium ..when I checked EDDB near Shinrarta there was a buy at $2,800 and a sell one jump away at $60,000....dunno how long it will last.

Have not tried it yet so check before trying.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 3 years ago.

The Tritium trade thing is weird...after arriving at places that according to eddb or inara sell the stuff..there is none there...even the FC's that claim to sell it...gave up trying, tripped over hundreds of FC's, they are everywhere lol

one FC i tried to buy from crashed the game when I clicked on the commodities screen..bug report came on so I sent it...have not been back to try again...have found a few bugs relating to Tritium...they will fix them eventually.

At this stage I would only trade with stations regarding the Tritium.

ps. found a run ( 3 jumps ) 472 tons with the corvette gives me profit of 22Mil ..pretty good for a few minutes work....not gonna worry about getting a ship with more cargo space atm.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 3 years ago.

hey anyone who has a carrier can they make some comments what they think so far?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 3 years ago.

hey anyone who has a carrier can they make some comments what they think so far?
- Bazr

At first I thought they over-priced, and not very useful. They didnt really interest me.

I thought id try and make some more money, so I went over to the new triple-spot low tempture diamond (LTD) spot. Its a bit out there, so I took a taxi there and back. After a couple of runs I could see how useful they were - ferrying players. On my third/fourth run I was waiting around for another taxi, so I decided to buy one myself.

Now ive only used it for a few days, but I have already made back most of my money now. This due to the high price of LTD and the ablity to get so many LTDs with subsuface mining. I dont know if Frontier will nerf the LTD runs (probably will), but its great to move all your ships in one go, be able to help other players (reguardless of which play-mode they are in) and have the ablity to refuel/restock limpets, store goods for better prices etc.

Carriers are a high price for what they do, but can be useful. Im glad I didnt make a youtube video on them before - I would of probably say dont bother, but after spending a bit of time with one im starting to see how useful they are. Beta wasnt a good test of them, you couldnt really use them fully - if that makes sense?

« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.