What have you been doing 2020

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been doing 2020

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Just finished last painite mining run before tomorrows update, hope all goes well with that and no nasty surprises. Was ignored by KP yesterday sent him greeting and got no reply. Hope all is still alright with you Bazr in Australia, feel sorry for all your compatriots who have been affected by the awful fires, and stand in awe of the volunteer firefighters.Hopefully this has started a new thread and we won't have to go through loads of pages to get latest posts.I am back at my base as I need to do work on BGS, then when the time is available to do some exploration reach Elite explorer.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

We are out of the fire areas ourselves but have many friends that have been affected, the area burnt is extensive but nowhere near some suggestions that all of the country is alight lol.
Away from home for a few weeks flying my rc gliders , caught up with family in Melbourne last few days and leaving tomorrow....this is good as the smoke here is very bad
You are right regarding the firies, they are real heroes.

Have not played game since leaving home 5 days ago but the last painite run got the bank to around 4.6 bill which will still not be enough for the carrier In my opinion, but is a tidy sum anyway.

Will have to check here again to see what the update contained.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey, why didn't you guys tell me you moved over here? Here I am writing away over on the other blog, pouring my heart out and no one is at home 8-D
Anyways, so that waAAAAAAAAAAAY to the right for the keyboard WHILE I have my rift on. And not sure it works anyway. John someone was on today, is that you?

Yeah, I was cracking it yesterday piling up all the moola I could and glad I did...go over and read the other board and you will see.

You know what else I have never learned? How to make fire groups change! I just enter everything in the first row and replace as I need to because I can find no "button" to rotate to the B fire group. And it is very inconvenient in core mining because you have to keep changing your #1 choice from radar to seismic charger to abrasion blaster and back again over and over and over and yeah over again. Then #2 button has to be changed back and forth between prospector limpets and collector limpets. If anyone knows the secret on how to do this with a HOTAS...

SS and MP, Commanders!

KP

So, no more core mining....got out the Orca today and transported for an hour.Next re-engineering!

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi there, it is indeed sad news for Australia. I do wish them the best of luck getting back to normal (as much as they can).

As for myself in 2020, not much. Not sure what to do with Elite and X4 atm. On that side, its been a little slow. Last update for Elite (the january update) was more about fixes, rather than new content. Its good they are fixing stuff, but I do like new content too.

Looks like one of the changes in the january update was changes to high-end mining goods - I wonder if they sell for as much now Confused

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi Roguey, I was talking to a guy yesterday who I have been wing painite mining with and whereas we were getting about 770cr per unit before he was getting about 460 not nerfed but rebalanced as they had promised. KP the names Jake Valent and we are friends in game,also I thought 'what have you been doing in 2020' was fairly obvious. Never mind you have found it now, I thought it would save everyone scrolling through 40 odd pages.I think the change next/previous fire group you need to go to main menu - options - controls - click on weapons a drop down menu appears and below primary fire and secondary fire are the 2 options you are looking for my next fire group is attached to buttons 3&6 on my hotas. I don't bother with previous. Hope this helps.
P.S Roguey really miss your youtube blogs, I think that's what they are called blogs I'm not too familiar with modern terminology lol

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Oh sounds like mining has took a knock, but not too bad; as to nerf it altogether (usually what Frontier do). It did seem one of the most profitable things in the game, so reducing the profit seems some-what fair.

Thanks Jayvee about your kind words about the youtube blogs. Its been awhile since posting a videeo; the main reason is that ive not had much to post about. Hopefully post something on Tuesday - basically wish people a good 2020. Id like to show what the house is like too; after 7 months (still a mess).

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I had mixed results with the new mining, though I tend to avoid the really high end stuff and go for Granditerite (sp) or similar instead.

What else have I been doing...

Joined Mobius as the more laid back version of Open, i.e. hopefully no ganking. However don't think I've actually encountered another player yet - makes me wonder how many people are really playing the game on a regular basis.

Thought I would take a crack at Guardian stuff. In typical Frontier fashion there's no "proper" in game start to this, so you have to refer to Dr's Google and Redditt to understand the process. Found a site, activated the pylons, killed the drones, got the glowing orb to appear - then fell victim to the scanner on the SRV refusing to activate. What a crock of poo, to get an extra 9 LY on a jump drive...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Well the Guardian FSD boost gives you an extra 10.5 ly, not 9 - but as you said its a lot of messing about to unlock. Once you figure it out, its not so bad - just not paticuly fun.

