politics question

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » politics question

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Now I have never seen any one post any thing about politics on here, so I hope roguey doesnt mind. But I would like your opinion on the weapons ban in the US. Is this something you want or not. And what effects do you think it will have on the the American economy? As a weapon manufacture I would love to here the opinion of the general public. Not just what the news decides to show.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

well over here (England) it is illegal to carry weapons (guns, knifes etc). This doesnt stop all weapon-crime, has there are still some weapon-crime here but I think its a good thing that guns are illegal here. It makes it so much clearer to the police - if they catch someone carrying a illegal weapon, then they can take it off them straight away.

Im personally not too sure how carrying guns help - maybe someone could fill me in? - has you could carry a gun but so could your attacker, so it makes it equal. However when guns are legal, it makes it so much easier to fall into the wrong hands.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

The US is not planing on banning all weapons. Only sertin kinds. For exsample a simple 9mm hand gun you can keep. But an AR 15 you can not they also want to lower the ammount of bulets in a clip to . What I think the US goverment is doing to takeing away my right to sit in my liveing room with an assaut rifle on my lap i will. See that ban is not fair if you will. For exsample. The Ruger .223 caliber Mini-14, is on the proposed list to be banned, while a different model of the same gun is on a list of exempted firearms in legislation the Senate is considering. The gun that would be protected from the ban has fixed physical features and can't be folded to be more compact. Yet the two firearms are equally deadly

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. I thought you said you were from Germany caff?

as for banning certain guns.. well seems strange to me, as really all guns are meant to kill (they dont shot flowers) - whether its sniper-rifle or a pistol.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am but i have dual citisin ship but i lived in germany till i was 17 then came to the US. I grue up spkeing english and german but only used english is shcool hence my bad spelling in the english and the heavy german accent.

I personaly think the gun ban is a load of crap. Because it will ban 2,200 guns in the US. Half of those i make for the military. But with the ban instead of haveing one permit to make all guns aside from a handful right now. I would have to apply and pay for each permit to make a gun it will cost me 1.2 million dollers every year to do this. I would be better off just pulling the 16,000 jobs (spread accrost the US) out of the US. If i do this i would end up saveing money if that ban goes into effect.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Understand gentlemen, that there is a great difference between any two countries, and even between the urban and rural zones within. A total weapons ban may work well in a easily controlled environment like New York City or high-security area like Washington D.C., but will have no merit in a rural community. I personally think that most people should carry non-lethal weapons, like tear gas, pepper spray or tasers to deter crime. Some Republican insisted that the only thing that could stop a "bad guy" with a gun is a "good guy" with a gun. The gun debate only started because of a few nutcases with weapons killing dozens of unsuspecting civilians, even children. The best thing we can do is try and prevent and limit the casualties of these rampages.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

And i agree but with that weapon ban comes the responcibily of the gun seller being responcible for what the buyer does with the weapon as well. That would mean if some guy who bought a gun from me with a clean background and every thing checks out and says he can own a gun and he goes and shoot some one in a robery its not only his fault but mine as well becuase i sold him the gun. Meaning i could do the same ammout of time as he does for something he did. I personaly think that if this ban does go into effect it will throw the country back into a recession worse than that of the depression. I mean if you look at it this the firearms industry contributes more than 33 billion to the US economy and supports about 220,000 jobs. That is almost a quarter of a million people out of work because of a gun ban.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess thats true, once guns in a country its very hard to ban them especially in rural community.

I totally agree about non-lethal weapons, a gun is meant to kill - a single bullet even from a 9mm pistol can kill another human (if shot into the wrong place). If you are being attacked, then attacker can carry a gun as well (so no advantage carrying a gun). Maybe I look at guns in a different light? - since guns are banned in England (although I hope the ban is never lifted).

am but i have dual citisin ship but i lived in germany till i was 17 then came to the US.

Ah, thanks for clearing up - I got little confused at first Smile

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

The ban is kinda lifted i sell guns the england but i sell to your military the ban would effect what guns i could makte in europe as well because i use my american permits to make the guns that are for your military.

Now as for the dual citisin ship its not a good as you would think i have to pay taxes to both countrys I get free helth care just like you but if i commit a crime and its iligal in both countrys i can end up going on trial in both countrys and surveing time in both countrys. Now traffic tickets ro tickets in general i cant get in trouble for not unless it goes to trial then im talking on a thin line. I am as my passport say "an exsample for my country" lol

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

We live in different worlds, Roguey. Even your police don't need to carry weapons. Most American criminals can be expected to have a at least a pistol or a knife. It's a different world with a different mentality. Criminals here will seek power in the most primitive way they can, with brute show of force.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well over here our police do carry guns sometimes (referred to gun-police); although in the past years gun-police have become more common - but still not too common. However (like you said), the average copper doesnt carry such weapons, which I feel is good in a way, as they dont feel they need to.

However, it does sound like different world - not one improved by guns.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I beg to differ. I cant remember the state but in the US there is a state where over 75% of the population has the permit to carry a gun. That state has the lowest crime rate in the country and its all because every one is packing heat. But now we are getting of the gun ban and moveing on to the subject should any one have a gun at all.

You need to log-in to post here.