New guy looking for some mods to be made

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » New guy looking for some mods to be made

immortalfrieza

immortalfrieza avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi everybody. I am terrible at figuring out how modding works, so I signed up here looking to request mods be made from the anyone on this website for anyone who might be interested. I've got a few ideas for X2 at the moment and I hope you guys can help me out. I'll post a separate thread in the X2 section of this forum so look there if interested.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi and welcome to the forum Wave

well, x2 mods are getting a bit old now. When X2 was the current game, I was starting to build the site and make a few x2 mods (these are on my x2 site, although they arent all that great - didnt know what I was doing then). So I dont really have many x2 mods.

as for the community, I think most people have moved on, since then we had x3, x3tc and then x3ap. Its a bit of a quiet time atm; ive noticed my visitors have lowered even on the current site (X3AP). So you may have problems finding people - even the egosoft boards are quieter.

I think most are waiting for Rebirth, or getting/are worried waiting (especially after ego's news announcement of the changes, removal SETA, drones, no capital piloting, one player-ship, no multi-player etc.). Wouldnt be so bad if egosoft gave us more than just plain text updates and some odd pictures, after-al some of these changes are major (this all we heard about it after 1 and half years, after its announcement in April 2011).

immortalfrieza

immortalfrieza avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I know, I know, I just really want these mods made, so I'm asking around both here and the egosoft forums for them. Besides, you're the only one I can find that has made any X2 mods that add in ships.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I know, I know, I just really want these mods made, so Im asking around both here and the egosoft forums for them. Besides, youre the only one I can find that has made any X2 mods that add in ships.
- immortalfrieza

For mods what are you talking about. I have never played the x2 games but are you looking for scripts or modles for new ships stations ect?

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
immortalfrieza

immortalfrieza avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

For mods what are you talking about. I have never played the x2 games but are you looking for scripts or modles for new ships stations ect?
- caffeeine

I put up a thread in X2 as to what I want, but I'll summarize it here. In short, I'm looking for 2 things for X2 the threat. 1, ships added so that every race has at least 1 ship of every class, which as far as I know is only needed for the hostile races, the Xenon, Khaak, and Pirates, and 2, a mod similar to the bail signal extension mod for x3: Reunion.

This: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=187811

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey said
.............I think most are waiting for Rebirth, or getting/are worried waiting (especially after ego's news announcement of the changes, removal SETA, drones, no capital piloting, one player-ship, no multi-player etc.). ..................

I was waiting, may still buy to try, but hoping for an extended AP of sorts. Despite the wealth of comments on EgoSoft forums the Rebirth people seem to be heading away from what a lot of people want. I hope I am wrong, as their threads thing looks like it will be faster for multicore CPU machines. Maybe the hype will keep people going until we've all upgraded our graphic cards, giving undeserved better graphics!

I am an Alien!

You need to log-in to post here.