Modding ships

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Modding ships

sirius1225

sirius1225 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

I have been trying to mod ships recently, especially the Terran Maccana, to try and make its cockpit guns compatible with the M/AML, and its side guns with the SSC. I am using Cycrow's package creator to do this, can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly."
-Hughes Langstrom
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, if you want to change which guns can fit onto a ship, you will need to edit either tships or tcockpits, otherwise the ship will spawn with the default layout. tships contains the basic stats on the ship, as-well as which guns you can mount on the forward position and which turrets it uses. Turrets types can be adjusted by editing tcockpits, however changing tcockpits will effect every ship that uses that turret. To edit those files I would recommend creating a mini-mod (with modmanger) and adding your edited type files into that. Also note that if you use an existing save, already spawned ships will have the same layout until respawned. I dont think a script can force a weapon to be installed on a ship.

You may find these guides useful (I know they are for X3 but most of the mod making process is the same);

- Beginners guide to mods,
- Making your first mod tutorial,,

ps. ill make a guide on editing x3ap ships soon - i think.

You need to log-in to post here.