As for Mobius, it is indeed more laid back but from time-to-time some ganking does happen; you should report anyone doing so. I do feel an PvE option would of been better than open or mobius, but doesnt seem Frontier share the same thought. I never play open any-more, so I dont usually see another player ever.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey, Dudes and Dudettes...
KP here wondering...so here's I go: Busted my tiny hump piling up credits before TBA (the big adjustment) so I would buy an Imperial Cutter, only to find out I am not allowed to buy it unless I take a bunch of Navy guys out for drinks. And I am not doing that again...last time was a real twanger!

But seriously, so now I am watching videos on how to move up in the Federal Navy so I can buy an Imperial Anything, and NOT ONE of them agrees with the other.

One says something about going to damaged stations and rescuing people while the place is falling apart around your nubbins.

Another says, find two systems close together both Federal and having courier runs back and forth and back and forth and, oy, back and forth.

A third guy has no idea what he is talking about and takes 25 minutes to tell you.

So, I am coming to MY guys - My Commanders - and asking you: What is the best way to move up in the Navy to the level where I can buy an Imperial Cutter or Clipper?

Meanwhile, to get the feel of the new setup (using a larger TV for the monitor and trying every setting for the screen resolution (with none of them 100% satisfactory) so I can use it is, in itself, a challenge.

Safe Skies and Many Mini-Moon Pies, Commanders!

Kiki Pitts

PS - Thanks, JV, for the help with the firing panels...for over a year I have been doing it all manually. No wonder one of the buttons on my HOTAS just quit.
Anyone know how to repair a button that quits working...it was the i button on thruster I was using for my booster, now using the button I used for changing modes so it is all fricked up and I have to get it under control...like one day just sit down and reprogram. And I have buttons on the thing I have no idea what they are lol that would probably make my life easier...like two buttons on the thruster actually have a dial around them...what the hey is that? DB again. Ah well, it ain't bleached so no excuses...

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Took a new cockpit shot...let's see if it turns out too small...
KP

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

But seriously, so now I am watching videos on how to move up in the Federal Navy so I can buy an Imperial Anything, and NOT ONE of them agrees with the other.
- KikiPitts

hmmm.. its been awhile since I did those military ranks, so im not sure what the best way of doing them now. I know the Federal ranks are much harder than the Empire ones. Federal rank is for the Federal ships (like the Corvette etc.), and the Empire rank for the Imperial ships (Cutter etc.)

We used to grind them by completing BBS missions from certain places.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

https://map.canonn.tech/gr-data.html

Great site for finding Guardian sites and other stuff.

I've been out in the black of late gathering the Guardian Blueprints and materials. So far I'm finding the FSD booster to be the best yet. The Power Dist Guardian mod seems only suited to smaller ships. Working on the Guardian Shields atm. Delta Patter Obelisks are rarer than Rocking horse sh.... erm.... 'manure'

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Vern, I play mostly in open only, go into Mobius when visiting an Engineer or Jameson as they are favourite haunts of gankers. If you want to see other players there are usually some at Ray Gateway, Diaguandri and other nearby sectors although usually they don't respond to a friendly hail. If you want to friend me Cmdr Jake Valent I'm always happy to talk to anyone ingame. Kiki the only way to rank up is to carry out missions, I know you used to be based around Diaguandri any missions in that area would be for federal factions. Liked your cockpit shot, but your role says
normal member
that can't be right. lol

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Well after getting my Guardian FSD, find I've wandered away from the game for a few days. Thought about grinding some more trade rank but CBA at the moment doing abstract radiant missions. With 69.5 LY on my Exploraconda thought about heading up to Beagle Point but I've already got Elite exploration which makes it moot, other than credits for any systems I didn't already encounter.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

"Normal Member"??? What the heck is .... how did I get that label? lol
I would like to change it, but how, Guys?

Surprise warning coming...wait til you see what KP has been up to!!!

It will blow your mind.

Latuh, Commanders!

Safe Skies and Many Mini-Moon Pies!

Kiki Pitts

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey, DB here...
I need help! I am stuck in a galaxy far far away from Diaguandri and want to go home, but every time I try to plot it refuses and when I take off Diag is 145 LY away and my ship won't go that far. I am mssing something because I came all this way with little hops but the plotter has decided not to do that any longer. Wat am I missing!!!???

KP

1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.